Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DON'T BE SCARED NORMY!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

I like Chris but he's gone all chael sonnen on us

Would like to watch this for sure now either way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

There hasn't been a good feud between fighters on boards for a while. I endorse this product/service. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    There hasn't been a good feud between fighters on boards for a while. I endorse this product/service. :)

Q5TIj.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

think lessons should be learned from this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpT2W4zRzzM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Menace2Society

ccopeland wrote: »
    Is there not a lightweight tournament in December?

http://www.thefightlounge.co.uk/cage-contender-and-ommac-to-hold-155lb-tournament/

Put your d@8cks away boys, this piss fight is over.

I meant John Ferguson's but thanks anyway Kavanagh. Lol.

He's still gets to fight a vet in the tourney (if he shows) so what's another fight between times??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

As I said to The Fight Lounge this morning I am happy to put the fight on CC15 in Belfast on 6th October. And as CS has also offered to put his ISKA European Title in the mix I am happy to ask the ISKA to sanction it.

The stumbling block is that we have already told Norman that we would match him with a UFC vet for that date. So the decision really sits with the champ and his management. But on the other hand I can see Chris's point that he has accepted an open challenge put out on Facebook by Norman (:) the joys of the interwebz)

For the record I would love to see this fight if it can be made.

As I said to The Fight Lounge this morning I am happy to put the fight on CC15 in Belfast on 6th October. And as CS has also offered to put his ISKA European Title in the mix I am happy to ask the ISKA to sanction it.

The stumbling block is that we have already told Norman that we would match him with a UFC vet for that date. So the decision really sits with the champ and his management. But on the other hand I can see Chris's point that he has accepted an open challenge put out on Facebook by Norman (:) the joys of the interwebz)

For the record I would love to see this fight if it can be made.

Well Normy put the challenge up & I accepted...he's backing out.

Also he can't be a champ after beating someone like that. Why doesn't he fight me to solidifiy that he is an actual champ instead of acting like a chump!

That seems more of an interim title that he holds as he didn't beat anyone to gain it. He should accept it to stay champ!

Sounds pretty gay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Thread of 2012! I can see the "Scared Normy?" Signs in the audience. If this thread is closed Ill kill myself:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Well Normy put the challenge up & I accepted...he's backing out.

Also he can't be a champ after beating someone like that. Why doesn't he fight me to solidifiy that he is an actual champ instead of acting like a chump!

That seems more of an interim title that he holds as he didn't beat anyone to gain it. He should accept it to stay champ!

Sounds pretty gay!!

0635_f205.gif?w=295

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Nothing stopping them facing off and the winner gets the UFC vet. If Norman's so confident as to issue an open challenge, he must be fairly confident of beating anyone. So surely he'd be confident of smoking Chris and continuing on his path to a UFC vet.

Either that or don't issue open challenges on the internet in future?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Actually ill add to the above. If Norman made the open challenge in the knowledge he was going to be put against a UFC vet...why bother putting up the challenge if he knew he wasn't going to do it?

Richy06 wrote: »
    Nothing stopping them facing off and the winner gets the UFC vet. If Norman's so confident as to issue an open challenge, he must be fairly confident of beating anyone. So surely he'd be confident of smoking Chris and continuing on his path to a UFC vet.

Richy06, you seem to be talking a lot of smack here. I bet you wouldn't be talking smack in public! You've always been a lil snotnose!

I'm callin' you out son! Let's have it! I don't think you have what it takes!

We all know you got lucky last time when you beat Scudzilla. How was he to know you'd pull a double switch and go for "Rock" when he went with "Scissors"?

I'll take you on anytime, anywhere. Just remember to bring your Rock, Paper and your pewny Scissors!!

I dont know about anybody else but i want to see the Richy06 V McStuffin fight !!

I dont know about anybody else but i want to see the Richy06 V McStuffin fight !!

Richy06 doesn't have what it takes to hang with me! I'm the Rock, Paper, Scissors master around here and he knows it!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

I see what this thread turned into

ibr3Hq1aD5uc1G.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

I always thought the mma forum needed more dolan
    208823.jpg
    Parker vs menis.jpg

My point exactly. His arse just fell out when I stepped up!

I see what this thread turned into

ibr3Hq1aD5uc1G.gif

That is epic!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

87286-thread_derailed.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Richy06, you seem to be talking a lot of smack here. I bet you wouldn't be talking smack in public! You've always been a lil snotnose!

I'm callin' you out son! Let's have it! I don't think you have what it takes!

We all know you got lucky last time when you beat Scudzilla. How was he to know you'd pull a double switch and go for "Rock" when he went with "Scissors"?

I'll take you on anytime, anywhere. Just remember to bring your Rock, Paper and your pewny Scissors!!

ewww-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-573.gif

I dunno who the UFC vet is, but i'd be surprised if it would be easy for JF could judt move him from one card to another?

Meaning Norman and Chris would have to fight between now and October. Would this be a likely timescale to include both possible fights?

Also, for the fight with the UFC vet to be on the line here, surely the fight would need to take place on a CC card. And isn't the only card between now and the Belfast show CC XVI in Dublin? The fight would have to take place there no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

This is the most awkward thing i have ever read.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

nardinis a highly regarded bjj black belt sure his level in mma hasnt really be tested yet but to think that he was a walk over for norman isn't completely true. Norman just had a better game plan on the nite

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

manga_10 wrote: »
    nardinis a highly regarded bjj black belt sure his level in mma hasnt really be tested yet but to think that he was a walk over for norman isn't completely true. Norman just had a better game plan on the nite

That's bull. Nardini was way out of his depth, in a similar fashion to Jorge Santos more recently. Cage Contender couldnt find legitimate opponents for either Norman or Greg so they gave them Nardini and Santos as punching bags.

Will we ever see Park v Bell? I dout it

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

ROCK PAPER SISSORS LIZARD SPOCK!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Any ufc scalp on normans record would be huge for his career he could always fight chris at a later stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

It's simple, Will fighting Chris be better than fighting some UFC Vet? If so let's get it on.

It really depends who the UFC vet is and if they're someone people will recognise, If it is some English dude who fought there once and nobody knows him then it will probably be nothing more than a selling tool for Cage contender

Has Chris fought Myles Price? if so maybe do that and beat whatever is left in the Irish scene-then Norman will have to fight you to be the Irish number 1.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Chris already beat myles by decision Paul:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 YourMMA

I do think Norman vs. Chris would be a potentially great fight. Norman has a great streak and has taken on tough guys, and his record looks awesome. However, Chris' record is deceiving as he has taken on some of the best fighters in Europe early in his career and he now has a four-fight win streak himself.

Could be a great clash and dangerous for both guys, but Norman is the one really with not much to gain in this scenario so I can understand the hesitance. He's got an awesome shot at TUF with a 16-2 record, and big names on the radar. Chris has everything to gain (Norman's standing, a big boost etc), hence he is the more enthusiastic party. I'd watch it if it happened for sure.

Advertisement