Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter/Spring 2013 (Model Output Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

jimmy.d wrote: »
    Hey anyone have any news on winter yet anymore tweets from joe b or mark vogan etc , just checking if any new views yet

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

mcriot29 wrote: »
    Hey anyone have any news on winter yet anymore tweets from joe b or mark vogan etc , just checking if any new views yet

Sure Mark is now charging £33 a year for a subscription to his site so only people who pay that get to see any of his videos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Sure Mark is now charging £33 a year for a subscription to his site so only people who pay that get to see any of his videos!

He'd want to PAY ME the £33 to watch him....he's a waffler.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

I'm really hoping for a really cold one like winter 2010/11 :)
    Last year was a nightmare I remember 2 frosty mornings :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

Su Campu wrote: »

:D:D:D:D My sentiments exactly Su!

I followed his winter prediction last year (worse fool me) and I will certainly not be paying him 33 sterling for more of his waffle..........the cheek of that Northern Irish / Scottish git !!!

D

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Hi Derekon, nice to see you back. I can hear the sound of neck muscles limbering up all over the country for the inevitable lamppost gazing. Whilst there's every chance we could get an Indian summer I'm also aware the precedent set by winter 10/11 means it could technically be only 8-12 weeks until snow territory. Looking forward to the winter boards everyone and BRING IT ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

There must be something in the air this evening that is bringing people in mind of snow etc... I was just sitting thinking about the winter forecast and then happened on todays posts, H2UMRS.... here, here Well said!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I am not too confident about this winter.

It is looking very similar to last year in some respects so I expect a warm winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I am not too bothered about a cold winter tbh as my love of cold and snow was moderated somewhat by the last couple of winters but at the risk of repeating myself yet again I really do hope this one will see a sky full of vigor with storms and squalls galore. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Lucreto wrote: »
    I expect a warn winter.

I do too, that is GREAT news. :)

I expect a warn winter.
    Warn as in plenty or snow warnings? :lol:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

After looking around online most people seem to be expecting a very cold, snowy winter. Is there anyone that is expecting a mild one?

I expect a warn winter.

I mean "warn" as in I warned of record high christmas day temps in 2011 and I was right. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

derekon wrote: »

:D:D:D:D My sentiments exactly Su!

I followed his winter prediction last year (worse fool me) and I will certainly not be paying him 33 sterling for more of his waffle..........the cheek of that Northern Irish / Scottish git !!!

D
    Lol well said
    The git

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

DylanII wrote: »
    After looking around online most people seem to be expecting a very cold, snowy winter. Is there anyone that is expecting a mild one?

Pretty much everyone is expecting an average (i.e. mild) winter, except some online long term forecasters who make forecasts to please their target audience so that they will sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

K_1 wrote: »
    Pretty much everyone is expecting an average (i.e. mild) winter, except some online long term forecasters who make forecasts to please their target audience so that they will sell.
    Any quotes or link's to these seeing as they too are long term forecasting themselves if they are expecting an average winter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I'm expecting Santy this winter. He didnt visit last year.

Expect nothing good and seasons austerity to everyone this winter.

mcriot29 wrote: »
    The git

There be people on this forum and all they ever do is post links to Vogan videos on Youtube as if that means that snow is on the way...the gits!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

217535.png

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Any word from the Postman yet on his Winter predictions? Anyone have a link if he has one.

Lol I missed that spelling error.:o

Well it was twenty minutes passed midnight.:D
    Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I do too, that is GREAT news. :)
    Speak for yourself I love the cold weather. Anyway this summer is one of the best for me just like last year nice and cool. I hope they are all like that for now on.:p
    Any word from the Postman yet on his Winter predictions? Anyone have a link if he has one.

He didn't make his prediction until October last year so we have a while to wait. I hope for cold and snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Baibin Sneachta

Lol Su. I remember someone asked him last year how freezing rain was formed. He replied " its snow that turns to rain and re-freezes before it gets a chance to turn back in to snow" :confused: snow joke ! :D:D:D:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Baibin Sneachta

As for Mr Postie wheres this heatwave starting the 20th August :rolleyes:
    http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/2012/08/18/basis18/euro/prec/12082512_1818.gif
    :D:D:D Stick with An Post :D:D:D :P :P

ACCU has released their forecast for Winter in the US. Looks good if we can only keep that NAO neg...
    http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/snow-for-i-95-corridor-northeast-winter/69820

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

SO ... who wants to guess when we'll see the first sub 0 º C 850 temps come back on the charts? :)

218091.png

Iancar29 wrote: »
    SO ... who wants to guess when we'll see the first sub 0 º C 850 temps come back on the charts? :)

218091.png

What does this mean for the chart illiterate people such as myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

What does this mean for the chart illiterate people such as myself?

850 hPa level is roughly at 1.5 km, usually above the atmospheric boundary layer. That means there is no diurnal temperature variation, and the underlying surface such as cool sea doesn't affect it's temperature.

There's more detailed info in the sticky here http://http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056447334?page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

I expect a mild Winter this year but you dont always get what you expect.

Basically if push came to shove Id say

December Mild
    January Mild
    February Cooler

No Christmas 2010 episodes anyways

Its too far away to predict though and a lot can change but I expect parts of Europe and US to get a very cold Winter coz of the warm Summer to balance their climates.

Our Summer hasnt been very warm apart from August and even that has been wet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Ive being watching the CFS daily charts and looking at the trends, I would expect a cold November and December and Jan and Feb to be around average to mild

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement