Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter/Spring 2013 (Model Output Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

srmambo wrote: »
    Weathergossip state that the month of November will be a mild and wet month.

http://autumnireland2012.blogspot.ie/
    Makes me laugh the way they state nov will be a mild month like its fact, we can no predict oct1st never mind all of nov,
    I see the postman sells herb books now maybe that explains his forecasts too much grass

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

If the summer forecast is anything to go by I wouldn't be putting much faith in the Autumn prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Never heard at them at all and to be honest I don't take any long forecasts even slightly seriously without any legitimit scientific information to back it up! :rolleyes:

I'll just enjoy my CFS dreaming ... Can't post charts ATM as im on phone but November looks nice still :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Weathergossip is run by regular poster pauldry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Id happily endorse a ban in mentioning for this winter after all the drivel they provided us with last year :

Mark Voghan , Piers, James Madden to name but a few :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/sep/14/arctic-sea-ice-harsh-winter-europe
    Another article I found :L theres alot of them floating around this year !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

IrishGurll wrote: »
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012/sep/14/arctic-sea-ice-harsh-winter-europe
    Another article I found :L theres alot of them floating around this year !

This was posted here the other day.

I'm ignoring this thread as it's gone ridiculous at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

well sorry if I offended u , but I did not realise that it was already posted Kkk !

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

mcriot29 wrote: »
    I hear the weather postman said it will be a normal winter this year no signs of any deep freeze

Ahh yes, sure wasn't it about this time last year he was going on about frogs and plant pots and impending harsh winter..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

Not wrote: »
    Ahh yes, sure wasn't it about this time last year he was going on about frogs and plant pots and impending harsh winter..?

In fairness to him (and don't get me wrong, his unscientific approach is hokum) I'm pretty sure he predicted the mild winter we got last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I hear the weather postman said it will be a normal winter this year no signs of any deep freeze

Where did you hear this from?

I remember his winter 2011 post

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2011/10/19/michael-puts-the-freeze-on-a-white-winter-and-arctic-like-conditions/

That was posted last October so I would be surprised if he is saying anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

A well that's that then :( :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

srocliffe wrote: »
    In fairness to him (and don't get me wrong, his unscientific approach is hokum) I'm pretty sure he predicted the mild winter we got last year

Err, actually you are right, just managed to find the reference in last years posts, the frog was predicting storms two days in advance, and the postman was indeed predicting a mild winter, two months in advance. The flower pot refused to comment. Complex plot. I wonder who is first in line for the movie rights ?

So, looks like I wont be needing my snow shovel this year.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'd say this time next week we'd be struggling to reach double digits in some places during the day. Bit of recovery after that before another potential downfall in early October.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

jimmy.d wrote: »

That guy is talking about exact dates for snow, wind etc in individual parts of the UK.... in March 2013.

Absolutely bananas. A whole new level of craziness.

See ye lads in October. I'm bailin out.

bailouthf9e.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

jimmy.d wrote: »

careful-now.jpg
    That guy is talking about exact dates for snow, wind etc in individual parts of the UK.... in March 2013.

Absolutely bananas. A whole new level of craziness.

See ye lads in October. I'm bailin out.

bailouthf9e.gif

Good on ya, youll break my fall so!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Fúck 'em! :D:D:D

he was one of the very few who correctly predicted an extremely boring mild winter last year, he got the severe winter of 2010 correct as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

As least it is different than last years September. I recorded 8C this morning. It was 12c this time last year. These are temperatures I recorded at 7am.

It was 10C on the 17th September.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Baibin Sneachta

Can quote what they like it doesnt matter lol. look at there summer forecast underneath it lol ;);):D:D:p:p nothing to worry bout for now peeps :pac::pac:
    ((Summer 2012 is going to be a warm one in Ireland with a lot of sunshine and high temperatures.))) raff raff raff :P:P:P:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

i'll have no choice but to come back to Ireland

You better come back Mr. Mayo, because I'm still waiting on those few bags of snow you promised me a few years back! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Caff Caff

6c this morning in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

It's gone mad in here. Do ye want to close thread for a few weeks. Thumbs up if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lucreto wrote: »
    As least it is different than last years September. I recorded 8C this morning. It was 12c this time last year. These are temperatures I recorded at 7am.

It was 10C on the 17th September.

Was thinking that I don't remember it being this cold this time last year! Not that that means anything of course....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭rickdangerouss

Redsunset wrote: »
    It's gone mad in here. Do ye want to close thread for a few weeks. Thumbs up if so.

Bump. Repeating the same posts and in the same way. It will, It wont be this or that..

Close this thread till week before November.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Why would we close this one !

Where would we go for a release !!!! :pac:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Close it and half a dozen others will open up (or it will snow! :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I don't understand why we would close it - there's nothing happening at the moment so people are just trying to keep the excitement alive for all the winter enthusiasts out there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭only one

Thundersnow in Waterford at the moment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement