Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to School Clothing & Footwear Allowance 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

did anyone that got the txt on the 16/7 get payment yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

yeah exactly just though hope before 31st aug my daughter back to school thenand date dates keepws getting nearer and no uniform or books

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hippy_hi

I got my text on 13jul and received my payment last Friday, 10th august...was waiting all week, so glad to have received it.

Got my letter the same day the payment was in my bank and all. Best of luck to everyone still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mindybutt1

hippy_hi wrote: »
    I got my text on 13jul and received my payment last Friday, 10th august...was waiting all week, so glad to have received it.

Got my letter the same day the payment was in my bank and all. Best of luck to everyone still waiting
    Up first thing this morning to check the bank and nothing wasted 14 euro credit yesterday on hold to them all I want is a simple yes or no

nothing in bank hope i get it sooonnn:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Tantan1305

Does anyone know what date they are on now, I got my text 18/07 starting to give up hope at this stage:(

hi i rang this morning and asked to speak to a supervisor, she tok my number and said i would hear back this evening or first thing tomorrow, ill keep ye updated so fingers crossed :-)

mindybutt1 wrote: »
    hi i rang this morning and asked to speak to a supervisor, she tok my number and said i would hear back this evening or first thing tomorrow, ill keep ye updated so fingers crossed :-)
    Got a call to say they hadnt looked at my application yet but would look at it tomorrow and I would hear by next week ;-) but it looked like I was over ;-( ;-( :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

They are working on applications received 18/7 today, mine was received 16/7 but got a letter today saying I didnt enclose a payslip. I am on a Ce scheme, paid weekly, and doing 15 hours a week in the same company, paid fortnightly. I enclosed both my weekly and my fortnightly slips, and marked on the form that one was weekly, one fortnightly-done through Sage so all marked on it anyway. Seems I didnt enclose the payslip for the fortnightly pay, as I get paid half a week:rolleyes: Rang as soon as I came n from work but it was 4.57 so they finish at 5, nobody was there to speak to me about it, have to ring tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Got confirmation letter today,said money would be in 7 days ,but checked account its already in.
    got My text 16th July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 peadarfrink

Tantan1305 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what date they are on now, I got my text 18/07 starting to give up hope at this stage:(

They're processing claims received on July 18th - see http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/SupplementaryWelfareAllowance/Pages/WeeklyUpdate_BTSCFA.aspx

There's also a link to this page in the Useful Links box on their home page.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

I got my text on the 18th of July and the money was in my account this morning and a letter also arrived today to say I was approved. I hope this helps.

Rang today and the recorded message said they are working on 18/07

• Registered Users Posts: 36 babsrose

Just checked the update on welfare.ie it says they are now working on claims received 19th july. I got my text on the 18th and havent heard anything yet ! has anyone who got the text the 18th got a payment ? Thanks

I got my text on the 18th July. I just rang them there and I was awarded it on the 20th with a payment date of 22nd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi i got my txt 16/7 and got payment 2day..my application got mixed up so i late getting payment a young girl rang me yesterday to explain what happened..she was sooo nice.it great to have it.. to all those still waiting il keep my fingers crossed for you

copied this off the welfare site

The unit is currently processing claims which were received on July 20th. Payment in respect of these claims will issue on a daily basis, so it is expected that the majority of customers will receive their payment within four weeks of applying.

Hi got my letter today ! got my text on 18th of july. Payment should be in PO tomorrow !

babsrose wrote: »
    Hi got my letter today ! got my text on 18th of july. Payment should be in PO tomorrow !
    thats brilliant my date 20th so hopefully 2wks or more 4 me b4 school i hope

any1s date 20th got any updates

• Advertisement

just to tell i got my text 20th got letter this morning moneys in bank aswell good luck to everyone still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Apologies for asking, I'm just inquisitive......may I ask how much this particular benefit amounts to? Thanks.

gebbel wrote: »
    Apologies for asking, I'm just inquisitive......may I ask how much this particular benefit amounts to? Thanks.

yeah no problem its-

150 euro age 4-11
    250 euro age 12-22

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lukep13

Hi

My partner/ NOT CHILD is starting University in September, she is 22 yrs old would she be eligible for the Allowance?!

I find it akward that 18-22 yr are considered children?!:confused:

lukep13 wrote: »
    Hi

My partner/ NOT CHILD is starting University in September, she is 22 yrs old would she be eligible for the Allowance?!

i know but thats what they say!! wouldnt harm to find out info go www.welfare.ie and see or the number is 1890662244

hollster2 wrote: »
    just to tell i got my text 20th got letter this morning moneys in bank aswell good luck to everyone still waiting

Thats great delighted for you !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

lukep13 wrote: »
    Hi

You are her partner not her parent. This allowance is paid to parents not spouses or partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 trisha163

hi i didnt get my text till July 30th even though they would have received the forms on July 23rd and idea when my payment will be paid out. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 moll85

Hi my letter was 18th July and didn't get payment! Is anyone with this date the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 peadarfrink

They're now processing applications received on July 31st - See http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/SupplementaryWelfareAllowance/Pages/WeeklyUpdate_BTSCFA.aspx

Advertisement