Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to School Clothing & Footwear Allowance 2012

Options
  • 08-06-2012 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭

Just in case anyone needs the form for this year, its available from today:

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Forms/Documents/BSCFA.pdf
    Or text "Form BTSCFA" followed by your name and address to 51909 (Republic of Ireland only). Standard text rates apply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Just in case anyone needs the form for this year, its available from today:

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Forms/Documents/BSCFA.pdf
    anyone know what week the payment is been payed?

last year it was the week of 27th june 2011

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

has anyone text 51909 as it keeps saying failed on delivery report

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

jjll wrote: »
    has anyone text 51909 as it keeps saying failed on delivery report
    Ring your local CIC and ask them to send you out a form.
    http://centres.citizensinformation.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 29 im a believer

oh my god here we go again, lets hope it wont be the same as last year, what a nightmare for some people!! get in early is my advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My sister got the payment in October, she applied in July.

Every year she was told a form will be sent automatically or the payment will be made automatically, this is never right.

So this year she applied TODAY!

By the way, she went to the welfare office yesterday for a form, they said they didnt think they would be getting any. It prints off fine from the link, if you have a printer available. MAybe if you called the CIC, they could print it off and have it ready for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭sexymama

This is the first year that I have had to apply for this allowance.
    I printed off the form this morning and have it posted already.

SM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I enquired about this years payment and was told the same as whats on the website :
    If you received this payment last year and your circumstances have not changed you should receive a letter by 20 June 2012 stating when and how your allowance will be paid. If you haven’t received a notification letter by 20 June and are eligible for the allowance, you should make an application. Application forms will be available on 8 June 2012 in all social welfare offices and online at welfare.ie. You can also request a form by SMS (text message).

If you do not receive an automatic payment you must apply for the Allowance. Applications must be received before the end of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Does the payment go into the same A/c as the Children's Benefit? or will I have to inform them of my new banking details, I have changed back accounts since last year and can't remember which account it was paid into.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

From the FAQ:

Automatic payments will be available by the same method of payment as your weekly payment. If you complete an application form, you can choose between being paid at your Post Office or into your bank account.

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/SupplementaryWelfareAllowance/Pages/BTSCFA_FAQ_2012.aspx

Automatic payments will issue in week commencing 16th July 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Karen23 wrote: »

how you find that info out????????????

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

It's on the FAQ link I have posted previously on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Marley13

The rates of payment are €150.00 for children between the age of 4 and 11 years and €250.00 for children between 12 and 22 years.

My friend got this for her 3 year old last year. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Marley13 wrote: »
    The rates of payment are €150.00 for children between the age of 4 and 11 years and €250.00 for children between 12 and 22 years.

it use to cover 3 & up not any more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Vohnsom Hofmee

Marley13 wrote: »
    They upped the age limits and lowered the rates from 2011.

2011:
    The allowance paid for each eligible child aged 2-11 on or before 30 September 2011 is €200.
    The allowance paid for each eligible child aged 12-22 on or before 30 September 2011 is €305.

2012:
    The allowance paid for each eligible child aged 4-11 on or before 30 September 2012 is €150.
    The allowance paid for each eligible child aged 12-22 on or before 30 September 2012 is €250.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

we got 700 last year they dropped it by nearly 200 this year:mad:

It says this on the FAQ but a neighbour told me today that she received hers on Thursday so I'm presuming they gave this date to allow themselves time to process the payments before people started to ring up and wonder when they would receive it.

Payment will commence week starting 16 July. If you do not receive by June 20th a letter informing you that you have been granted the payment, you should complete the form and send it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

It says this on the FAQ but a neighbour told me today that she received hers on Thursday so I'm presuming they gave this date to allow themselves time to process the payments before people started to ring up and wonder when they would receive it.
    can anyone else confirm this?
    I'm a bit surprised as there hasn't been anyone else commenting about getting the payment

lisar816 wrote: »
    can anyone else confirm this?
    I'm a bit surprised as there hasn't been anyone else commenting about getting the payment

I can assure you lisar816 that the payments will not be made until the week starting 16 July. the poster's neighbour has possibly received a letter, last thursday, informing her that she will qaulify for the payment. if you do not recieve a similar letter by June 20th, you should complete the application form and return it.

• Advertisement

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    I can assure you lisar816 that the payments will not be made until the week starting 16 July. the poster's neighbour has possibly received a letter, last thursday, informing her that she will qaulify for the payment. if you do not recieve a similar letter by June 20th, you should complete the application form and return it.

She did say she recieved the payment , so she's either telling porkies or she confused it with the Childrens allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭angel_wings

Like the title says, I was just wondering if any of you know when we will receive the BTSA payment?
    Unfortunatley this is our second yr receiving this payment so I know we dont have to reapply our application will automatically be processed but I cant remember how early in June we received it last year! I have the booklists and the books ready in the shop to pay for (organised I know but just wanna get it all done and then i can relax about money) so anxious to get the money :o

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

Like the title says, I was just wondering if any of you know when we will receive the BTSA payment?
    Unfortunatley this is our second yr receiving this payment so I know we dont have to reapply our application will automatically be processed but I cant remember how early in June we received it last year! I have the booklists and the books ready in the shop to pay for (organised I know but just wanna get it all done and then i can relax about money) so anxious to get the money :o

Welfare.ie states payment will be made week beginning 16th July this year.

Has anyone else received payment yet? Karen23 are u sure ur neighbour received the money and not the letter!
    I do remember last yr our letter said payment wud b ready for us the 1st wk of July in the post office but we actually got it the following day which was the end of June. So as someone said before, maybe they set a date in July to give them a chance to set payments up!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

has anyone recieved the letter yet??

Doesn't seem so! If we don't receive it next week (20th) it means for one reason or another ur claim isn't automatically being processed and u have to apply!!!
    I had better get a letter in the post :(

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

my dh is on jobseekers since jan11 but coz of a glich in the system last year we had to apply,ive been watching the post but coz of how late i actully got tne payment last year,ive a form gone back since wednesday

Has anyone else received payment yet? Karen23 are u sure ur neighbour received the money and not the letter!
    I do remember last yr our letter said payment wud b ready for us the 1st wk of July in the post office but we actually got it the following day which was the end of June. So as someone said before, maybe they set a date in July to give them a chance to set payments up!!!!

The girl in the post office told me its being paid by area and that Blanchardstown received theirs , my neighbour said it wasn't her that got it but her sister and she lives in Blanchardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

I haven't received any letter yet and I have been eligable for the payment for the last few years, I'm thinking that I'll apply anyways?!

Has anyone gotten a letter yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

No letter yet and I am eligible.
    Received it automatically last year.

Advertisement