Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scariest movie you've ever seen?

Options
  • 05-06-2012 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

For me its probably this spanish film Darkness which was about these demons that come out when its dark and do bad things. Now I have to admit I'm phobic of the dark (I need to have the lights on when I'm alone in the house), so the movie just added to it...

I don't really find slasher or psycho movies scary though. I like reading up on serial killers and like gore and torture doesn't really scare me. Its more of the spooky, occulty, deamony stuff that keeps me up at night!

So what is yours?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Martyrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Not so much scary but I thought Session 9 was a bit mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

THe orphanage. (I think that's it)
    Really creepy Spanish movie, the end had me shaking and crying at the same time.

I watched a movie called someone is watching, in America years ago. I was on my own in the house and I was only 15....so scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

So the only stuff that scares you, is the stuff which could never possibly happen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Links234 wrote: »
    Martyrs.

That was more disturbing than scary (great movie though...especially the end bit...y'know....eugh!).

My two would be Grave Encounters (terribly cliché'd but there are a few good scares in it) and The Tunnel Movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Anything with Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Anniston or Owen Wilson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

'The Queen', 2006 film...wouldn't recommend it after 1am, scare the sh1t out of ya...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

"A Serbian Film". Not exactly scary, but just twisted. Really, really twisted.

Inb4 The Grifter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Honestly, I have yet to watch a scary movie.
    There's been a fair few that are disturbing, but none that have actually scared me.
    The slasher/gore movies don't scare me - can't understand how they could scare anyone.
    And the movies about demons or strange creatures etc... well they're just not realistic enough to be scary.
    The best ones are the psychological thrillers I think.
    I'd love to find an actual scary movie though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Eraserhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Forgive me for being a wuss, but Paranormal Activity 3 in the cinema scared the ****e outta me! especially when your one jumped outta the closet with the mask on.....what a bitch..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Lake Mungo - seriously unsettling Australian film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Marty Whelan's sex tape

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

2 girls 1 cup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

[Rec]

I was fine the whole way through but the ending scared the **** out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

the Shining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Can't really seperate these, [Rec], ILS (them), Eden Lake - probably more just can't think of any atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Honestly, I have yet to watch a scary movie

it's not even that scary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

When I was a child I used to be afraid of those horror films where nothing happens for ages and then suddenly there's a loud noise or something jumps out of the darkness. After a while they lost their edge though. It's the same nonsense the whole time - nothing happens for twenty minutes, then a cat jumps out and scares you. Just when you've calmed down and start thinking "it was just a cat" Freddy Krueger or Jason or whoever appears and rips someones heart out.

I can't remember the last time I was scared by one of these films. I think it might have been the Amityville Horror, but I think the roof of the house scared me more than anything.

I saw Paranormal Activity a couple of years ago and it was similar to eighties horror films in that it tried to be scary by first being boring. Nothing happened for ages then a frying pan would fall down. How terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

The ledgend of Hell House (1973) was pretty scary though it got average reviews. Its a purists film no CGI or much special effects of any sort really but creates a fairly unerving and sinister atmosphere and definately creepy if you watch it on your own at night. Its worth a look if your willing to overlook its low budget and old scool style.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Nil by Mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

i saw event horizon when i was small that freaked the shíte out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

I watched "The woman in black" recently and i found it quite scary and i would consider myself hard to scare for the most part. It was definitely the scariest film i have seen in a long while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Ishmael wrote: »
    I watched "The woman in black" recently and i found it quite scary and i would consider myself hard to scare for the most part. It was definitely the scariest film i have seen in a long while.

Think I'll watch that later....was avoiding it because harry potters in it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Poor old Daniel Radcliffe...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Anti-Christ is the only film to disturb me enough to be scary.

It was scary in the sense the people can actually do some crazy things when their brains starts to go and they suffer from mental illnesses.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0870984/

not to be watched on a first date !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Event Horizon

A Requiem for a Dream

[Rec]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

The English Patient.

All I could do was sit there, in total terror, and imagine a world where all movies were that ****ing boring.

Advertisement