Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

was really hyped about this game last year
    then this year from e3 onwards
    it just looks worse and worse, graphics, gameplay, even animations
    it just looks boring now :( hopefully im wrong and it turns out great but il be giving this a miss until christmas to see how reviews go

also the multiplayer seems weird, is that all their is, just hacking someone else? i thought their would be some open world element to it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I think it still looks very promising, but this one has grabbed my interest more so lately:

Similar, but looks to be more online orientated?

That's the kind of game that might draw me back to teaming up with buds to play. Looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I think it still looks very promising, but this one has grabbed my interest more so lately:

Similar, but looks to be more online orientated?

That's the kind of game that might draw me back to teaming up with buds to play. Looks amazing.

That looks pretty good actually, lot better than watchdogs which hasn't shown anything interesting. Watchdogs seems like the kind of game that would get boring pretty fast with all those facility take-overs you have to do, typical of ubisoft when they get back into their assassins creed mode. However, an open world 3rd person online RPG sounds great because I don't think they could slip in their bull**** even if they wanted to.

I just read the wiki for The Division... it looks like they had to be hounded in order to justify making a PC version of the game. They were seriously going to leave out the one platform that would use the game to its full potential... what is wrong with companies these days.

But still, the game is being designed with next generation consoles in mind speficially... so... with years old hardware in mind and some new gimmicky controls. It'll be bad if they basically make the Ps4/Xbone version first and then 'port' that to the PC version. Typically horrendous results with that in the past. A console based UI on PC is always ****.

That looks pretty good actually, lot better than watchdogs which hasn't shown anything interesting. Watchdogs seems like the kind of game that would get boring pretty fast with all those facility take-overs you have to do, typical of ubisoft when they get back into their assassins creed mode. However, an open world 3rd person online RPG sounds great because I don't think they could slip in their bull**** even if they wanted to.

I just read the wiki for The Division... it looks like they had to be hounded in order to justify making a PC version of the game. They were seriously going to leave out the one platform that would use the game to its full potential... what is wrong with companies these days.

But still, the game is being designed with next generation consoles in mind speficially... so... with years old hardware in mind and some new gimmicky controls. It'll be bad if they basically make the Ps4/Xbone version first and then 'port' that to the PC version. Typically horrendous results with that in the past. A console based UI on PC is always ****.

they have already said their building it from the ground up for pc

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    they have already said their building it from the ground up for pc

Ah right, didn't say that on the wiki.
    Wiki wrote:
    The Division was originally being developed as an eighth generation consoles exclusive.[3] However, shortly after the game's unveiling, Ubisoft released the following statement on the game's official Twitter account:

[...] We are optimizing the experience for next gen consoles. However, we are not ruling out any platforms for the future.[4]

Ubisoft however asks PC gamers to show interest in the game by signing petitions, and then they'll decide.[5][6]

On August 20, 2013 Ubisoft announced that the game would be released for PC on Microsoft Windows as a result of the "vocal and passionate PC community."[7]

Wiki gave the impression they were reluctant to optimise anything for the PC.

• Advertisement

Ah right, didn't say that on the wiki.

Wiki gave the impression they were reluctant to optimise anything for the PC.

i think they announced it in the announcement video for the pc :)
    il try find it, was either that or another interview that was given, but if all else fails
    check the ubisoft forum website and go to the division area, its definitly mentioned their

dont think this game would be great ported from the consoles over, they never turn out anywere decent then
    but i think they said they have a seperate team building it from the ground up for the pc version, definitly not porting over anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

^ What a terrible, uninformed article with retarded comments.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

^ What a terrible, uninformed article with retarded comments.

LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭corroonb

I was excited by Watch Dogs but as it has gotten closer and closer to release, I find the lack of public demos to be very suspicious. It hasn't been playable at any of the recent game shows despite being pretty much complete at this point. The first Assassin's Creed was pretty bad and I can see Watch Dogs being poor too. It will probably sell very well though due to Ubisoft's marketing, it's a pity they couldn't have put that kind of effort into marketing Rayman Legends or ZombiU. I hope I'm wrong but I have no real hopes for this game anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Interesting article from Ubi, apparently Watch Dogs looks best on Wii U over the 360 and PS3 versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Following is a statement directly from the Watch_Dogs development teams.

Our ambition from the start with Watch_Dogs has been to deliver something that embodies what we wanted to see in the next-generation of gaming. It is with this in mind that we’ve made the tough decision to delay the release until Spring 2014.

We know a lot of you are probably wondering ‘why now?’ We struggled with whether we would delay the game. But from the beginning, we have adopted the attitude that we will not compromise on quality. As we got closer to release, as all the pieces of the puzzle were falling into place in our last push before completion, it became clear to us that we needed to take the extra time to polish and fine tune every detail so we can deliver a truly memorable and exceptional experience.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you. We thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the way you respond on the web, at events, press conferences and during other opportunities we have to interact. Your passion is what drives us.

We can’t wait to see you in Chicago next Spring. We are confident you’ll love this game as much as we love working on it.

http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-delay/

:(:mad:

Was really looking forward to this on PS4. Probably for the best though as the E3 Demo felt lacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

This has just added about 4 hours to my work day. Cheers Ubisoft. Grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Excuse me while I run to change my Xbox One preorder!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not surprised, they've been showing the same stuff little section for the last year with very little new. This adds another headache for pre-orders now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Disappointed but I'm also glad the game won't be shipped bug-ridden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Feel the same, does free up €60 for me on launch though. Hmm what other game will i buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

To be fair to Ubisoft, this is what gamers cry out for when they get a game and it's not up to expectations, or full of bugs, in why was it realeased sub standard?

If they are not happy with the game, how can they expect customers to be? I'd rather wait for a more polished game than shell out for a bug ridden, frustrating mess.

• Advertisement

Someone's definitely going to get fired over this. At a month to launch it's likely this is going to cost Ubisoft lots and lots of money.

From a professional standpoint, it's completely rogered my work week. We had a huge WD promotion on the cover of a launch issue of a major new magazine in North America, and now we've no idea if it's still alive or not. I'm looking at pulling in 10-12 pages of replacement content 48 hours before printing. Urgh.

To be fair to Ubisoft, this is what gamers cry out for when they get a game and it's not up to expectations, or full of bugs, in why was it realeased sub standard?

How do you not know that your game is broken a month before launch though? This is obviously something they'll have known about for months. Pulling it now is baffling

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yes. We'll forget delays but not if the game sucks! So are they releasing this on the next gen platforms aswell or holding off for the time being?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'd say they just know something is lacking. All the gameplay vids to date have looked great but the game is missing something I can't describe, a soul maybe, it just comes across as a bit bland. I hope it now get the polish it deserves. I always had a feeling this would miss the launch date for next gen and was amazed at Sony's bundle with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

COYVB wrote: »
    How do you not know that your game is broken a month before launch though? This is obviously something they'll have known about for months. Pulling it now is baffling

A month before launch most games are broken as all hell. They never really come together until right before launch. I'm pretty sure the project managers looked at how much bug fixing needed to be done saw it was too much and delayed it. Happens all the time and games are better off for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Yes. We'll forget delays but not if the game sucks! So are they releasing this on the next gen platforms aswell or holding off for the time being?

It was due to be released on everything, 360, PS3, X1, PS4 and PC. But all versions are now on hold. I though just the next gen versions would be delayed but all are now.

jaykhunter wrote: »

all formats pulled til q2

the crew was also delayed for anyone who was looking forward to that

ironically, we also had that in the mag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

COYVB wrote: »

It sounds like it wasn't a decision taken easily. They would have to weigh up the financial hit they will take against the potential lift they could get with a hugely improved gave later down the line.

It's obviously a title they feel that can go a long way, and they want to give it the best start possible.

And the end of the day it's Ubisoft taking the biggest hit over the delay.

• Advertisement

Q2 is a good time for a new IP, particularly one on new consoles - it's going to absolute decimate sales on the current gen though

Advertisement