Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Bakery

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Found the pretzl too salty..
    He small rolls are nice and the donuts..... Donuts.. Yummmmm:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭4umbrellas

Not a pretzl fan, but the rolls are definitely great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

lovely stuff, just had a donut with my coffee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Boskowski wrote: »
    What nicol said. Just never saw a deep fat fryer in lidl.
    But to tell you the truth I didn't actually think that's how they were made. :o
    Deep fried. That's disgusting.

Heres how they are made ,

they are par fried then frozen and sent to the shops where they are baked for a few minutes more.

I work in a Tesco Bakery and alot of the products are exactly the same, all the small 39 sent rolls are panelto products .

The small baguettes are all CDF . The only thing different is the ambient loafs ( par baked , and then packaged and the finished in store )

On the case of hygiene , you guys wont believe the amount of times id love to give out to people ( mostly parents of kids ) judging nearly every single roll , we have ( in our store anyway) lots of tongs and gloves visible all the time .

One reason why tesco bakery products are dearer is all the cost of packaging and wrapping ... which for hygiene reasons i think its worth the dearer price, knowing customers haven't being monching the rolls with there hands... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭acon2119

Has anyone else noticed that Lidl pastries are about half the size now than the size they were when Lidl started the instore bakeries. Massive difference in size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭chooey

Yeah I noticed that they're much smaller too, especially their Danish pastries and pain au chocolates

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Found the pretzl too salty..
    He small rolls are nice and the donuts..... Donuts.. Yummmmm:)

I realise this post is from some months ago but I don't go to Lidl all that often and whenever I do I make a beeline for the pretzels. Lately however it seems they've stopped putting the salt on them and I can't be bothered, it's just not the same. This is in Limerick, is it the same countrywide??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

I realise this post is from some months ago but I don't go to Lidl all that often and whenever I do I make a beeline for the pretzels. Lately however it seems they've stopped putting the salt on them and I can't be bothered, it's just not the same. This is in Limerick, is it the same countrywide??
    you cant have the pretzels without the salt

to show how important that is, the Hofbrauhaus opened a branch in las vegas and imported german ovens and everything specifically to get the pretzels right, and then it turned out that american coarse salt isnt the same so they had to courier bags of salt from Munich in order to have the pretzels done properly.
    The owner was half thinking of postponing the openeing as his pretzels werent right!

I would hope that its not a nationwide thing. The pretzels normally come frozen without salt and you have to add the salt then before whackng it in the oven, so youd just presume that they have a clueless member of staff or the salt ran out.

Advertisement