Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Bakery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Damokc wrote: »
    Their apple turnovers are sex!

If you saw that auld one pawing them... :eek::eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

After doing the licking fingers thing to get the opening in the bag. :)

Feck it, I still eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

love the Pretzels...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

where do you shop now?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

ntlbell wrote: »
    where do you shop now?

Here, there and everywhere.

I haven't bought any of the fresh bakery products in Lidl since that day!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Here, there and everywhere.

I haven't bought any of the fresh bakery products in Lidl since that day!!

Ah, I thought you found a shop where "aul wans" don't maul the products.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Sourdough is a yeast bread.

If you mean that there is a combination of yeast and Lactobacillus bacteria in sourdough, that is technically correct. But sourdough is definitely not a yeast bread (bread made solely with yeast)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

I'll take the mass-produced sourdough over anything cuisine-de-france/ala-tesco any day!

Brother. I've been buying the pumpkin seed & rye sourdough every week for about a year now and still haven't got sick of it.

It keeps for ages - or would if it wasn't so gorgeous.

It's fantastic with hard cheese or ham (Lidl Glensallagh carved ham is great, by the way).

Also, toasted with butter and honey. Yum, yum.

Think I'll have a slice now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Twice in the last two weeks my local Lidl have had no Pretzels :mad:

Also, I did see the dreaded fly on a multiseed roll yesterday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

love the croissants they have and the chocolate filled croissants too..love them,all the breads there are fresh,i especially love the polish breads they did some time back..really lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

hardCopy wrote: »

Also, I did see the dreaded fly on a multiseed roll yesterday.

Local Lidl hasnt had pretzels for a few weeks now and the price sign is gone from the display area also. Does anyone know if they've stopped selling them all over or just my local?

They did seem to be selling well so dont know why they're gone

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rf1980

Lidl Bakerys are great value to be fair. Good price and always fairly fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

UDP wrote: »
    Why can't lidl cover the bakery items? Thats the only thing stopping me purchasing them. All sorts of bacteria is being thrown into the air in the shops without any protection for the bakery items.
    in other countries they do so i dont know why they dont here
    these ones its ony possible to take one at a time too, so no mauling and no flies.
    http://www.abzonline.de/fokus/Boom-mit-Backstationen,7069290041.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ivorsflutter

Don't get the buzz around the Lidl bread at all, it's the weight of a brick and doesn't have a nice crust. I think we need more proper bakeries where bread is baked fresh daily not mass produced from a premix with a load of crap in it to swell the bread.

Doesn't really bother me re the packaging I think theres enough packaging on everything as it is, nice to see a proper bread display. Paris Bakery and the Green Door bakery do proper continental and Irish breads, well worth the trip to either although the Paris bakery can be pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

adamski8 wrote: »
    in other countries they do so i dont know why they dont here
    these ones its ony possible to take one at a time too, so no mauling and no flies.
    http://www.abzonline.de/fokus/Boom-mit-Backstationen,7069290041.html
    I contacted their customer services department and they said they would pass it onto the sales department but dont know if it will be passed on or looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 leannejoshua

lidl bakery is great ! love th apple turnovers !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Have tried a couple of lidl breads and have been unimpressed. Their apple turnovers are mank. What lidl do you guys go to?

Doesn't really matter though, I haven't been able to get the image of that oul wan out of my head since I read that post, it's haunted every post in this thread since. Gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I like the complimentary sugar coated donuts. Nice treat when I'm wheelin around the trolley ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

love the Pretzels...
    cargo wrote: »
    Local Lidl hasnt had pretzels for a few weeks now and the price sign is gone from the display area also. Does anyone know if they've stopped selling them all over or just my local?

They did seem to be selling well so dont know why they're gone

Has anybody had any confirmation that the Pretzels are gone?

Them and the pumpkin seed loaf / rolls were our favourite.

Going in just for Pretzels always lead us to buy other items. One less reason for us to go elsewhere.

C'mon Lidl, reverse your decision and bring back the Pretzels

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I don't think they have the same selection down here as there is in Dublin. I love the cheese twists. You could only eat one but they're lovely. Scones are alright, pretty cheap though. Havent tried anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I still miss the pretzels but recently tried the cheese and onion rolls, savage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Heard some good reiews of the food in the bakery but I went in and saw a fly on one of the doughnuts and that just put me off straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

why did stop they doing the pretzels they were lovely and seemed to be selling :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

They've started selling the artisan rye again. I hadn't seen it for about a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

I still miss the pretzels but recently tried the cheese and onion rolls, savage

The cheese and onion rolls are lovely and the multigrain ones are fab too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

We have gotten danish pastries, croissants, apple turnovers from there before and they were very nice but today was in there with my mum and there was a man and his children at the bakery and one of the kids just picked up a loaf of bread in his hands for a few seconds and then threw it back in the basket :eek: That kinda makes you think - how many people actually do that on a daily basis and what are you buying when you pick something up from there.

I think really the produce should be behind a glass counter and someone should be manning it so that there is no man handling of the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yeah, some places wrap them up. Tesco put donuts in bags or in clear containers sealed with the price label. Keeps them fresh too. If they do use bags its often the ones with millions of tiny holes. I always put bread in second bags when I get home, the holes just let air in and it goes stale quicker. I think they use these bags so they can wrap it while hot and it doesn't sweat in the bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

leahyl wrote: »
    We have gotten danish pastries, croissants, apple turnovers from there before and they were very nice but today was in there with my mum and there was a man and his children at the bakery and one of the kids just picked up a loaf of bread in his hands for a few seconds and then threw it back in the basket :eek: That kinda makes you think - how many people actually do that on a daily basis and what are you buying when you pick something up from there.

disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Heard the pretzels were back!! Labelled "Back for School" or something like that in my local but sold out :-) when my OH was in there yesterday. Will keep an eye out and update.... mmmmh salt I can taste it already......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

leahyl wrote: »

disgusting
    Reminds me once I saw a kid out with his mother in Tesco checking the freshness of the bread by stomping on it.

Mustn't have been up to it as his mother picked up a different loaf.

Advertisement