Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW ALBUMS (released within last month/30 days) Worth a Listen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭mosstin

Was at Low at Christchurch cathedral last night - wonderful - and walked away beguiled by GaeLynn Lea the support act. Christmas themed album - mostly instrumentals - released last month and available on her Bandcamp page.

New Pete Silberman album (singer from The Antlers) titled 'Impermanence' due late February. This is a track from it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

mosstin wrote: »
    Was at Low at Christchurch cathedral last night - wonderful - and walked away beguiled by GaeLynn Lea the support act. Christmas themed album - mostly instrumentals - released last month and available on her Bandcamp page.
    there's a loveliness about that version. Even in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

New Pete Silberman album (singer from The Antlers) titled 'Impermanence' due late February. This is a track from it.

Wow that's stunning, can't wait for the album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Absolutely beautiful - that album has just gone top of my most anticipated list.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Helmet

Just gave him a whirl, lovely stuff. Definite touches of Jeff Buckley about him, not a bad thing!
    Absolutely beautiful - that album has just gone top of my most anticipated list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

New Foxygen album is great. Takes a couple of listens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

priestsnothingfeelsnaturalunnamed-3.jpg

Priests - Nothing Feels Natural
    A mixture of spiky post-punk and riot grrrl aggression. All capped off by a fantastic vocalist.

Spotify

• Advertisement

Fourth track I believe from 'Pure Comedy'

Leaving LA - starts around the 1 minute mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I'm really enjoying Elbow's new album 'Little Fictions' at the minute.

Cloud Nothings record is pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Cloud Nothings record is pretty good too.
    I found it boring compared to their previous two albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

great album released late last year from Old Gray.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

New Sun Kil Moon album Common as Light and Love Are Red Valleys of Blood is out.

It's a double album that runs to 130 minutes in length. Should put a pep in your step.

Arghus wrote: »
    New Sun Kil Moon album Common as Light and Love Are Red Valleys of Blood is out.

It's a double album that runs to 130 minutes in length. Should put a pep in your step.

Complete and utter self-indulgent tripe of the highest order.

Surely not as indulgent as the latest animal collective offering:pac:

Whilst both the guardian and pitchfork slated animal collectives latest album they also smashed clap your hands say yeah the tourist.:eek:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/feb/23/clap-your-hands-say-yeah-the-tourist-review-wichita

But where his manic energy was once applied to buoyant pop, there is now a cluttered chaos, any prettiness scribbled out and made more complicated, distorted.

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/16/515000353/first-listen-clap-your-hands-say-yeah-the-tourist

The Tourist can get intense, even dark. But it also captures a sense of creative mischief — the sort of live-wire creativity that keeps music careers going longer than early skeptics could have imagined.

Ahh the subjectivity of music but I think its a very good album by any standards.

So you've listened to it, yes?

Arghus wrote: »
    So you've listened to it, yes?

I have indeed.

I have indeed.

It's not for you so I guess! No denying that it's an album that could do with a judicious trimming in length and can often feel overbearing, but I admire him for being so uncompromising and still think he's one of the most brutally honest and direct lyricists in modern music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Ahh the subjectivity of music but I think its a very good album by any standards.

Listening to it now for the first time and its really good.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Listening to it now for the first time and its really good.

Got a shock when I seen no tix on Ticketmaster or Wav for the September gig in Whelans.Their last gig in 2014 did sellout so I thought the worst but emailed whelans and got the link below back, I do not want to miss them !
    https://goo.gl/Z3SIjQ

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

2 new releases I'm really liking atm are:

Born Brief - Gypsies on the Autobahn
    Life Without Sound - Cloud Nothings

• Registered Users Posts: 13,627 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Got a shock when I seen no tix on Ticketmaster or Wav for the September gig in Whelans.Their last gig in 2014 did sellout so I thought the worst but emailed whelans and got the link below back, I do not want to miss them !
    https://goo.gl/Z3SIjQ

There doesn't appear to be a service charge on that. What gives?

Can you get most tickets on Seatadvisor at cost price (or is it a reseller like toutless)?!?

mrcheez wrote: »
    There doesn't appear to be a service charge on that. What gives?

Can you get most tickets on Seatadvisor at cost price (or is it a reseller like toutless)?!?

I do not know why there is no service charge. I also suspect this might end up being moved like car seat headrest to another venue(although I hope not!).
    I have not used seatadvisor but suspect its selling hard to get tickets at a inflated prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,627 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I do not know why there is no service charge. I also suspect this might end up being moved like car seat headrest to another venue(although I hope not!).
    I have not used seatadvisor but suspect its selling hard to get tickets at a inflated prices.

There do appear to be tickets on Ticketmaster, were you saying they were sold out before?

411037.jpg

Nice to save on service charges even though it's only €2.65. Anything to stick it to Ticketmaster.

mrcheez wrote: »
    There do appear to be tickets on Ticketmaster, were you saying they were sold out before?

411037.jpg

Nice to save on service charges even though it's only €2.65. Anything to stick it to Ticketmaster.

No,just not available when I did a search last week.

New Real Estate album recently released.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

New Spoon and Shins albums out.

• Advertisement

a0187219342_10.jpg

New Blanck Mass album World Eater.

Some great relentless stuff on there:

Advertisement