Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Oh how my life was so much more productive last year when I didn't play Fantasy Football.....

Must...

Stay....

Away............

ahgoon2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

When will leagues actually get set up on NFL.com?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Existing leagues are already set up. Only the new leagues (Div 7 I think is the only one?) have to be set up.

Existing leagues are already set up. Only the new leagues (Div 7 I think is the only one?) have to be set up.

6 and 7 need to be setup me thinks and both needs GMs me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

CoachTO wrote: »
    6 and 7 need to be setup me thinks and both needs GMs me thinks.

Maybe got lost in the thread, if commish needed for Division 6 would be happy to do it.
    Have organised a few myself over the years and doing one in the Madden forum too

• Advertisement

Maybe got lost in the thread, if commish needed for Division 6 would be happy to do it.
    Have organised a few myself over the years and doing one in the Madden forum too

Might as well go set one up so on NFL.com. The rules for the league are located in this thread or the charter. And then PM all the players on the list the details to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Might as well go set one up so on NFL.com. The rules for the league are located in this thread or the charter. And then PM all the players on the list the details to join.

Done, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Well just 7 days til the end of July and we are waiting on a few to confirm

Div 2: Donkeypokertour (Last Activity 7th July 2012)
    Div 2: Mrkr (Last Activity 9th May 2012)

Div 3: That_Guy (Last Activity 22nd July 2012)
    Div 3: SSK (Last Activity 25th May 2012)
    Div 3: Basillarkin (Last Activity Today)

Div 4: Syferus (Last activity Today & he's posted elsewhere on FF forum)
    Div 4: Exspensivewino (Last activity 9th January 2012)
    Div 4: Arod2000 (Last activity 9th February 2012)

I have also PM'ed these guys a week or so ago.

I'll post up a re-jigged division list once the deadline has passed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Seems good as is for this season. EE brought up a good point a couple of weeks ago but I do think it would be best serve to go into action for next season giving every member good notice of it and that is:

- All member must confirm their participation by posting on the Fantasy Football thread.

Right now it doesn't give this specific instruction so it would be bad form to lump it in now and catching out guys who have busy lives outside the world of the tinternet and who confirmed to other members on here.

Agree with this, EE was right in principle but hard to put into action midway through the process. The likelihood is that if they aren't active on here then they're not going to be all that active or bothered with the league over the course of the season - fair enough if you contact someone this year but at least it can be updated so that if someone turns around and says "hey, what did I get kicked out for?" then it's there for everyone to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Can I still sign up? How did I miss this?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Guffy

Can I still sign up? How did I miss this?!

Busy training for new season?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ARod2000

count me in.

gufc21 wrote: »
    Busy training for new season?

lol

So can I join in?

lol

So can I join in?

Spongey will add you to the list when he is back on.

Spongey will add you to the list when he is back on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

So is tonight our deadline then?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

For people to sign up who played before but newcomers can still sign up I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Aye, surprised at a couple of the unconfirmed posters. Could at least declare themselves out if they're not playing this year.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Aye, surprised at a couple of the unconfirmed posters. Could at least declare themselves out if they're not playing this year.

Agree there is a couple of them who are active on boards and 1 even posts in here and yet nothing from them as to their entry into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,604 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Agree there is a couple of them who are active on boards and 1 even posts in here and yet nothing from them as to their entry into it.
    Well I'd be less worried about them than somebody who hasn't logged on at all for ages tbh.
    I think this cutoff point is too early. I think it should be around the end of August. About 10 days before the first game of the regular season would be best I think.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well I'd be less worried about them than somebody who hasn't logged on at all for ages tbh.
    I think this cutoff point is too early. I think it should be around the end of August. About 10 days before the first game of the regular season would be best I think.

Well to be fair if they have posted on here and even confirmed for other leagues in the Fantasy section they have no excuse and bad manners in my mind.

But again changing the cut off point will have to be discussed as July 31st is in the charter so another thing that can be discussed for next season. But the reason the date was decided on something so early was to make sure there was enough room for error or someone messing about etc etc.

Personally I think 4 weeks before the the first game is grand. 10 days before the first game is pushing it if someone drops out leaving drafts in a mess. All the drafts are to be done the week leading up to the first Thursday game. If the draft has been decided and then someone confirms or drops out and the whole thing is shook up it changes a vote on the time and date on the draft and is unfair to those re-shuffled.

Just to add over 90% of those who said they are playing have confirmed so it seems most are able to say yes or no before July 31st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Just have one concern from myself...

Grant today's deadline is only to confirm on here, but when is the deadline to join the respective league on NFL.com.

Just curious, as far as I know only 15/16 teams in my division are confirmed on NFL.com, but 16/16 are confirmed on here as of a few weeks back.

Just have one concern from myself...

Grant today's deadline is only to confirm on here, but when is the deadline to join the respective league on NFL.com.

Just curious, as far as I know only 15/16 teams in my division are confirmed on NFL.com, but 16/16 are confirmed on here as of a few weeks back.

The GM of the league will contact that member and remind them to sign up to NFL.com. Be a good idea for ALL GMs who are waiting on guys to send a reminder pm to remind guys to make sure they have confirmed here and actually signed up to NFL.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

The GM of the league will contact that member and remind them to sign up to NFL.com. Be a good idea for ALL GMs who are waiting on guys to send a reminder pm to remind guys to make sure they have confirmed here and actually signed up to NFL.com

Is there an official deadline in the charter for players to be signed up to the official site

Is there an official deadline in the charter for players to be signed up to the official site

No because most would assume the players would sign up when the GM sends the pm with all the necessary details to sign up. But putting it in the Charter for next season would be a good idea for sure.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

who are these members who have been online (and even posted in AF forum) who haven't declared yet. Name and shame them I say !

who are these members who have been online (and even posted in AF forum) who haven't declared yet. Name and shame them I say !

Let me direct you towards this post :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79887886&postcount=219

As it stands today:

Div 2: Donkeypokertour (Last Activity 7th July 2012)
    Div 2: Mrkr (Last Activity 9th May 2012)

Div 3: That_Guy (Last Activity Today)
    Div 3: SSK (Last Activity 25th May 2012)
    Div 3: Basillarkin (Last Activity 30th July 2012)

Div 4: Syferus (Last activity Today & he's posted elsewhere on FF forum)
    Div 4: Exspensivewino (Last activity 9th January 2012)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

boardsffconfirmed201231.jpg

Ok folks the deadline has passed and 7 have failed to confirm (one of those a real surprise). That means Divisions 2-6 have to be rejigged a bit. The final list is above

Div 2: Two people removed and these are replaced by Onecoolcookie and Blured.

Div 3: Three people removed, two people promoted to Div 2 and these are replaced by McG, Fatgav, Manafana, Barbarians and Johnmcdnl.

Div 4: Two people removed, five people promoted to Div 3 and these are replaced by EveAlex, Matthew8, Slowharry, El_Duderino, Molly, Benimar and Padraig_f.

Div 5: Seven people promoted to Div 4 and these are replaced by Barney92, Prefab Sprouter, Danmur, Padji1, Mayordenis, Wawaman and HigginsJ.

Div 6: Seven people promoted to Div 5 and these are replaced by Chucky the tree, Davetherave, gufc21, Jersey Joe, Robluvshandegg, Realalemadrid and Boccy23.

Div 7: Before Eli Manning declares himself champion of this division there is plenty of time for any new players to add themselves to this division before the season starts. If any of the removed players want to get back in they can also join division 7

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

*grabs popcorn and awaits argument*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

to be fair notice was given, im normally worst for leaving it late myself, im happy to commit early as long as the draft is as close as possible to start of season.

Advertisement