Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

the cyberpunkgame subreddit is ridiculous. Over there it is the shítest game ever made, no one can like it and everything it does is awful and no other game does it worse.

reddit does tend to go overboard on these things. I think a big issue is a lot of W3 fans (I'm not one) have been waiting for this for years, expectations were high and it hasn't delivered, and while in fairness it would be hard to meet expectations, this didn't come close.

There's a big difference depending on what machine you're playing on, now that's always the case but it's getting more attention here, I think because it's absolute muck on the base console. It really shouldn't have been released on old gen, probably not even the pro.

people tend to get very defensive when someone criticises something they like and understandably so. likewise people don't understand why people like something they think is crap, which is kind of human nature. I'm still playing it a lot more than I thought I would even if I'm not quite sure why.

The internet just makes it all crazy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

J. Marston wrote: »
    You're being obtuse. HZD wasn't hyped as a living breathing city with "1000 NPCs who have handcrafted daily routines." CP2077 was.

When those 1000 realistic NPCs don't exist and instead act like placeholders, don't be surprised if people call it bullshít.

Neither does any of the games it is being compared to or any other game for that matter. I'm pretty sure Skyrim said similar things about their Radiant AI and look at how that turned out.

Even look at GTA V, the AI in that is pretty shít and normally ridiculed with plenty of memes out there about how bad it is. Cops shooting you dead in the street for doing relatively mundane shít etc. In GTA, if you shoot a cop in the middle of nowhere, you get an instant 2 star wanted level and the cops know exactly where you are.

Yet we're crucifying Cyberpunk for it and now giving GTA a pass for it. They both have rubbish AI. Cyberpunks is worse, sure but GTA's is pretty shít as well. They are both great games despite this though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

gimli2112 wrote: »
    reddit does tend to go overboard on these things. I think a big issue is a lot of W3 fans (I'm not one) have been waiting for this for years, expectations were high and it hasn't delivered, and while in fairness it would be hard to meet expectations, this didn't come close.

There's a big difference depending on what machine you're playing on, now that's always the case but it's getting more attention here, I think because it's absolute muck on the base console. It really shouldn't have been released on old gen, probably not even the pro.

people tend to get very defensive when someone criticises something they like and understandably so. likewise people don't understand why people like something they think is crap, which is kind of human nature. I'm still playing it a lot more than I thought I would even if I'm not quite sure why.

The internet just makes it all crazy

Yeah, reddit is great but it can be very polarised. It's either OTT the top 'OMGGGG, this is fúckin awesome' or 'This is the worst thing EVARRRRRR!!!!' at times there. You get that a bit on boards but it tends to be way more balanced here. I was pretty hyped for this game but I wasn't thinking it was going to be a complete game changer. I expected it to be a bit like GTA and the Deus Ex games smashed together and that is largely what it is. Wasn't expecting it to be as buggy as it is though but time will sort that out hopefully. CD Projekt Red really did over hype and build it up to be much more than it is though. Probably put that down to lofty ambitions that just weren't realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

J. Marston wrote: »
    You're being obtuse. HZD wasn't hyped as a living breathing city with "1000 NPCs who have handcrafted daily routines." CP2077 was.

When those 1000 realistic NPCs don't exist and instead act like placeholders, don't be surprised if people call it bullshít.

That's the problem, people are judging the game based on the hype.

When you use the same criteria being used to criticise Cyberpunk, very few open world games come out looking well eg. Fallout, Skyrim, Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, HZD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Decided to forgo a couple of hours progress to go back to a previous save to get my favourite gun back since depending on your choice in its sidequest it can get dramatically weaker after a couple of hours.

Sidequest
    The gun is skippy and when you find it he asks if you want to target heads or limbs. I chose heads and invested my perk points in the headshot damage amplifier skills only for Skippy to pop up after I had killed a certain number of people that he was now going to target limbs and there was no way tp change back. If you choose limbs initially he'll get stuck on heads so I'll do that this time. Pretty annoying design choice from CDPR tbh.

• Advertisement

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Decided to forgo a couple of hours progress to go back to a previous save to get my favourite gun back since depending on your choice in its sidequest it can get dramatically weaker after a couple of hours.

Sidequest
    The gun is skippy and when you find it he asks if you want to target heads or limbs. I chose heads and invested my perk points in the headshot damage amplifier skills only for Skippy to pop up after I had killed a certain number of people that he was now going to target limbs and there was no way tp change back. If you choose limbs initially he'll get stuck on heads so I'll do that this time. Pretty annoying design choice from CDPR tbh.

Wow, that is really annoying. Good to know if I ever come across it what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Wow, that is really annoying. Good to know if I ever come across it what to do.

Yeah it's definitely worth getting since its sidequest is literally just picking it up off the ground.

Been playing more of the main campaign and I like how certain characters you meet in the main missions get explored further in side quests. Gives you the chance to follow up on the characters you like without the main campaign getting bogged down by keeping too many characters around.

Before I reloaded I bought all the cars and drove them for a bit. 90% of them are god awful. The motorbikes and the Caliburn are pretty fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yeah, reddit is great but it can be very polarised. It's either OTT the top 'OMGGGG, this is fúckin awesome' or 'This is the worst thing EVARRRRRR!!!!' at times there. You get that a bit on boards but it tends to be way more balanced here. I was pretty hyped for this game but I wasn't thinking it was going to be a complete game changer. I expected it to be a bit like GTA and the Deus Ex games smashed together and that is largely what it is. Wasn't expecting it to be as buggy as it is though but time will sort that out hopefully. CD Projekt Red really did over hype and build it up to be much more than it is though. Probably put that down to lofty ambitions that just weren't realistic.

GTA's police system is light years ahead of what's in this game to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭recyclops

My biggest annoyance is that the map doesn't get bigger when driving at speed and I have to jam on when missing a corner.

From looking online my grievance seems to be absolutely nothing compared to others haha

recyclops wrote: »
    My biggest annoyance is that the map doesn't get bigger when driving at speed and I have to jam on when missing a corner.

From looking online my grievance seems to be absolutely nothing compared to others haha

Nah, I've seen a lot of people complaining about that. It annoy me too. I don't think it's as bad with the motorbike as it seems to turn pretty sharply if you brake into the corner.
    AdamD wrote: »
    GTA's police system is light years ahead of what's in this game to be fair

Ha ha ha, no comparison really. As bad as the police are in Cyberpunk, I actually think I prefer it's system. Police are usually a pain in the hole in these games and I find mostly just get in the way of the fun. In GTA you can be driving along, listening to the radio, then take a corner badly and kill someone or clip a police car accidentally. Now you're having to deal with losing the cops. Screw that, just let me be. In Cyberpunk, if you accidentally piss them off, you can lose them pretty easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Ha ha ha, no comparison really. As bad as the police are in Cyberpunk, I actually think I prefer it's system. Police are usually a pain in the hole in these games and I find mostly just get in the way of the fun. In GTA you can be driving along, listening to the radio, then take a corner badly and kill someone or clip a police car accidentally. Now you're having to deal with losing the cops. Screw that, just let me be. In Cyberpunk, if you accidentally piss them off, you can lose them pretty easily.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs Legion and the cops drive straight into you and then come after you but they are easy to lose though.

The first time it happened I was driving along admittedly at speed and seen this car drive into my side of the road and was thinking what the hell(this is happening in seconds) next thing the lights and siren were on coming after me. Happened more than once so wasn't a fluke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Nah, I've seen a lot of people complaining about that. It annoy me too. I don't think it's as bad with the motorbike as it seems to turn pretty sharply if you brake into the corner

It's one of my few issues with the game, so hope it's fixed soonish as having to constantly be watching the map in the top corner of the screen feels odd when nearly all other open world games with driving have the route laid out on the road itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Gyan84 wrote: »

Sidequest

Skippy was there for me when I needed something reliable to finish a boss fight.

While taking about pistols, wait until you hear this.

There is a side mission. One of the NCPD Scanner missions, where you have to find the hideout of a girl called Nina. Now instantly I thought of Luc Bessons, The Assassin, and when I got there, sure enough her hideout was on the beachfront. One of the rewards in a crate is a Nue pistol.

That was the pistol I had allready chosen to be my sneaky silenced one as it has high damage per shot and takes a silencer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

How do I get more Cyberpsycho missions? I have 7 done and I'm not getting any more. Do I have to visit that woman Regina?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Smiles35 wrote: »
    How do I get more Cyberpsycho missions? I have 7 done and I'm not getting any more. Do I have to visit that woman Regina?

They are on the map as ! they pop up as you are close, think I am on 7 as well.

Might be a guide out now for you to find the correct !.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

These Horizon Zero Dawn comparisons are weird AF

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Really enjoying the game. Have had a few bugs but nothing major. I like the comba & mission variation. 45 odd hours in now and barely touched scratched the surface haha. I like doing random ****

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Really enjoying the game. Have had a few bugs but nothing major. I like the comba & mission variation. 45 odd hours in now and barely touched scratched the surface haha. I like doing random ****

My copy just arrived from ShopTo, a full week late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Markitron wrote: »
    My copy just arrived from ShopTo, a full week late.

Bummer - Hope you enjoy it mate! You gonna dive in or wait for further patching?

ktulu123 wrote: »

I have Watson? Purged of all !, dont really drive just wandering around solving crimes and clearing hotspots like Scooby Doo.

Albeit Scooby Doo with Mantis Arms, An SMG that sets people on fire and a shotgun for CQB.

Says I have 10% of the story done but Im level 40+ street cred.

I also noticed if you have mantis arms and some points in blades, you can rush people and impale them with both arms for a one hit kill. Its not really explained how to do it but very handy for when stealth goes wrong. It also seems to work no matter the level of the enemy.

Hold Run and power attack and release when literally on top of them.

• Advertisement

sticker wrote: »
    Bummer - Hope you enjoy it mate! You gonna dive in or wait for further patching?

Gonna give it a go and see how I get on, playing it on PS5 so at least I know it runs well enough.

Markitron wrote: »
    Gonna give it a go and see how I get on, playing it on PS5 so at least I know it runs well enough.

Yeah in the same boat with PS5 - I'm happy to wait a bit as I've to finish off a few other games first. Let us know how you get on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I tried the PC version last night even this version seems like early access
    The bugs and stuff are actually hiding the very basic AI (PS2 levels here) in this game as an open world game it really fails I got a glitch last night where the road just stopped and traffic disappeared then I couldn’t die then the police appeared then they couldn’t die. It baffles me how it got such high scores even here it’s fundamentally a broken game I don’t see how patches can fix these other issues that are baked into the games code

I’ve read people say it’s not a sandbox game like GTAV imo that’s bull**** it’s marketed as an open world game with a living breathing world therefore it should have that stuff baked in the traffic and ai is like going back to PS2 era I’m just shocked at what they put out here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I have Watson? Purged of all !, dont really drive just wandering around solving crimes and clearing hotspots like Scooby Doo.

Albeit Scooby Doo with Mantis Arms, An SMG that sets people on fire and a shotgun for CQB.

I also noticed if you have mantis arms and some points in blades, you can rush people and impale them with both arms for a one hit kill. Its not really explained how to do it but very handy for when stealth goes wrong. It also seems to work no matter the level of the enemy.

I think that's down to what perks you have unlocked and what cyber mods you are using. The slow-down time ones when you get spotted or hurt seem to be the same as when your fighting an NPC who is zipping all over the place at super speed in little bursts.

Timestamp to avoid sponsor:
    https://youtu.be/4znSeDc8O-I?t=202

Venom wrote: »
    I think that's down to what perks you have unlocked and what cyber mods you are using. The slow-down time ones when you get spotted or hurt seem to be the same as when your fighting an NPC who is zipping all over the place at super speed in little bursts.

I believe that is correct, the slow down time one seems to charge? but I dont see where its charging on the hud, I get a notification "implant charged" then I get slowmo when spotted. The blades I can do at any time once I time it right, so im basically the predator. The fact it one hit kills enemies in gigs marked as Danger Very High is a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I really want to get it on a standard PS4 but can't really justify it. Can anyone convince me, or should I leave it for a few more patches?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

dreamers75 wrote: »

I think I saw in the ripperdoc menu that you need to hold RT down to 'charge' it, similar to some tech weapons. Haven't got them yet though, just going off memory.

Cienciano wrote: »
    I really want to get it on a standard PS4 but can't really justify it. Can anyone convince me, or should I leave it for a few more patches?

Leave it, seriously. There will be a nice stable, good looking version of it waiting for you when you get a PS5. They can probably improve the performance of the base PS4 version with a few patches but its always going to look ****ing terrible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement