Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2012 Women's triathlon 04/08/2012 9am

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

100 euro won ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Phew, Spirig got the photo finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 impala_irl

What a cracking finish - brilliant racing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Wonder how Blatchford is feeling right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

what a finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

@Peter here is a link for a betting comparison site for the triathlon finals Time for me to call it, left it as long as I could.

1st: At 6/1 with PP Findlay is my pick too. I would be worried that she will fold under the pressure she puts on herself but I think she'll handle it.

2nd: Spirig

3rd: Jenkins

Very excited now :D

What a race! Brilliant, felt for Aileen and Jenkins.

Well Findley obviously not fit and emotions did get the better of her again. But t least i covered my bet with a sneaky €3 on Spirig :D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

what a superb finish, well done spirig...i wonder will the mens race be that close :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Super race, start to finish.

MrCreosote wrote: »
    There's going to be a few questions about that corner after the race.

maybe some people did not do their tyre homework.....
    its olympic games and it should not be easy.

peter kern wrote: »
    maybe some people did not do their tyre homework.....
    its olympic games and it should not be easy.

Not at all. All went down on the same corner, on multiple laps, experienced athletes like moffatt and less experienced ones.

Suggests to me it was the corner and not the equipment.

Of course it should be difficult, but there's nothing worse than a pure random chance affecting the outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Who was the commentator on RTE? He was useless and didn't have a clue about the sport. He kept saying that there was no drafting allowed on the race, doh! When Hall was in the small leading group just after the swim she was doing her best to stall the breakaway by not taking her turn up the front & she kept looking behind to see where Jenkins was. The commentator never picked up on this as he obviously has no knowledge of the sport. It was only half way through the race that he mentioned that Hall was domestique for Jenkins. Somebody must have eventually told him what Hall's job was.

Great race though & what a incredible finish. I reckon if the run had been one meter longer, Norden would have taken it. Felt very sorry for Jenkins, she was holding back the tears in her interview with the BBC afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Yes I was listening to a bit of the Irish commentary and decided shag this he hasn't a clue and switched to the BBC myself.

I didn't realize Jenkins was injured, was this well known :confused:

Fair play to the US girl Groff, I was rooting for her to get a medal after showing such courage to get back up to the leaders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Agreed that the coverage wasn't the best but I think they're up against it trying to cover so many sports and trying to get up to speed on all of them.
    The cycling road race was also brutal, mentions of 'Mark Cavanagh' by Billo and repeated references to the 'Russian' Vinokourov.
    Super race this morning though, was doing a LSR after and was pumped, couldn't settle into a sufficiently slow pace at all :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

turns out aileen needs a few stitches after the spill.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Anyone have a website to watch the replay?? Couldnt get to see it this morning.

Many Thanks

MrCreosote wrote: »
    Not at all. All went down on the same corner, on multiple laps, experienced athletes like moffatt and less experienced ones.

Suggests to me it was the corner and not the equipment.

Of course it should be difficult, but there's nothing worse than a pure random chance affecting the outcome.

only 1 of the good cyclists with bike handling skills came off .
    Not wanting to be an ass but its the 2nd time in 3 years aileen comes off in london and thats still her biggest weakness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I hope Tunney & Mr Tango took my advice....chi Ching more money to add to the pot. I thought road conditions pretty crap in places and I counted 5 spills in that same corner. Cracking finish probably one of the best finishes I have seen.

Re Blatchford comment, what would she have done finish 20? Hall and tactics was the best chance to medal for Jenkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Darren smith take a bow... to transform both Norden and Groff in the way he has has to be commended...fantastic race . As Burt le clois says "unbelievable"

Ps gutted for Aileen but will leave the post Mortem till another day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

subscriber wrote: »
    Anyone have a website to watch the replay?? Couldnt get to see it this morning.

Many Thanks

Saw it last night on rte player - quality wasn't great though

Darren smith take a bow... to transform both Norden and Groff in the way he has has to be commended...fantastic race . As Burt le clois says "unbelievable"

you forgot Anne Haug who had joined fastest run split and has made massive improvement this year .

to be fair the first coach that brought lisa up to elite level was chris jones he helped her to go from amateur to basicaly Euro champ and he refered her to him when GB got worried about nordan as she became to good. So one should spare a min to chris as well.

• Advertisement

This race still isn't finished!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19214132

Swim, bike, run, hire a lawyer.

Advertisement