Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU 2012 Accommodation Thread **MOD WARNING POST #48**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gene Hunt 45

Looking for accommodation around DCU if anyone had anything available or is looking to share please contact me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Conor25

Looking for accommodation around DCU if anyone had anything available or is looking to share please contact me!

I'm going to DCU, I'm up for sharing if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Joesearching

Hi,
    a study mate and me are studying @dcu for one semester. We are erasmus students and still searching for house share / appartment etc. :) We are nice guys, make party, easy going, first time in ireland and would be very nice to live with other irish people :) - my facebook account: http://url9.de/poc

if anyone is also searching contact me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Joesearching

Same for me and my study mate. We are german erasmus students and searching for house share for one semster! we are easy and open for much party :):):) - first we will live in hostel till we find a house share.

feel free to contact at facebook: http://url9.de/poc

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Yeah might aswell put my name in the hat! Anybody need someone to fill a room I'm looking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 ciaranhickie

I will also share. PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ballyfornia

Also looking for a place and willing to share

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SAJ

Have two single rooms available in a house in close proximity to DCU sharing with myself and another Masters student. The house is situated in a nice location and is also reasonable price wise. Ideally looking for people who require a 12 month lease. Feel free to PM me for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ciara123456

Hi im a 19 year old first year female DCU student, looking to share either an apartment or house with other DCU students, if anyone is looking to fill a room PM or email me, <snip>, thanks :)

MOD NOTE: Email addresses are NOT allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 allygatore

Hi,
    Just a question for Shanowen square : do you know if it is possible to pay Internet by cash saturday? I totally forgot to pay it with the rent installment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Whitters22

First year student looking for accommodation near DCU,drop me a message.In dublin tomorrow so will be able to view.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭AllWasWell

Anyone know the size bed in the College Park Deluxe apartments?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

AllWasWell wrote: »
    Anyone know the size bed in the College Park Deluxe apartments?

If they're deluxe I would assume they would be double beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sarahguitar92

Sorry if it's been asked already, but what's the story with internet connection? Is it taken from your utilities prepayment or is it a separate thing that you pay when you move in? Also, I've read differing information on this, so how much does it cost for the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Yer_Wan

Sorry if it's been asked already, but what's the story with internet connection? Is it taken from your utilities prepayment or is it a separate thing that you pay when you move in? Also, I've read differing information on this, so how much does it cost for the year?

First thing. Where are you living?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Umm its 50 for the first semester and 50 again for the second, or 80 if you pay it at once! And i think you pay when you go in! Thats as far as I know, could be wrong* :p

*don't think I am though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sarahguitar92

Yer_Wan wrote: »
    First thing. Where are you living?

Living in Larkfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 silken1

This is in the Terms and Conditions for Larkfield

"25.Internet connectivity
    An annual fixed charge of €60 for internet connectivity will be deducted from the utilities prepayment (see section 29.). The full internet connection charge is paid directly to DCU's ISS department by the Operator for the maintenance and provision of this service. Any technical or connection issues should be communicated directly to ISS.

It is the responsibility of the Occupier to ensure that they abide by the full list of policies and regulations that govern the use of computing resources in the university and additional policies that govern residences internet connectivity. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in a forfeit of internet connectivity.

http://www4.dcu.ie/iss/networks/residence-connectivity.shtml"

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gene Hunt 45

hey umm anyone got a place or looking to share, still looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ALEX09

Anyone still looking for accommodation near DCU??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

AnnaKin wrote: »
    Umm its 50 for the first semester and 50 again for the second, or 80 if you pay it at once! And i think you pay when you go in! Thats as far as I know, could be wrong* :p

*don't think I am though :pac:

I kept reading on other places that it was 150 for the year or 75 per semester for on campus? I'm in Hampstead, just wondering for definite so I can pay it on sunday:)

smeal wrote: »
    I kept reading on other places that it was 150 for the year or 75 per semester for on campus? I'm in Hampstead, just wondering for definite so I can pay it on sunday:)

Well if you look at the link siilken1 posted it includes Larkfield/Hampstead and College View!! :)

Well if you look at the link siilken1 posted it includes Larkfield/Hampstead and College View!! :)

Yeah sorry for asking but where does it say about the 80euro a year that you mentioned earlier:)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ALEX09

Are u still looking for somewhere

Yeah sorry for asking but where does it say about the 80euro a year that you mentioned earlier:)?

well either it was changed or i misread it cause its now 60 for the year :pac: which obviously seems a better deal haha

well either it was changed or i misread it cause its now 60 for the year :pac: which obviously seems a better deal haha

I think that 60 euro is a fixed charge unfortunately AnnaKin, as it says after that "The full internet connectivity charge is paid directly to DCU's ISS department" :(

I read loads of places that it was 75 per semester although I can't think where I seen that as I am wrecked tired!!

If it's anything more than that though I think the ones in our apartment are on for getting the o2 broadband with the wireless router which works out at less than a 5er each a month, as the Internet in the apartments isn't even wireless, you're given a lead for your laptop that you stick into the wall of your bedroom. That was the case in Larkfield anyways. Fairly crappy in my opinion for the amount u pay for it ha:)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Creidim

Found this on the ISS Page:

"Following on from a recent user survey (April 2012) ISS has decided to allow the use of Wi-Fi access points and Wi-Fi routers in residences only. Should any difficulties be experienced in using these devices ISS is not in a position to provide support. Users should be aware that a high concentration of such devices may cause difficulties. ISS reserve the right to amend its position should the use of these devices prove problematic for other users in residences."

This mean we could set up a router between two or three apartments and share the price of it or something to that effect? :P

I think that 60 euro is a fixed charge unfortunately AnnaKin, as it says after that "The full internet connectivity charge is paid directly to DCU's ISS department" :(

I read loads of places that it was 75 per semester although I can't think where I seen that as I am wrecked tired!!

If it's anything more than that though I think the ones in our apartment are on for getting the o2 broadband with the wireless router which works out at less than a 5er each a month, as the Internet in the apartments isn't even wireless, you're given a lead for your laptop that you stick into the wall of your bedroom. That was the case in Larkfield anyways. Fairly crappy in my opinion for the amount u pay for it ha:)

Oh God :o Well... I wish I had that option, but one person who I don't know yet mightn't be bothered about such things :pac: God I know its extreme, so much to pay for a small square of living space :o Let me know how you find Hampstead, the parents want me in there next year :pac: The auld, irritating ethernet cable is it? Dang! I think I can trust the opinion of a fellow Monaghanese person :p

Creidim wrote: »

"Following on from a recent user survey (April 2012) ISS has decided to allow the use of Wi-Fi access points and Wi-Fi routers in residences only. Should any difficulties be experienced in using these devices ISS is not in a position to provide support. Users should be aware that a high concentration of such devices may cause difficulties. ISS reserve the right to amend its position should the use of these devices prove problematic for other users in residences."

This mean we could set up a router between two or three apartments and share the price of it or something to that effect? :P

Ohhh! That sounds good!

• Advertisement

Creidim wrote: »

Yeah ye definitely could. only thing about the o2 internet is it only has 15GB so if like more than 2/3 people were using it constantly for things like youtube and watching films etc it'd be no time at all before your over the usage! I have it at home and my brother is always going over it ha. so it'd have to be a good router from a good company, dunno if Eircom would do internety unless u go installing a landline and all haha :P
    Oh God :o Well... I wish I had that option, but one person who I don't know yet mightn't be bothered about such things :pac: God I know its extreme, so much to pay for a small square of living space :o Let me know how you find Hampstead, the parents want me in there next year :pac: The auld, irritating ethernet cable is it? Dang! I think I can trust the opinion of a fellow Monaghanese person :p

Awwwh quit, it's a ridiculous amount of money haha so many deposits and stuff looking forward to seeing how much I actually get back :D Suppose internet isn't the biggest worry but like it's fairly annoying paying so much for a little ethernet cable and I know in Hampstead it'll not even extend over to the bed don't think! awh Monaghan yay:D hope you settle in OK :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement