Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500ml slabs €24 from Wednesday - Tesco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

In response to those who have been told that they can't mix drink on slabs, I bought a slab of Coors and a slab of Bulmers but the member of staff behind the customer service desk told me that I COULD mix and match cans and that it was part of the offer as long as I had 24 cans.

I didn't want to mix but she said that it was possible.

That was in Tesco Cavan town yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

They are enforcing the 4 slabs per customer rule in Greystones. They are selling the Carlsberg individually at 1.92 or 24 yoyo for the tray of 24.

Thanks OP, great value

T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Plenty of stock in Dundrum last night, got 2 Guinness a Bulmers and a Carlsberg.

Also there is a big sign beside the offer stand that states that you CAN'T mix and match between the slabs, so you can't in that branch for certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Deal has appeared online but limited to Bulmers, Heineken and Coors Light.

No Miller, therefore I will need to make a beer run to Douglas/ Wilton/ Mahon Point. Boooo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

rubadub wrote: »
    Its only a BB date, I have read lads in the beer forum drinking beer 10 years past its BB. Its not like it goes toxic at the stroke of midnight tonight.

10 years holy frick!

that reminds me of homer finding his billy beer in his old jacket from when he was young!billy beer.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

In the Kilbarrack store this afternoon, still no Bulmers berry:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

rubadub wrote: »
    Its only a BB date, I have read lads in the beer forum drinking beer 10 years past its BB. Its not like it goes toxic at the stroke of midnight tonight.

When you register it recognises your address and only shows items deliverable from your local store which delivers. They might keep it off to stop people ordering it for delivery too.

I expect it is the breweries giving the beer at discounted prices on the agreement it will be sold low too. Wholesale prices can differ hugely, but of course the publicans do not acknowledge this and so keep moaning about alleged below cost selling, when I have never seen much hard evidence of it happening. In the UK they surveyed what would happen if below cost selling was banned and it showed that very few drinks were below cost.

Its mad to think of the taxpayers money squandered on investigating this when it is likely to turn out to be illegal to do, due to EU law. Scotland were already told they cannot do it.

rubadub poster meant may 2013 not may 2012 as bb on Bulmers

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

How long is the offer on for? I know it says while stocks last but is there an end date?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

casio4 wrote: »
    How long is the offer on for? I know it says while stocks last but is there an end date?

June 5th, next Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I was reading the small print and what exactly does this mean?
    Prices and offers apply to selected Tesco stores, excludes Express stores.

I'm heading to a Tesco Extra later and want to avail of the deal. Also, what time does Tesco stop serving alcohol in the 24 hour ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I was reading the small print and what exactly does this mean?

I'm heading to a Tesco Extra later and want to avail of the deal. Also, what time does Tesco stop serving alcohol in the 24 hour ones?

It means the express stores are not doing the offer.

10 o'clock, all stores have to stop serving alcohol at this time by law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Picked up a Guinness, Miller and heino in navan today.

Plenty of stock. Also had coots light, bud, Bavaria, bulmers and also the berry one.

Best before dates are nov/12, jan 13 and march 13.

Got some funny looks with the trolley load- you'd swear they never saw a lad buying a load of drink before! ;)

Thanks op

Two slabs of Bulmers ordered online with delivery tomorrow, they best have 'em in stock :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Was up in Clarehall earlier, all Guinness gone, everything else looked ok stockwise. I think they will restock tomorrow.

Two slabs of Bulmers ordered online with delivery tomorrow, they best have 'em in stock :cool:

NEWSFLASH Bulmers slabs sold out across the land !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

vicwatson wrote: »

Loads of bulmers regular in tesco tallaght ... also end of date Stella 440ml cans - 10 for £5... bargain!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

2 heiny and 2 bully for myself
    I was going for one of each but after picking up 2 I went back for a trolley to double up,
    About 10 slabs of bulmers gone when I returned 2 mins later:eek:
    The rate the bulmers was banging out the door you'd swear apples don't grown trees.......

jameshayes wrote: »
    Loads of bulmers regular in tesco tallaght ... also end of date Stella 440ml cans - 10 for £5... bargain!!!!

I was of course joking:D

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

reckon they will be restocked in the major tescos daily. Plenty in Ballinasloe this evening. Great deal for bulmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I saw Tuborg 24 slab for €20 today in Lidl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fabsoul

buy it online i got 4 slabs of bulmers :D

fabsoul wrote: »
    buy it online i got 4 slabs of bulmers :D

See post 109 :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Is there plenty of Bulmers Light left in Tesco Tallaght anyone know? Gonna head over after work.

Say it ain't so :eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Was up in Clarehall earlier, all Guinness gone, everything else looked ok stockwise. I think they will restock tomorrow.

If anyone else is in Clarehall can they let me know the Guinness situation?
    thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

mathie wrote: »

If anyone else is in Clarehall can they let me know the Guinness situation?
    thanks!

Kilbarrack had plenty, ended up getting it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

mallow had very little last night, no guiness, a few bulmers, lots of bulmers light. Guy said they weren't in yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Loads of bulmers at Tesco express dennehys cross cork now

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

dont panic.
    mountains of bulmers and all beers here in tesco extra clearwaters finglas.
    not even close to "sold out"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

andersat2 wrote: »
    dont panic.
    mountains of bulmers and all beers here in tesco extra clearwaters finglas.
    not even close to "sold out"

No guinness Clare hall or kilbarrack

Advertisement