Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500ml slabs €24 from Wednesday - Tesco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Barr wrote: »
    Can you mix and match the cans or does the slab have to be all of the same type of beer ?

I was told by check out staff you can mix them but it must be 24 to get the discount.

The deal is not 1euro a can, the deal is based on 24 cans as the total is discounted on your receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

vicwatson wrote: »
    I was told by check out staff you can mix them but it must be 24 to get the discount.

The deal is not 1euro a can, the deal is based on 24 cans as the total is discounted on your receipt.

Just back from Clarehall and they said the opposite, only full cases

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭Masala

Wife just rang me 5 mins ago while in Tesco Killarney -no Bulmers Original left!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭john.martin

Just picked up a slab of Coors light and Bulmers Light from Ballybrack - they have loads of stock - there not even bothering to put them them on the shelves - stacked high in the isle!!

Great value!!

• Advertisement

Yeh, I checked the yellow label and it says offer ends 5th June (or while stocks last I imagine), they deffo replenish stocks as it goes on.

As I said, if they wanna sell em get them on the shelves (or in the aisles anyways :D)

sgb wrote: »
    Just back from Clarehall and they said the opposite, only full cases

Maybe its per branch then, but she said it's no prob with a mix of the ones that are on special as long as it's 24 cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

Got a tray of Heineken and a tray of bulmers original this evening in Tescos in the square, tallaght. There was still plenty of both, as well as plenty of bud, coors light and Guinness. Didn't see any bulmers light or any berry/pear bulmers nor did I see any miller but they were all on the in store promotional poster. Cracking deal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Anyone checked the best before dates on them, have to see if they will go in the 2012 vault or 2013? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Got a tray of Heineken and a tray of bulmers original this evening in Tescos in the square, tallaght. There was still plenty of both, as well as plenty of bud, coors light and Guinness. Didn't see any bulmers light or any berry/pear bulmers nor did I see any miller but they were all on the in store promotional poster. Cracking deal :D

snap, got the exact same in same place today.. yeah i was suprised that there was loads of bulmers original thought that would be snapped up

• Advertisement

madma wrote: »
    snap, got the exact same in same place today.. yeah i was suprised that there was loads of bulmers original thought that would be snapped up

I didn't see anyone splitting them 12 of one and 12 of the other did u? I asked the guy at the till and he said he didnt think it was allowed but wasn't sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I got 2 slabs of Guinness today in Tesco Greystones there were loads of everything at 3.30pm. None of them were split

I didn't see anyone splitting them 12 of one and 12 of the other did u? I asked the guy at the till and he said he didnt think it was allowed but wasn't sure.

no didnt see anyone doing that, i doubt very much that ya can. all the the trays were full so no sign of them being split.. id imagine it would cause a mess if people were splitting them, maybe certain tescos do it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Anyone checked the best before dates on them, have to see if they will go in the 2012 vault or 2013? :D

The Heineken is Jan 2013 Smiley-19-june.gif

the bulmers is the best date so far..hate the stuff but it has BB may 2012

heineken is grand till january but sure ill have that gone soon!

Mar 2013 on the guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Has to be 24 of the same. Can't do 12 and 12 etc..Fantastic offer.Especially for Bulmers and Guinness drinkers. These are not often on these offers.Add a little sunshine:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Was in Tesco Wilton there an hour ago and they look to have plenty stock of everything..

I can't understand why this is not on the Tesco website

• Advertisement

heineken is grand till january but sure ill have that gone soon!

May 2013 i think for Bulmers. Mine is anyway.

Yep. Jan 2013 on my heineken and may 2013 for my bulmers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I was in the tesco express on Parnell St. in Dublin this evening and all they had was the bulmers out on the floor and on special. I specifically wanted Heineken, and the "deal" for that was 2x 12x500ml for €30 which is a bit crap by comparison. That's the same deal they were running prior to this one. I'll check back again tomorrow, but not impressed so far.

I would think only the bigger stores have them and not the Tesco express

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Picked up 4 slabs of Bulmers today :D

Best before is May 2013 ... not that they have a hope of lasting that long.

I was in the tesco express on Parnell St. in Dublin this evening and all they had was the bulmers out on the floor and on special. I specifically wanted Heineken, and the "deal" for that was 2x 12x500ml for €30 which is a bit crap by comparison. That's the same deal they were running prior to this one. I'll check back again tomorrow, but not impressed so far.

Yea I'd imagine you won't get all the deals in the tesco express stores as they're meant to be convenience stores so will tend to charge more

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I suppose, it's just annoying that they seem to be running the deal for some drinks but not others, and also, that that they have plenty of stock of something but it works out much more expensive than it should. Still though, they might have different stock out today, worth checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Well done to tesco for this one.
    With the BH coming up this weekend and Ireland giving it a go in the euros, this promotion will go down well with hard pressed consumers that are feeling the pinch.
    Mad to think Róisín Shortall is moving ahead with her ideas on minimum pricing for a drink, especially when we pay more than they do in France & Germany amongst other countries already.
    Who is she to tell you what you should pay for a drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭dodzy

casio4 wrote: »
    I would think only the bigger stores have them and not the Tesco express

FWIW, Tesco Express in Mulhuddart usually will give 3 x 8pcks of bud for the €24 if, like now, it is on slab special. Not sure about the other brands. They only carry limited stock though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Its only a BB date, I have read lads in the beer forum drinking beer 10 years past its BB. Its not like it goes toxic at the stroke of midnight tonight.
    casio4 wrote: »
    I can't understand why this is not on the Tesco website
    When you register it recognises your address and only shows items deliverable from your local store which delivers. They might keep it off to stop people ordering it for delivery too.
    seem to be running the deal for some drinks but not others.
    I expect it is the breweries giving the beer at discounted prices on the agreement it will be sold low too. Wholesale prices can differ hugely, but of course the publicans do not acknowledge this and so keep moaning about alleged below cost selling, when I have never seen much hard evidence of it happening. In the UK they surveyed what would happen if below cost selling was banned and it showed that very few drinks were below cost.
    Mad to think Róisín Shortall is moving ahead with her ideas on minimum pricing for a drink
    Its mad to think of the taxpayers money squandered on investigating this when it is likely to turn out to be illegal to do, due to EU law. Scotland were already told they cannot do it.

Advertisement