Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500ml slabs €24 from Wednesday - Tesco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,936 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i got a slab of Kopperberg Mixed Fruits for 30 euro. Very good offer concidering how expensive Kopperberg is compared to other ciders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

IRCA wrote: »
    SuperValu also doing the same offer (in case tesco run low!)

Also mini packs - 12 cans @ €12 (But not Bulmers)

offer with supervalu is only on carlsberg and bud according to their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

madma wrote: »
    wonder if the heineken is the 4.3% or 5%

the 5% is much nicer, wouldnt go near it if its the 4.3
    I have never heard of tesco having 5% heineken before. Eurospar have it the odd time, alongside 4.3% and the 5% is usually cheaper, it is meant for the scottish market. Heineken must be charging less in that market.

The 4.3% stuff is probably just diluted down more, many of the big breweries ferment to 7% or more and dilute back down, including guinness draught.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

cojomo2 wrote: »
    :confused:

:confused: x 2

Just thinking about this 4 slabs per customer.

How is this policed? If I go in and buy 4, go out and put them in my car and go back in buy another 4 off a different check out girl, then say a manager sees me and says you already got 4 take a hike...

Realistically that's not going to happen is it?

I assume they mean that you cannot load up a trolley of 10 cases at any ONE purchase time? As opposed to 4 cases per customer for the duration of the whole promotion - how the hell can they keep track of customer purchases ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

vicwatson wrote: »

How is this policed? If I go in and buy 4, go out and put them in my car and go back in buy another 4 off a different check out girl, then say a manager sees me and says you already got 4 take a hike...

I assume they mean that you cannot load up a trolley of 10 cases at any ONE purchase time? As opposed to 4 cases per customer for the duration of the whole promotion - how the hell can they keep track of customer purchases ?

As long as you are not using the club card which records purchases I have no idea how they can police it - other than 4 slabs per transaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

kn wrote: »
    As long as you are not using the club card which records purchases I have no idea how they can police it - other than 4 slabs per transaction.

What are they going to do? Take the beer back off you? There's no way to police the clubcard until your points come out at the end of the quarter... An alarm won't sound if you use the same clubcard for two transactions in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Last year, this offer included Koppaerberg Strawberry and Lime. ( I stocked up last year :p ) Will it be included in the offer this time?

Also last year, you were allowed mix and match beers, will it be allowed this time?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Eurospar seem to be offering similar, though lacking in Bulmers, Guinness, etc.

Eurospar's offer is 24x 500ml cans of Carlsberg, Carling, Grolsch, Dutch Gold, John Kepplers (cider), Estrella for €24.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

rubadub wrote: »
    I have never heard of tesco having 5% heineken before. Eurospar have it the odd time, alongside 4.3% and the 5% is usually cheaper, it is meant for the scottish market. Heineken must be charging less in that market.

The 4.3% stuff is probably just diluted down more, many of the big breweries ferment to 7% or more and dilute back down, including guinness draught.

yeah i dunno what the craic is, in my experience i remember getting a crate of the 4.3 stuff and it didnt taste good at all and anytime ive had the 5 % its much nicer and i like the drink. its nothing to do with strength been more it seems to be much nicer. there was also someone on here before saying the exact same thing. ill check it out when in tesco just incase...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

vicwatson wrote: »

Load up....and go to self service. I'd be surprised if you were questioned carrying in excess of the 4 slabs, you pisshead ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 wheretheskies

Stocked up on this offer last year and I was allowed to mix and match i.e. 12 Bulmers 12 Budweiser, wonder will this be allowed this year?

dodzy wrote: »
    Load up....and go to self service. I'd be surprised if you were questioned carrying in excess of the 4 slabs, you pisshead ;)

Nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Ranelite

Also have 5 Erdinger bottles for €10 . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Happy4

can someone let me know if the bulmers light is on this deal when they go to Tesco... I seriously doubt it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Happy4 wrote: »
    can someone let me know if the bulmers light is on this deal when they go to Tesco... I seriously doubt it :(
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Why would I say it was on offer if it wasn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Nu-Centz

great shout here, thanks for the info. Myself and mates are planning a weekend of serious drunken shennanigans. cheers to the OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Available from Wednesday

Includes Guinness, Heineken, Coors, Carlsberg, Budweiser, Miller, Bulmers, Bulmers Berry, Bulmers Strawberry.

http://www.tesco.ie/pricenews/

is there a bulmers strawberry?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Loaded up this morning @ Galway - plenty of stock at the till end of the isle.

I got 8 slabs in 2 transactions. Time to take some Annual Leave methinks... :pac:

I can confirm it is

is there a bulmers strawberry?

No Bulmers Mixed Berry and its 24 for 24

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Tesco in Tallaght still has loads there just stocked up with 2 trays myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

Can you mix and match the cans or does the slab have to be all of the same type of beer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭philboy

They are in the deal, I purchased them in Galway this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Can't find this deal at Tesco.ie, is it only available in store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Can't find this deal at Tesco.ie, is it only available in store?

Likewise, unless the online store is updated later. Weird :/

Advertisement