Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Anyone watching Made in the Abyss? It's very like EtrIan Odyssey so I'm loving it. Last episode though was a hard watch.

Watched the first two episode but fell off it since the only streaming service that has it for ireland doesn't have apps yet. Looks amazing but from what I've seen doesn't hold back from the implications of its world at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,828 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Violent?

It's not gratuitous or anything, they did a great job of making it not nice to watch. The actor as well was a little too good in the role :)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

I've only seen gifs of it posted by jlist and it looked...cute?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sieghardt wrote: »

I was thinking the same but if there's one thing I've learnt from watching anime its never judge an anime from gifs :D.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,828 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Oh it is... but it can be incredibly dark as well.... really dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I was thinking the same but if there's one thing I've learnt from watching anime its never judge an anime from gifs :D.

I always watch the first episode of every show for a new season, with the majority and taking the studio into account I can tell in the first few minutes if its going to be dropped.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    I always watch the first episode of every show for a new season, with the majority and taking the studio into account I can tell in the first few minutes if its going to be dropped.

A lot of creepy stuff out there nowadays.

One boy joins a class of 6-7 anthropomorphic anime clich

Always going to be a 'classic'

Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2 and Dragons Crown are getting PS4 ports

I'll definitely rebuy Cold Steel 1 & 2 as my PS3's fans are pretty loud these days and the soundtrack deserves better :D

Dragons Crown, I would have liked to have seen a new version, maybe at least add a couple of new classes and dungeons

That Octopath Traveller game on switch looks amazing and the battle system sounds like loads of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana arrived today, first console version I have played since Ark of Napishtim.

Xenji wrote: »
    Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana arrived today, first console version I have played since Ys VI: Ark of Napishtim.

Been playing it all week, awesome game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That Octopath Traveller game on switch looks amazing and the battle system sounds like loads of fun.

Was really surprised to hear so much hype around a demo and was pretty sceptical, but it's the real deal, I played through it twice yesterday and it's an insta-buy for me already. It's like someone took the best aspects of Bravely Default and the SaGa games and mashed them together in a really striking looking game.

Summon knight is out week after next, anyone interested in it?

I was interested in it when it was first supposed to come out but after all the delays I'll wait a bit to see if it's ok first, the delays pushed it behind Utawaerumono for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

I really liked the GBA game though there in a completely diferent style to mainline entries. I fond SRPGS a bit of a slog depending on the game so I'll wait for impressions.

I just beat Trails in the Sky SC. It took me forever to get into the first one but once this series gets its teeth into you its really engaging. I'm struggling not to buy the 3rd straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

It's not gratuitous or anything, they did a great job of making it not nice to watch. The actor as well was a little too good in the role :)

episode 10 was though to be fair, ive seen my share of anime but it had me flinching

• Registered Users Posts: 7,532 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Final Fantasy IX now available on ps4

Final Fantasy IX now available on ps4

I know not many people care but just looked at the trophy list and it looks really hard.

Is it the same kind of shite that 7 had as trophys?
    99999999999 gil my arse:mad:

• Advertisement

Is it the same kind of shite that 7 had as trophys?
    99999999999 gil my arse:mad:

No way harder, "skip 1000 time without falling" "complete the game in 12hrs"

I hope they fixed the issues with the PC version. It's converted from the mobile version so the backgrounds are way too bright.

I know not many people care but just looked at the trophy list and it looks really hard.

:mad: and from memory (guide back in the day) the reward is poo for the jump rope one.

Real time sink for 100% in this. Looking at the numbers on steam 4.3% have killed 1000 enemies, 0.5% have killed 10k

Still itching to replay it, one of my all time favourites. I'd say I wish it was backward compatible but I lost one of the discs.

I'll wait until it's half of what they are looking for it though and see what the port is like I think.

Still itching to replay it, one of my all time favourites.

Same here, haven't played it since I first finished it in 04, also Kuja has some bad ass music.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Went from using the FF7 PlayStation theme to the FF9 and it's mostly just for the music in each.

€21 for it, jaysus SE, really going for the thief theme

€21 for it, jaysus SE, really going for the thief theme

Got it for less with a PlayStation plus sub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

What's the story with VIII? Is there any talk of a remaster or are they keeping quiet/possible remake in the works?

What's the story with VIII? Is there any talk of a remaster or are they keeping quiet/possible remake in the works?

Sony have their event December 9 to 10, Square said something about more being shown there last E3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Just finished Persona 5.
    Was thinking of starting Tokyo Mirage sometime (not right now), worth playing? I haven't heard much or remember it lol

Advertisement