Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canal cycle route outside the Barge pub full of glass

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

its one cycle path/way I never use, the road is ok, no busses and not much in the way of HGV's etc.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

And there we go, right on schedule. It was perfectly clear this morning, and yet this evening coming home, there's a generous sprinkling of broken glass in the gutters on both sides. I guess whatever was on the actual track had been swept off in many cyclists' tyres.

There's definitely something going on here.

Forgive the photo quality. It's quite difficult to get shots of broken glass in the dark, either with or without flash.

471278.jpg
    471279.jpg
    471280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

I walk that route every weekday. On the way home in the evening, I would see people drinking on the canal between the Leeson Street bridge and the bridge just before the Barge at least twice a week, regardless if it's winter or summer

It is why we urgently need a deposit on bottles and cans, if it cost them 50c to break a glass bottle they might think twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I walk that route every weekday. On the way home in the evening, I would see people drinking on the canal between the Leeson Street bridge and the bridge just before the Barge at least twice a week, regardless if it's winter or summer

Not at this end, you don't. There is a guy living in a tent up opposite the Hilton Hotel, and I've occasionally seen people up that end, or up at Harcourt Terrace.

But not at this end. There is literally nowhere to hang out. Just the boardwalk-style path, which as you know, gets very, very busy during rush hour.

471281.jpg

Advertisement