Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst city in Ireland

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mouth of the South

Cork and Galway- nice
    Waterford and Limerick - nice people, but kips
    Dublin- kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

For gigs and general stuff to do, Limerick is probably the worst

Dublin being the best in that regard

Strongly disagree about Limerick being bad for gigs, there's a surprising amount of really really good stuff goes on down in Limerick. There's two really cool weekends lined up over the next month or two (i'm not involved in either)

http://www.facebook.com/events/313791878704710/

Bump! Music, Media and Electronic Arts Conference
    Bump!, native to Limerick city, is currently entering its third year of operation. Through bringing the most cutting edge and influential artists from both Ireland and abroad to the city, Bump! has garnered the reputation as “Irelands best left-field electronic music festival”

After engaging with people over the past two years in a venue outside of the city itself, now, by incorporating numerous artistic forms into the event programme and spreading it across the many venues that Limerick has to offer it is our goal to re-engage and reinvigorate people towards that which the city has to offer.

This new format brings with it an array of new possibilities and exciting event concepts. As opposed to taking place in one venue over 3 days, Bump! 2012 will feature in up to ten venues throughout the city centre. Singular events over the weekend will feature workshops, lectures, exclusive movie screenings and gigs featuring local, national and international artists. In keeping with the idea of regeneration there will be a special visual arts showcase involving the mapping of an iconic city centre building in which 3D visuals will be projected on to it, transforming the building like Limerick city has never seen before.

The ethos of BUMP! is of community involvement, self-enablement and broader exposure for the music, arts and culture of the city both nationally and internationally. In order to further develop a comprehensive and integrated cultural offering and increase the profile of the city as a visitor destination. Bump! wishes to stage an event that will support tourism, culture, heritage and the arts in a bold and innovative way and by doing so will place Limerick in the positive light with which it deserves and is long overdue.

Then in July there's the Make A Move festival showcasing Irish Hip Hop and street culture.

http://www.facebook.com/makeamovelimerick

Metal heads have the regular "Walls of Limerick" events, for clubs the Macronite collective do amazing work as well.

I've DJ'ed in Limerick a few times now and I can honestly say it's always a pleasure and a privilege to get down there, lovely crowd of people altogether. I'd say it's my second favourite place after Dublin where I live.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bridget84

Limerick by far. Everyone is aggro, the women, the men, the kids! I like Cork and Galway.

That's some generalisation.

Have only been in Linerick briefly so can't comment. Cork is grand. Love Dublin but Galway is by far my favourite place. Went for the first time last August to the AH beers and have been back a few times since. Going back in two weeks for another boards beers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Every city in Ireland has its downsides

People will vote Dublin because is has scumbags and junkies everywhere.

People vote Limerick because it has a large gang problem, bad neighborhoods gets a lot of bad press in the media.

I dont know much about Galway but it seems more popular than everywhere else, but to be honest it doesnt sound too great with all its travellers. Or at least thats what I hear.

Cork - Don't know really. stupid accent? :pac:

Waterford - High unemployment rate & people see the old factory and hotel on the north quay and immediately judge it on that.

Kilkenny (dont care what it is) - Disliked because its small...or something

Pretty much everyone from Dublin is going to vote another city as the worst. Everyone outside Dublin is probably going to vote for Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement