Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lipotrim (Go ahead eviscerate me)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 studentcork

hey for what its worth I went on lipotrim a year and a half ago for 4 and a half months and lost 5 stone and so far have kept it all off. It does require a lot of work to keep the weight off but there is a serious amount of motivation to continue to fit into the smaller clothes. The only side effect I noticed when I was on the diet was my hair thinned. Its back to normal now but at the time I really didn't care what way my hair was once the weight was going!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

hey for what its worth I went on lipotrim a year and a half ago for 4 and a half months and lost 5 stone and so far have kept it all off. It does require a lot of work to keep the weight off but there is a serious amount of motivation to continue to fit into the smaller clothes. The only side effect I noticed when I was on the diet was my hair thinned. Its back to normal now but at the time I really didn't care what way my hair was once the weight was going!

Hi, out of curiosity could you please post up your current diet and exercise regime please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

One thing which hasn't been mentioned amongst all the stories here is the effect the rapid loss has on your skin. I have a very overweight friend who did the programme and was losing about 10 pounds a week for 2 months before piling it back on like everyone else once he finished. Because he wasn't excercising and toning he was left with disgusting flaps of skin which probably could only have been removed with surgery. In the event he 'filled' them back in anyway but his torso looks like he's had 15 kids with all the stretch marks and disfigurements. Slow and steady is the only way folks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

thought the L word would be banned on this forum by now.

I did it back in early 2008 and while it worked at the time and set me on the road of self-discipline, it was a bad decision. 400 calories a day just isn't a good idea. still though, i'm kinda proud i managed to 'keep it off'. i must be in the minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

From what I've read , all the nasty toxins and chemicals stored that can be stored in the fatty tissue can be rapidly excreted into the body if you lose weight too quickly. ( There was also an episode of House about this). If you lose weight at a slower pace it gives your body a chance to flush these out rather than getting a large dose.

Think about how long it's taken you to put on that weight. Even if it takes you a year or two with exercise and healthy diet to reach a sustainable healthy weight isn't that better than poisoning and malnourishing yourself for a quick fix?

• Advertisement
Advertisement