Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lipotrim (Go ahead eviscerate me)

Options
  • 24-05-2012 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Ive read some of the previous Threads, not every post unfortunately, but I've decided to do this diet anyway as it worked for some People I know (cliché huh).

One of the interesting things i read on the other threads, all of which seem to be closed which even if you don't agree with it seems unfair as I think people should be allowed to ask questions about it, if only so they can be informed. anyway something suggested by someone anti-lipotrim was that it would be interesting to see someone talk about the diet as they go through it (and after of course).
    I will try and update with what i think is relevant might be weekly might be daily I don't know just any changes etc.
    I have been relatively healthy doing exercise and eating well for a month now losing a pound or so a week (I know its not just weight that's important but its the easiest to convey). It could take me about a year to hit my target weight and according to some estimates (and face to face recommendations) lipotrim will take a few months.

I know its only half the battle to lose it the real trick is keeping it off but i have seen in some people that what it is really good for is giving confidence and a jump start on (eventually) being healthy.

I dont think lipotrim is the answer to losing a stone or even two but i need to lose 4 stone (maybe more) and if this can get me down to a weight that gives me the confidence to continue to lose weight in a healthier way then thats ok in my book.

Height: 6ft
    Starting weight: 18st 7
    Goal (after everything settles down and i am living normally): 14st (maybe less, maybe more, depends how I look and feel)

If anyone can think of a better way for me to convey my progress I'm open to suggestions. I know weight is highly misleading but I do own a weighing scales :rolleyes:.
    Also for the love of God lets try and keep civil I saw some very mean things written by both sides on other threads.
    I'm scientific by nature so if anyone has any experiment suggestions (I heard comparative weight lifting suggested) I'm open to give it a try.

So fire away!:eek:
    -Ducks for cover-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

I'll try to sum it up as easy as i can

1. Diets that arent sustainable wont work

2. All it take is alot of Clean food and alot of hard work

3. Any diet that has a name like lipotrim, weightwatchers,unslim etc are mostly gimmicks

educate yourself a little , stick to real clean food and execise more...there is no magic diet thats going to make the weight fall off AND keep it off.....it requires a lifestyle change....It's all down to how hard your willing to work, and more importantly how much you want it..if you go into a diet with a half hearted attempt..then you'll get a half hearted result!!!

best of luck...theres some great people on here that are absolutelty outstaning at giving tips!! im sure if you read you'll see what I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Those threads were closed as the spirit of this forum was agreed that life long sustainable habits are what real nutrition and health is all about, rahter than meal replacements which cause fast amounts to go off very quickly.

The stickied threads here have lots of great information. It can be done OP. I myself lost 6 stone years back and while I know you want to lose it fast, the weight also didnt go on overnight. By taking time to do it right, you ingrain yourself with habits. Going for the quick fix only in grains you with a habit to go back to lipotrim in the future for another quick fix loss.

All the best OP

All the best OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

OP I don't know a single person Lipotrim has worked for long term, and I include some VERY vociferous defenders of said product in that statement, well, they were, they are mostly quiet now. As already said, it is an unsustainable and frankly unpleasant starvation diet that does little to address why you are at the weight you are at or how best to change it. To a man/woman everyone I know who attempted it piled the weight back on as soon as they stopped and more in some cases. This is why people are highly critical of it. You say you're of a scientific mind; excellent, then consider the evidence and avoid this product. A slow steady weight loss might not have the dramatic effect you desire, but you can be sure it will be for your benefit in the long run.
    Best to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

If you've read up about it then you've read about the surprise orange poops, the surprise being you can't be sure when they'll appear, and you still want to try it:confused:
    a jump start on (eventually) being healthy
    You can't jump start being healthy with something that's unhealthy.

If you really want to have a place where people can see someone talk about the diet as they go through it, a blog would be much better than boards.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I will try and update with what i think is relevant might be weekly might be daily I don't know just any changes etc.
    And remember that food diaries arent allowed here either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I know a Cambridge rep, she's on it for the 5th time, says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DeftestFianna

Ok fine I wont post anything but guess what people out there are doing this, why not allow discussion if only to inform others? Instead lets just ignore it that seems like a WAY better idea. If you're right I'll make this mistake along with many more people and all without a proper thread documenting how bad an idea this is (if it is). Lets just ignore it and hope it goes away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Ok fine I wont post anything but guess what people out there are doing this, why not allow discussion if only to inform others? Instead lets just ignore it that seems like a WAY better idea. If you're right I'll make this mistake along with many more people and all without a proper thread documenting how bad an idea this is (if it is). Lets just ignore it and hope it goes away.

I hate to say it, but your attitude is typical of the average lipotrim-r.

It's great that you're trying to make positive changes, but don't expect people who know better to support or rubber stamp a damaging approach that is pretty much 100% doomed to long term failure.

In all seriousness, if you want a pat on the back there's forums for it. But if you want to make a change, a REAL change, you should take the advice here on board.

Very simply, it's not a good idea. It's a terrible idea. The reasons have been outlined again and again. There's no discussion beyond that. The results have been documented elsewhere - all it delivers is failure.

If you decide to plough on, good luck. But for your own sake consider eating some humble pie before drinking a lipotrim shake and explore some better sustainable options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mullan1983

best of luck with it:):)

Hanley wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but your attitude is typical of the average lipotrim-r.

Generalisations are fun
    It's great that you're trying to make positive changes, but don't expect people who know better to support or rubber stamp a damaging approach that is pretty much 100% doomed to long term failure.

Did I ask you to rubber stamp it? Did I ask for approval? No, I am my own man just as you are your own man, all I'm saying is you can ignore it or allow someone to document their experiences some of the people that are so vociferous against it dont seem to even under-stand what's involved. One even called the shakes "Pills" (he edited his post but it just shows that maybe some information is needed).
    In all seriousness, if you want a pat on the back there's forums for it. But if you want to make a change, a REAL change, you should take the advice here on board.

Talk about patronisation :rolleyes:
    Very simply, it's not a good idea. It's a terrible idea. The reasons have been outlined again and again. There's no discussion beyond that. The results have been documented elsewhere - all it delivers is failure.

Ok but as I said people do it so surely discussion couldn't hurt
    If you decide to plough on, good luck. But for your own sake consider eating some humble pie before drinking a lipotrim shake and explore some better sustainable options.

Humble pie? I don't think I've been arrogant about it i concur that healthy Diet and exercise is best but i think lipotrim can be a great help in serious cases. Some people just don't have the patience to lose a pound a week for a number of years. What about them? Should they just be fat forever? would you be happier then?
    Mullan1983 wrote: »
    best of luck with it:):)

Thanks! I may be ignorant, I may be an a*****e but at least some people can still be nice and say good luck. Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

6 people so far have said it's no good. Why would you think in the HEALTH and FITNESS forum people want to discuss something they know has nothing to do with health and fitness?? We say don't do it, you say you're going to anyway....

Getting fit and healthy is a lifestyle change, it's not just for xmas. Stripping your body of muscle mass and slowing your metabolism to a crawl (which is what Lipotrim will do along with the fat loss) is simply not healthy nor any kind of a start to longterm weightloss.

If you can't exercise or eat properly now what makes you think you will do so when off the lipotrim diet? Trust me on this one, being skinny isn't as big a motivator as you might think.

Anyway you can put me down as number 7 against.

(btw, no point getting touchy, you did say to go ahead and eviscerate you in the thread title :) )

6 people so far have said it's no good. Why would you think in the HEALTH and FITNESS forum people want to discuss something they know has nothing to do with health and fitness?? We say don't do it, you say you're going to anyway....

Getting fit and healthy is a lifestyle change, it's not just for xmas. Stripping your body of muscle mass and slowing your metabolism to a crawl (which is what Lipotrim will do along with the fat loss) is simply not healthy nor any kind of a start to longterm weightloss.

If you can't exercise or eat properly now what makes you think you will do so when off the lipotrim diet? Trust me on this one, being skinny isn't as big a motivator as you might think.

Anyway you can put me down as number 7 against.

(btw, no point getting touchy, you did say to go ahead and eviscerate you in the thread title :) )

I understand that people don't want to hear about it, which is why I said I will not carry through on my plan to comment day by day (or weekly or whenever).

I'm now just stating my opinion that a conversation on the topic could only educate people and if I fail then that at least it is something concrete for people to show in order to prevent people doing it again.

But right now people seem content to say "It doesn't work" and then wipe their hands of the issue. People will still do it. you might not like it but people will still do it. In my opinion if it works then this thread could have given people an idea of how best to make it work. If it doesn't work then this thread could be a warning.
    But it sounds like a great idea to just ignore something that is supposedly so bad :rolleyes:

Also as I said I have been dieting and exercising well, I am just becoming frustrated at the slow pace of the progress and feel myself starting to lose faith. Maybe that makes me weak and maybe I should stay fat forever because I lack the patience to spend years losing my weight. If so then I will but I cannot do it at this pace.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Far from trying to eviscerate you, people here are trying to prevent you making a mistake. Right now you are making progress and doing things right. Slow is good because you will sustain that. This forum has had threads on this (and food diaries) before. They are magnets for trouble and poor nutritional habits, which is why they are discouraged.

Quite apart from the stats on lipotrim, I've seen the real life failures, people who have lost half their body weight who are now back to a larger size than they began with a year or two later. Crash diets do not work long term because they do not alter your lifestyle long term. It is naive to think you are the one that this won't happen to.

Generalisations are fun

Yet by their very nature, are usually correct!!
    Did I ask you to rubber stamp it? Did I ask for approval? No, I am my own man just as you are your own man, all I'm saying is you can ignore it or allow someone to document their experiences some of the people that are so vociferous against it dont seem to even under-stand what's involved. One even called the shakes "Pills" (he edited his post but it just shows that maybe some information is needed).

It's a VLCD, there's no more to understand. All very low calorie diets essentially end up at the same point.

It's been documented multiple times. It doesn't work. You're the same as everyone else, it won't work for you either. Honestly. I'm not saying any of this to put you down.

Ok but as I said people do it so surely discussion couldn't hurt

What discussion do you want, be REALLY specific here, because if you just want to talk about how you're doing it without actually listening to other people, well, that's not a discussion is it?
    Humble pie? I don't think I've been arrogant about it i concur that healthy Diet and exercise is best but i think lipotrim can be a great help in serious cases. Some people just don't have the patience to lose a pound a week for a number of years. What about them? Should they just be fat forever? would you be happier then?

It takes a long time to get fat. You don't lose it over night. If you've gotten to that point, you've probably made a ton of bad choices and eventually just need to sack up and accept where you are, and that there are ways to get back onto the road to a healthier life.

It's not a question of happiness. You seem to think lipotrim will solve your problem. It won't. Would you be "happier" if 12 months from now you were 100lb lighter and eating and moving well, or the exact same weight, or possibly even higher and still eating the same crap?

Lipotrim is the root to the latter.

And the 2lb a week think is bullsh*t, you can easily drop 4-5x that in the first 10-14 days as a result of "debloating" which gives you a nice kickstart and puts people on the right road.
    Thanks! I may be ignorant, I may be an a*****e but at least some people can still be nice and say good luck. Thank you

That's lke someone saying they want to drive off a cliff because they think it might be cool. You could have someone give you a pat on the back and wish you luck, or try and stop you. Who would be the better person?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭cmyk

But right now people seem content to say "It doesn't work" and then wipe their hands of the issue. People will still do it. you might not like it but people will still do it. In my opinion if it works then this thread could have given people an idea of how best to make it work. If it doesn't work then this thread could be a warning.
    But it sounds like a great idea to just ignore something that is supposedly so bad :rolleyes:

Here's a bit of real world experience for you. Where I freelance early morning we have had two clients on this. I'd like to state first off it's certainly not recommended by us, this was a decision by both clients, neither of which I look after directly so i'll try to get you some more information on progress.

I have however trained one of the girls that's doing this, so i'll go from this. It's worth noting she is quite a bit heavier than you and also shorter.

First off, and this hasn't been mentioned but don't underestimate the psychological effect of little or no food passing your mouth it nearly takes more of an effort than 'regular' dieting. She was managing to stick to this generally well mon-friday, but caved at the weekends and social situations, ultimately regaining the weight she'd lost during the week. (A lot of which is water fluctuations)

She had very little energy to train, she was/is quite obese but her work capacity dropped off enormously. Compare this with someone who's dieting but timing their meals to take advantage of their sessions and you'll see much better results, both short term and long term. There's also a financial element to this too, as she was practically wasting money paying for sessions. I realise this doesn't apply to you but it's worth considering.

Looking back at my notes here, the last time I trained her was the 5th March, she had been on the lipotrim for 2 weeks and had dropped just under a stone the first and the following week was no change due to already slipping into the cycle mentioned above.

Though I haven't trained her, I have seen her in the building and there have been no dramatic changes at all, that's in nearly 3 months. As I said I will talk to her trainer and find out more information, but I suspect she's stuck in that diet-binge cycle.

It's also worth noting that we have a part-time in house GP that monitors and checks the clients regularly, but I'm pretty sure it's done through your GP anyhow so you'll have regular checks.

I won't put up any comparisons with 'regular dieting' as this will read too much like an advert, but suffice to say it echoes a lot of what others have said before, with results not just in total weight lost, but body composition and maintenance much better too.

My 2c is to find a decent trainer in your area, sit down and explain what you'd like to achieve, set both short term and long term targets and maybe even get them to right you a diet plan. Lipotrim is not the easy option, there are no easy options. Hard work and consistency in either route is what it will take.

Good luck with it and I'd certainly be interested to see how you get on either way.

I dont think this will be easy in fact i think it will probably be harder than regular dieting.

I dont think im "cool" or anything else like that. I just felt that whatever way this goes for me it might help someone else to read about my experiences.

I understand that lots of you people know of many failure stories (as do I). But i can assure you i know just as many failure stories from every type of weight loss. But I have seen this treatment work for (quite a few) people too and i feel I have the determination right now to make it work.

Let me tell some of you people a story: A cousin of mine was the first person i know who used lipotrim. He lost about 6/7 stone in a matter of months. When he came off the lipotrim he regained about a stone in Water, Glycogen and some fat. He then used gym work and a correct Diet to lose a little more and can now play soccer every weekend and is a much happier person (a number of YEARS later). When you ask him about it he doesn't call it an easy way. He emphasises that the re-feeding requires some immense will-power but it was him who inspired me to make this choice and he is already preparing a diet plan for me for when i come off this (He still has the one he followed when he came off). Now you can say what you want to me through a computer but this is a person i meet almost weekly and have done my entire life and when I look at the results he got I know it IS possible. After his results many others i know tried to copy his success story. Some succeeded, some failed but that can happen with all types of weight loss. But from what i can see its the same deal every time you get out what you put in (especially at the end) and some people do unfortunately view it as "easy".

I've responded quite frequently to this thread but honestly I'm just gonna try to do this alone now (i never expected support but i thought it might help to verbalise my efforts a bit) i might reply if I feel like it but I'm not gonna feel such a need to defend myself anymore. Sorry if I disrupted your lives in any way. I AM doing this I Do believe it will work and to the people who said good luck (even those who meant it in terms of me making the "right" decision) thank you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

I would have no interest in hearing how your diet is going but would be keen to know what happens when you stop.

Obviously I know the answer already!

OP when you finish this stupid diet, and fail, PLEASE don't forget to come back to this thread and re-read everything that has been said to you by all those people who know better, much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Leax

Doing Lipotrim sounds like hard work and very restrictive, and as you say you know yourself it's not a long term solution.
    Given that you are willing to go to the lengths that a Lipotrim course requires, would you consider postponing it a month and first doing a Whole 30 and seeing how you feel? If you follow it faithfully I imagine you'll be the guts of a stone down and feeling very good at which point you can add back in a few of the restricted foods in moderation and maintain weight loss. There is an absolute world of difference in the potential lifetime health gains of leaning out that way rather than with Lipotrim. Worth a month to see surely.
    http://whole9life.com/2012/01/whole-30-v2012/

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fitseeker

Both my brother and my mother have tried lipotrim.. multiple times. My mother has been on it at least four seperate times, maybe more, and my brother has been on it twice. They see rapid losses, sometimes 5-6 lbs in a week for a while, but without fail they have ruined their progress every time afterward. I was overweight last summer, I considered trying lipotrim aswell, but seeing it fail I decided to join the gym and track calories. It's been slow, but steady and I've lost over four and a half stone. I'm now very lean and about to start my first bulk session, feeling great about myself. I'm not going to rip the diet apart or tell you how bad it is, all I can say is that everybody close to me who has tried it, has ended up in a worse position (my brother has lost alot of lean mass and has put back on all the weight in fat), I on the other hand have never looked better, and know exactly how/what to eat to improve my physique even further. The main thing you need to lose weight (fat) is PATIENCE. You might not achieve the physique you want this summer, but if you take it slow and educate yourself along the way you can have the physique you want the following summer, and every season after that for the rest of your life.

Best of luck OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

OP You seem to think that everyone here is against you...far from the case
    but truth is truth and lipotrim fails on so many levels most people here couldnt be bothered even beginning to write up a list. There are far more sustainable and EASIER methods than putting yourself through the hassle of lipotrim

IN SHORT

1. Eat clean : majority of food should comprise of food that is ingredients :not food which contains ingredients

2. Hit the gym : lift weights and do cardio . no excusese no if's no but's

3. Give yourself an attitude adjustment : People are here to give advice and help out.....you seem to have the notion that lipotrim works regardless...theres 100's of people on here willing to say different......some of the people on here such as Hanley & Transform are personal trainers and quite educated on the matter of nutrition will not give you bad advice...LISTEN TO THEM.....and listen to the rest of us when we give you advice....we have strived to meet our goals and majority of us have...picking up an adequate amount of information regarding weight loss and nutrition as both a direct and indirect result..

If you pay attention and listen to whats being said you'll learn something....this thread poses the following question.....do you want to achieve your goals???...if so get into listeing mode because no-one around here charges for advice........or are you willing to let some gimmick diet capture you imagination, which will almost certainly end up with you back here at square one!!!..Choice is your OP..:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Yurt15

Iv done lipotrim before. Started again today, weighing 6kg lighter than when I stopped the total food replacement. If you eat a well balanced diet when you are finished you won't put the weight back on. I stopped lipotrim 18months ago. I want to lose a bit more weight, I will do this and then I will watch my calorie intake to stay at my goal weight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Yurt15 wrote: »
    Iv done lipotrim before. Started again today, weighing 6kg lighter than when I stopped the total food replacement.

Does that mean you put back on some of the weight you lost or did you lose 6kg in total?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Yurt15

I lost 4 stone on the lipotrim 18months ago in 12 weeks. Iv lost a further 6kg since then (I don't know what KGs is in lbs). I say I put on about a stone after I finished because I didn't refeed correctly (I went on holidays) but i lost that stone again and a further 6kg on top of it.

I say if you have the motivation & willpower to do a no-food-diet like Lipotrim or Cambridge why not do a paleo challenge like the Whole30 that would actually improve your health.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

Or..if ya have the cash you could do the ol T-nation velocity diet...if its good enough for Dan John..its good enough for me and you:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Antisocialiser

Eviscerate is the word of the day. Go ahead. Use it in a sentence.

knowledge-is-power-41.jpg

Lipotrim will eviscerate your health and your wallet

:D

I say if you have the motivation & willpower to do a no-food-diet like Lipotrim or Cambridge why not do a paleo challenge like the Whole30 that would actually improve your health.

Because that's a lot of effort. As punitive and exclusionary lipotrim is, it's "easy" to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Evisceration Plague is in my squatting playlist.

What do I win?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

OP your making a classic error of looking for confirmation for a decision you have already made. The reason these diets work (are easily accepted) is because they are "easy". This notion that you will loose the first bit and then eat health is a nonsense. The first 2 stone are the easy ones to loose, its the next two that require the discipline.

Any change you make that is not sustainable is doomed. I know several people who tried this and other diets, lost enough weight for others to notice and then put it all back on, why.... because they didn't change anything in their life. Cutting things out and taking supplements is easy. Its eating the right foods and exercise that's hard, and its the hard things that last.

I myself recently lost more than 3 stone of fat in 4 months. I train my arse off 5 days a week, I sprint up and down infront of my house the other days. I eat more than I have every eaten in my life, but all good quality foods and no junk, I also quit drinking. These were hard changes that required me to change my life.

I have noticed on this forum that the advice is very consistent. And it comes from people who have achieved result and some serious athletes. The advice is consistent here and on other forum and internet sites, why because its true. If you ignore it, or want a yes man to tell you that you are doing a good thing then be prepared to be fatter, and unhappier than ever in 6 months.

Wanting a discussion on something that is not good until somebody tells you what you want to hear is a symptom of why you are overweight. I had to face up to the hard truths about my lifestyle and those truths are not that I needed to take lipotrim or starve myself. Best of luck, make a good decision.

Advertisement