Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fleaflicker Invitational

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Sorry, was away all day. Moved the Panthers on and used my pick, so Oh Look and Eagle! is on the clock....

Jamaal Charles picked.. padji1 pm'ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

RBs really dry up fast. Mad, considering the depth at WR and TE this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

RBs really dry up fast. Mad, considering the depth at WR and TE this year.

I think that's the point. Plenty of depth at WR and TE so RB's become more premium and are taken quicker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I think that's the point. Plenty of depth at WR and TE so RB's become more premium and are taken quicker

That was my strategy at the start too many leagues last year got caught out short with my starting backs going down and being too low on waiver to pick up their replacements leaving me scraping points where WR/TE were always handy finding ample replacements for. Besides with the RB/WR you can go 3 RB or 3 WR on your starting depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

CoachTO wrote: »
    That was my strategy at the start too many leagues last year got caught out short with my starting backs going down and being too low on waiver to pick up their replacements leaving me scraping points where WR/TE were always handy finding ample replacements for. Besides with the RB/WR you can go 3 RB or 3 WR on your starting depth.

I noticed you were on the same strategy as me alright, get 3 very good starting backs with first 3 picks and worry about the rest after! Quite happy with McCoy, Richardson and Bradshaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,943 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Those Dillon Panthers are holding the show up again. I think he is well over 24 hours again.

Moved him on, sorry guys.

4thandforever is on the clock.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'll make my pick when I get home this evening, Flea flicker is blocked in work...

Moved him on, sorry guys.

4thandforever is on the clock.

Is that twice now you've made the pick for Dillon Panthers?

TBH I'd look at finding a replacement if there is a similar hold-up for his next pick.

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Is that twice now you've made the pick for Dillon Panthers?

TBH I'd look at finding a replacement if there is a similar hold-up for his next pick.

Yeah I would agree. Whatever about missing a short draft how does one miss picks with 24 hour time allowed on the clock.

Yeah it is, and I've been mad busy the past few days so haven't been on the ball with the 24 hour time max. I'll shoot him a PM later and if he doesn't reply I'll go about replacing him.

Is everyone getting the emails when picks are made?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah it is, and I've been mad busy the past few days so haven't been on the ball with the 24 hour time max. I'll shoot him a PM later and if he doesn't reply I'll go about replacing him.

Is everyone getting the emails when picks are made?

I get the emails alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Padji1

I've changed my team name to the Bolts, dunno how I didn't think of that on Day 1!
    Accidentally did my 3rd and 4th round picks on Monday night after being on the beer for 2 days, bad call!

Accordingly, I'd like to trade up back up in the 4th or early 5th. I'll give my 2012 5th and 7th and next year's 5th?

Just selected Frank Gore, hope Jacobs doesn't take all his td's away ...

Ball So Hard University is up next

Padji1 wrote: »
    I've changed my team name to the Bolts, dunno how I didn't think of that on Day 1!
    Accidentally did my 3rd and 4th round picks on Monday night after being on the beer for 2 days, bad call!

Accordingly, I'd like to trade up back up in the 4th or early 5th. I'll give my 2012 5th and 7th and next year's 5th?

All that for a 5th round pick?

• Advertisement

All that for a 5th round pick?
    Was just about to post something similar. I won't veto but I think you are giving up too much and should reconsider.

Don't have any real qualms with the trade considering he's moving up 9 spots but can see that it's a hefty bid!

If four more people veto the trade is cancelled.

Is next years draft just for rookies?

adrian522 wrote: »
    Is next years draft just for rookies?

No, we'll all get to keep 4 players from our team at the end of the season, with the remaining players joining the 2013 rookies in the draft pool.

So effectively there will be 48 players already assigned to teams before the draft and all other players available to draft.

In that case the trade isn't too bad as fifth round next year isn't worth nearly as much as a fifth round this year.

• Advertisement

In that case the trade isn't too bad as fifth round next year isn't worth nearly as much as a fifth round this year.

True that I actually thought it was a rookies only draft next season :D Really should read the OP on these things when I sign up.

Will I exectute the trade then? Only 2/5 vetoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Yeah I would agree. Whatever about missing a short draft how does one miss picks with 24 hour time allowed on the clock.

Your laptop charger breaking on a bank holiday weekend that's how. Got it to the repair shop on Tuesday and only got it back less than an hour ago.

Pretty annoyed as the two picks I ended up with couldn't of been further from what I'd actually have gone with.

Sorry guys.

Your laptop charger breaking on a bank holiday weekend that's how. Got it to the repair shop on Tuesday and only got it back less than an hour ago.

Pretty annoyed as the two picks I ended up with couldn't of been further from what I'd actually have gone with.

Sorry guys.

Sorry to hear that and my apologies for sounding like a d1ckhead. Tis frustrating waiting on picks in this type of draft and im not very patient at all :D

Ball Hard Uni is up before me now and if he doesnt hurry up im sending the heavies round his house to tell him whats for. :D

Just selected Frank Gore, hope Jacobs doesn't take all his td's away ...

Ball So Hard University is up next

Ball So Hard Uni now on the clock 32 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Ball So Hard Uni now on the clock 32 hours.

My bad, pick made

Eagle Eye is up

Hulk_Hands is up now.

I pm'd Hulk last night when I picked so he is gone over 24 hours now.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I pm'd Hulk last night when I picked so he is gone over 24 hours now.

Approaching 72 hours now :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Is there no way ye can set a timer on that fleaflicker site?

Jesus, I really screwed myself up with my (lack of a) RB pick.
    Really struggling for a proven starter now, was hoping I'd nick Reggie Bush by trading up.
    A bit more research is needed and i'll pick this evening

Hulk Hands is in Poland so he'll be on autopick.

Tough decision but went with Beanie Wells. Of the remaining RBs, he had the second highest score for last year and is more or less guaranteed to be Arizona's No. 1 back next season.

Took twice as many carries as 2011 with 245 and, with their problems at QB, hopefully he'll be getting plenty of touches and his injury worries from last year are behind him.

Hulk's up again so can the commish do the needful.

How long does autopick take on this thing? Hulk is still on the clock.

Pick made, pm sent to Mr Guappa.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Pick made, pm sent to Mr Guappa.

Picked Demaryius Thomas. I'll PM pudsy now.

I made my pick this morning. Not sure who is on next as the site is blocked in work.

For the record I picked Dez Bryant.

Hulk Hands is in Poland so he'll be on autopick.

If I send you a list can you make my picks? I will pick my next one myself well hopefully it gets to me before tomorrow morning. If not I will send you a big wish list and you can pick off it. Im away in the morning and even though Im going to the US im staying down on the cape for a few days in an old house with no technology and no neighbours whos wifi I can jump on :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Dillon panthers are up

Can do, PM or do you want my email?

Oh Look An Eagle is up!

Oh Look An Eagle is up!
    Kenny Britt picked. Arawn PM'ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Padji is up will pm him now

Roy Helu picked. Options at RB pretty scarce.
    Mr. Guappa PM'd

• Advertisement

Roy Helu picked. Options at RB pretty scarce.
    Mr. Guappa PM'd

Antonio Gates picked. Eire Dearg PM'ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

What's with not getting 24hours??

What's with not getting 24hours??
    For which pick? You're on the clock at the minute.

TO is off on his travels while Hulk Hands is in Poland so that's three people I've to make picks for. HH is on auto while TO has provided a list.

Edit: Just looked at the times again, looks like I misread the limit thought you were over 24 but you were only over 12. Sorry about that man :(

Happy to find Mike vick in the 6th round,

Pudsy is up next (PM sent)

Another one goes over the 24 hour mark.

• Advertisement
Advertisement