Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Fleaflicker Invitational

Options
  • 23-05-2012 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭

Here we go! Thanks everyone for joining, we now have 12 teams so let's get started. I did a random draw for the groups and blindly randomized the draft order 3 times and they are as followed:

Division 1
    1. West Dillon Cougars - Eire-Dearg
    2. Broughton Street Brawlers - Padji1
    3. Hulk's Hitters - Hulk_Hands
    4. Legends of Foxboro - Eagle Eye

Division 2
    1. Reavers - Arawn
    2. 4thandforever - adrian522
    3. The TO's - CoachTO
    4. Dillon Panthers - skeleton_boy

Division 3
    1. Ratoath Renegades - Xfire_Elect
    2. Oh Look An Eagle - Mr. Guappa
    3. Baa-Baas - barbarians73
    4. Balls So Hard University - pudsy33

Draft:

1. It's a snake draft, but from next year on will be an official NFL Draft style with the worst team picking first and the winners picking last.
    2. At the moment there is a maximum number of four keeper options.
    3. It's an email draft, so you will be notified after each draft pick. You have a max 24 hours to pick, which encourages research into each pick.

Trades:

You can offer trades involving players and draft picks, even future picks. If a trade is accepted it takes 24 hours to process UNLESS six people tell me they're cool with it, in which case I can process it immediately to speed things up. If five people veto the trade, it's automatically cancelled. This is unlikely however as poor trades will be rejected by the player.

Any changes on scoring, roster requirements, etc can be brought up and if there's a majority for it I can set it, there's plenty of time for that anyway.

So if everyone is ok I can kick-off the draft tonight, which would put Barbarians on the clock with the number one pick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Oops, wrong forum. If a kind mod could move this to the fantasy forum it'd be greatly appreciated :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

How does the draft work?

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Hi lads,

I want to trade out of the first overall pick, anybody interested P.M. me :)

No thanks Barbarian ;)
    Pudsy33 wrote: »
    How does the draft work?
    Log in and last along the top is 'Draft', there you can see the full draft list. All the players are under 'Players', obviously, where you have an option to draft them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Happy enough with third pick, be interesting who gets taken before i get my shot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Padji1

Seeing as I'm the last pick in the first round, I'm assuming I'm the reigning Flea Bowl champion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    3. It's an email draft, so you will be notified after each draft pick. You have a max 24 hours to pick, which encourages research into each pick.

Trades:

You can offer trades involving players and draft picks, even future picks. If a trade is accepted it takes 24 hours to process UNLESS six people tell me they're cool with it, in which case I can process it immediately to speed things up. If five people veto the trade, it's automatically cancelled. This is unlikely however as poor trades will be rejected by the player.

Ok i know im not in this league but i did notice this. If a player is on the clock his 24 hours starts as soon as the guy before him has picked. If he decides to trade out and accepts a trade offer while he is on the clock then the 24 hours he has to make his pick will expire before the 24 hours it takes to process the trade.

Most leagues like this operate a buyer beware policy when it comes to trades. It assumes that both parties know a bit about football and if you are dumb enough to accept a horribly one sided trade then you gotta live with it.

Ok i know im not in this league but i did notice this. If a player is on the clock his 24 hours starts as soon as the guy before him has picked. If he decides to trade out and accepts a trade offer while he is on the clock then the 24 hours he has to make his pick will expire before the 24 hours it takes to process the trade.

Most leagues like this operate a buyer beware policy when it comes to trades. It assumes that both parties know a bit about football and if you are dumb enough to accept a horribly one sided trade then you gotta live with it.

The 24 hrs a player gets to pick isn't set by the system, it's set by me as anything longer is just ridiculous and really slows down the draft. The 24 hrs it takes to process a trade is set by the system, so unless everyone is offline for 24 hours (unlikely) they can OK the trade and I can process it immediately. Everyone is emailed when the pick is made/trade is accepted, so things move along nicely.

Barbarians, I hope you're working on a mean trade because we're all waiting here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

I've decided to go it alone and use my 1st overall draft pick :)

I took Ray Rice and have sent a message to Xfire Elect telling him he's on the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Xfire Elect

I picked Arian Foster of the Texans. Arawn is up, I'll PM him

• Advertisement

I personally rank Foster #1 overall, very little between him and Rice though.

I've broken away from picking rb's first, took AR as I think the packers will have a better season this year and the man is pin point with his passes. Hulk hands is up next, ill pm him now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Selected McCoy. Had him second on my board behind Foster so happy enough. PM'ed EagleEye there

• Registered Users Posts: 37,665 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Took MJD. TO is up, I'll pm him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Chris Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Cam Newton, happy with that :cool: Adrian is next.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So much for 24 hours per pick ...

OK, Really wanted to take a RB but i think we are into the second tier now and even though I was tempted by Run DMC , I decided to go with megatron.

Passed on Brady and Brees, could yet regret that.

PM sent to skeleton_boy.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Cam Newton, happy with that :cool: Adrian is next.
    Big pick! I can't see it backfiring on you though, Cam is just too special.

adrian522 wrote: »
    So much for 24 hours per pick ...

OK, Really wanted to take a RB but i think we are into the second tier now and even though I was tempted by Run DMC , I decided to go with megatron.

Passed on Brady and Brees, could yet regret that.

PM sent to skeleton_boy.
    Bah had megatron as my second as who i really want for second probably wont make it back to me!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

no way he'll be hanging around till the second round in too many leagues.

• Advertisement

aye i know but one can hope! Will be amazed if my number 2 makes it to me

There goes brady and brees, Mr. Guppa is on the clock

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Pick made and padji1 PM'ed.

I'm open to offers for my #14 pick.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Pick made and padji1 PM'ed.

I'm open to offers for my #14 pick.

My 3rd and 5th round this year and 2nd and 3rd round next year

CoachTO wrote: »
    My 3rd and 5th round this year and 2nd and 3rd round next year

Mr Guappa has accepted this.

So he wont have a 2nd round pick this year but will have 2 in 3rd and 2 in 5th and then extra 2 next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

CoachTO wrote: »
    Mr Guappa has accepted this.

So he wont have a 2nd round pick this year but will have 2 in 3rd and 2 in 5th and then extra 2 next year.

I've proposed the trade there on fleaflicker so just double check to make sure I've it right.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I've proposed the trade there on fleaflicker so just double check to make sure I've it right.

I've accepted it there looks alright for sure. Pleasure doing business with you.

Assume everyone is cool with the trade so I can process it?

It's fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Padji1

Sounds ok to me.
    Coach TO is up now, yeah? I haven't PM'd yet as trade hasn't been approved. Trust this is ok?

Philip Rivers is the face of the Brawlers with the Gronk his No.1 target.

• Advertisement

When will it go through? As the pick is up and Mr. Guappa is still on the clock

Advertisement