Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Evil200km - 9th of June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭buffalo

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Lol.. I only put a fraction of my rides in Strava and I doubt we will be going for any records tomorrow!

The suffer score alone would be worth it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Stupid Garmin Noob question. If I set it up to navigate the route, does it automatically record my progress as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

No, you have to press the start button :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

which route is one your planning to do, i need to plan when i can cut out to get home for round 2pm.

colm_gti wrote: »
    That distance and altitude gain is a record in itself :eek:

Remember, if it's not on strava it didn't happen....

are you coming out now your knee is fixed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

manafana wrote: »

Is this event is sponsored by the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists?

If not, it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Best of luck to all dumb enough to do this. Hopefully the weather will add to the sense of epicness - it would only be fitting I feel.

Thankfully I haven't list complete leave of my senses and will be heading down the country to avoid this type of craziness.

As an aside, after both the WW200 and I Iveragh 200 last year (both held in 'soft day' conditions), I seriously contemplated given up cycling for ever.

Hope ye all make it back reasonably healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Haha nope, can't dedicate that sort of time to a spin tomorrow, have to come in to college to finish off some work, so I'll be heading out for the club spin in the morning and hopefully back around lunchtime. I'm sure we may cross paths with the loopers doing this at some stage though, so I hope ye're all wearing your boards gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

I'll defo be there regardless of weather, but only for as long as I can keep up (and not get lost), and at that I'm more likely to head home after Laragh (first time passing).

Are boards jerseys order of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

im throwing the route onto the garmin later on, but i still reckon ill get lost. re cycling through floods, my bikes waterproof :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

So it was decided we are meeting at 7.45am for an 8am start?

Inquitus wrote: »
    So it was decided we are meeting at 7.45am for an 8am start?

Yeap!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/County_Wicklow~2960935/hour_by_hour.html

Looking good for tomorrow.
    In. For a few anyway. :pac::pac:

looking forward to this!

i think i better download the map as bound get lose, is the one linked earlier still one been used, im going be shocking no doubt (making excuses for being dropped early)

That's the one manafana: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1278238

Rain has almost died, wind is quite strong at the moment but hopefully it will much better in the morning.

thanks astra,

forecast 2moro says their will be winds of 25-30km p/h

wheres yer optimism. its gonna be glorious!! astra, ill be over to you bout 7am. will you pm me your number in case i get lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭get on your bike

Fair play lads. That's a hellava route. Fingers crossed for the weather for yis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Lenny, will you have your mobile with you? I might give you a shout when I'm done with the Roundwood GP, 1.30/2 ish. If ye're in Laragh region at that stage I might join ye for the loop over the Wicklow Gap.

• Advertisement

Plastik wrote: »
    Lenny, will you have your mobile with you? I might give you a shout when I'm done with the Roundwood GP, 1.30/2 ish. If ye're in Laragh region at that stage I might join ye for the loop over the Wicklow Gap.

yeah, ill have the phone with me. Send me a text, and ill check it when i can. laragh is about 100 k in, so [sean kelly accent] donig the calculations [/sean kelly accent] at 20kph average we should be there at about 1 ish. Ill text you when we get there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I plan to get to Dundrum meeting spot but if I am running late I may head to Lamb's Cross and tag on as you go past. See you at one place or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

AstraMonti wrote: »
    That's the one manafana: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1278238
    Successfully uploaded to my garmin...
    Now all I have to do is get the bike ready :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 2wheelsgood

going to tag along for this if that's ok...see you in the morning!

All on board for the sufferfest train- choo-choo - See you early morning.. yawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

I salute you headcases. Go for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Wind is very strong though, I hope it calms down.. or be on our backs the whole way :D

wind will die slighlty late in morning, but looks like westerly wind for day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

wind will die slighlty late in morning, but looks like westerly wind for day.

See yiz shortly. If the wind is horrible I'll be bailing.

Advertisement