Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais Tesco Voucher Query

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Had a problem today trying to redeem my vouchers. I've done it once before and had no bother but this time when I entered the online code it said it had to be 8 figures and the code on the voucher has 11. Anyone else had this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Oh hai wrote: »
    Had a problem today trying to redeem my vouchers. I've done it once before and had no bother but this time when I entered the online code it said it had to be 8 figures and the code on the voucher has 11. Anyone else had this problem?

Did you receive an email from Tesco with the voucher number - this is the number you type into the energy rewards section - if that makes sense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

deelite wrote: »
    Did you receive an email from Tesco with the voucher number - this is the number you type into the energy rewards section - if that makes sense

Problem rectified, thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

What a rigmarole. The whole process is incredibly convoluted. Two websites. Two sets of codes/tokens. Then having to dig out your account number and GPNR number (or whatever it is). Forty minutes of my life wasted trying to save a few quid on my gas bill.

Make it easier, Bord Gais and Tesco. It was like trying to buy a potato in the former Soviet Union.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

1. Freephone Tesco on 0080001000707. They know your clubcard points from your name and address. They'll convert your points into a Board Gas "token code".
    2. Then phone Board Gas on 01-2335000. They know your account, MPRN, etc from your name and address. They'll apply the token code to your account.
    3. The saving will show on your next BG bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭yannakis

Once we revived this thread 4 years after the last post, I'll add my 5c. Physical vouchers have a very short validity period, but a (hidden) extended digital validity. Check you account for any vouchers that are still active: https://secure.tesco.ie/Clubcard/MyAccount/Vouchers/Home.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

yannakis wrote: »
    Once we revived this thread 4 years after the last post, I'll add my 5c. Physical vouchers have a very short validity period, but a (hidden) extended digital validity. Check you account for any vouchers that are still active: https://secure.tesco.ie/Clubcard/MyAccount/Vouchers/Home.aspx

Just in case anyone is relying on this to keep track of their vouchers I just checked mine and it is short by over 100 euro. Thankfully I have the physical vouchers to prove it. Don't throw away the physical ones in favour of the belief that Tesco themselves will keep them safe for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Yeah they sure try their best to put off people from trying to use em against Bord Gais... but I've battled on every 3 mths on the 2 websites...

Having said that the changes to the Tesco points esp $ spent using the credit card being reduced to a point for every not Tesco €8 spent is killing the value for me now. So much so I am moving the electricity from them and will use the reduced vouchers I do get on the gas only.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 zarker

They couldn't make the process more difficult... something tells me it's intentional. FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭yannakis

zarker wrote: »
    They couldn't make the process more difficult... something tells me it's intentional. FFS

They devoted 1% of the resources they should have devoted and since it works, it will not get any more attention :rolleyes: :mad:

The most ridiculous part is that you can't copy/paste the 1 meter long voucher numbers in one part of the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Spoke with Bord Gais customer service regards this. Suggested that the launch codes for North Korean ballistic missiles would be easier and quicker to get!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭homer911

dmeehan wrote: »
    Its the most convoluted and confusing process. You should be able to enter the barcode of the voucher into the BGRewards website. Simple as. Why you have to use one voucher, to get another voucher, to use that on another website is beyond me. Also the denominations available to redeem do not always match the values on your voucher so (sometimes) you cannot even use your vouchers. </rant>

Sounds like an application for blockchain!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The most ridiculous part is that you can't copy/paste the 1 meter long voucher numbers in one part of the process.

+1.
    Makes no sense as the only person who use the voucher is the person who it is issued to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

casio4 wrote: »
    Blast, my name is on the bill and my husbands name is on the voucher so I can't use them:(

Or you can add your husband name to the Tesco account. Failing that, change the gas account name.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mkov1

I don't think it is difficult. Easy enough. Don't be lazy. Also I use my partners clubcard vouchers on to add and no issues there. I get the code for bord gais and get discount. Great deal. Worth little bit of work.

Advertisement