Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais Tesco Voucher Query

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭rampantglory

still havent seen my reductions even though ive emailed and rang....
    was told there is a third verification process.. tesco bord gais and another but she was unable to tell me what that is...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Its the most convoluted and confusing process. You should be able to enter the barcode of the voucher into the BGRewards website. Simple as. Why you have to use one voucher, to get another voucher, to use that on another website is beyond me. Also the denominations available to redeem do not always match the values on your voucher so (sometimes) you cannot even use your vouchers. </rant>

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

agree,, it takes ages. Also, the money doesnt come off the bill you currently owe, it comes off the next one. No matter when you enter the vouchers. If you leave bord gais after putting on vouchers, you lose them money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Icepick

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    agree,, it takes ages. Also, the money doesnt come off the bill you currently owe, it comes off the next one. No matter when you enter the vouchers. If you leave bord gais after putting on vouchers, you lose them money.
    yes, that's life

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TamTaRam

dmeehan wrote: »
    Its the most convoluted and confusing process. You should be able to enter the barcode of the voucher into the BGRewards website. Simple as. Why you have to use one voucher, to get another voucher, to use that on another website is beyond me. Also the denominations available to redeem do not always match the values on your voucher so (sometimes) you cannot even use your vouchers. </rant>

You can actually use vouchers of any value :) e.g. if you;ve got a voucher worth 6.50 then you can buy Bord Gais Deal for 5.00 and Tesco will send you the remaining 1.50, not in cash, but they will convert it into a store voucher :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Rory1

I'm glad i'm not the only one that thinks this whole process is convoluted. It would put be off both Tesco and Bord Gais brands. Stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

It's not difficult just read the instructions.
    Any excess on the vouchers is credited back to you Tesco vouchers.

I dont have a problem with excess. I have read the instructions.

The whole process is time consuming. It would have been made easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

no one said it was difficult. I said it was convoluted and confusing. Thanks for your helpful RTFM hint. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Icepick

Rory1 wrote: »
    I dont have a problem with excess. I have read the instructions.

The whole process is time consuming. It would have been made easier.
    You are getting a 50% discount and it's not easy to connect 2 totally separate systems.

• Advertisement

i think its annoying that you login to both sites but neither remember ure gprn or clubcard number... but then again ive saved about 75euro since september.... terrible system great offer

i think its annoying that you login to both sites but neither remember ure gprn or clubcard number... but then again ive saved about 75euro since september.... terrible system great offer

I have forgot nothing. Where are you getting this from?

I have forgot nothing. Where are you getting this from?
    Ive no idea what u forgot...
    I was talking about the bord gas and tesco sites...

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Annoying system but great offer.

pugwall wrote: »
    Annoying system but great offer.

Yep, I would agree with that.

Your posts make absolutely no sense. It is a good offer but I think they could have made it a little easier to use.

About as much sense as where u quoted me and said

Rory 1said...I have forgot nothing. Where are you getting this from?

You referred to people not being able to remember their log on details. Look at your posts.

No as i already said i referred to the sites not remembering ur gprn number or ur clubcard number even though you have to login to both sites, read my posts

Terrible system great offer.....

No as i already said i referred to the sites not remembering ur gprn number or ur clubcard number even though you have to login to both sites, read my posts

Terrible system great offer.....

Sorry, my mistake 100%. Apologies, I should read things properly. :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I save my club card points - I get all my points together in Nov/Dec. I think last year I received 120 (ish) and paid the gas (240). Yes it took about 10 minutes. I'd suggest if you could save your points do so.

nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

no one said it was difficult. I said it was convoluted and confusing. Thanks for your helpful RTFM hint. Well done!

Your welcome, did you need to RTFM to post your message?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Does anyone know:
    Once you have used the voucher, how long does it take to show up on the 'transactions' tab on the bord gais website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

dobsdave wrote: »
    Does anyone know:
    Once you have used the voucher, how long does it take to show up on the 'transactions' tab on the bord gais website?

Won't show until the next bill is issued

i was told there having problems with that...

the way it was explained to me was if ur bill is for 100 and voucher for 10.. it will say amount 100 amount payable 90
    it wont actually mention the voucher but you will be able to see that an amount was taken off....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I find this very useful, I have my phone with them, car insurance and get petrol there if I'm passing, handy getting money off as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭magmay

I used vouchers towards my bill also, found it handy enough to do except I was unable to check for days later if they were applied or not. I emailed helpme@bordgais.ie with all the a/c details and they confirmed the vouchers were applied.

This was they reply I got

"Thank you for your recent e-mail to Bord Gais Energy.

I can advise that Tesco Vouchers was applied to your Electricity Account on 10th January 2013. You can know if the Voucher has been applied to your account by logging into your Rewards Account and My Profile.

As the Tesco Vouchers is a relatively new offer with Bord Gais Energy, the Tesco Vouchers are not recognised on your online account. Our I.T. Department are currently working to get this facility updated online. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you require any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact our online team at helpme@bordgais.ie or call us on 1850 632 632."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

i was told there having problems with that...

the way it was explained to me was if ur bill is for 100 and voucher for 10.. it will say amount 100 amount payable 90
    it wont actually mention the voucher but you will be able to see that an amount was taken off....

Yep, same on my bill, bill was for 38 and said total 18 after using 10 (20) tesco voucher, no mention about any voucher. They should fix it as it is confusing.

Also I don't think it's complicated, same process as with all Tesco Deals, and if you read clear instructions and do it once it won't be a problem next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

Annoying system, first time was a nightmare, but its saving me €400 a year off my electricity bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

This is a great deal and seemed to be working great until I got an email advising me that I'd been deregistered from rewards after I had apparently closed my BG account which I did not do!?

Anyone else get that email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Annoying system, first time was a nightmare, but its saving me €400 a year off my electricity bill.

Not sure I'd class it as a nightmare, but does everybody have to go through the same rigamarole every time. Register on the tesco site (it doesn't appear to remember me, or let me save my details), select the nearest amount to each of the clubcard vouchers, enter the vouchers, wait for the email, go on bger and enter all the details there. There isn't a shortcut somewhere that is alluding me, right?

Also, is anyone else paying by easy-pay every month and getting points on their clubcard? No matter how many direct debits I do in any billing period, I only get one set of points according to my bill?

Advertisement