Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais Tesco Voucher Query

Options
  • 21-05-2012 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

i was filling in my information to avail of the double offer for paying my Gas Bill but im a bit confused about filling it in

it asks at the very bottom to enter a Tesco Voucher , this is an 8 character code provided by tesco ,

can anyone tell me were i find that code i presumed it was the online code on the voucher but thats more than 8 digits , any clues ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jo Satan

There are two forms of tesco vouchers, the older type has an 8 digit code and must be applied for by post.

The newer type has a 12 digit code and deals can be applied for on-line

If you still have Clucard vouchers without an online code (older type), or if you want to use a combination of Clubcard vouchers without online codes and the new look clubcard vouchers, simply order your Deals by post.

http://www.tesco.ie/clubcard/deals/howtoorder.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Blast, my name is on the bill and my husbands name is on the voucher so I can't use them:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

casio4 wrote: »
    Blast, my name is on the bill and my husbands name is on the voucher so I can't use them:(
    I used a combination of my wifes tesco vouchers and my own to get the bord gais code.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

casio4 wrote: »

No you can. When you redeem the Tesco vouchers you'll be emailed a unique code. You can enter that code against any BG account.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

I'm a little confused here :o

Are the new vouchers with the 8 digits delivered by post or by e-mail? I would have assumed that they would be e-mailed out but the "please allow 7 working days for deleivery" sounds like they are going in the post....

• Advertisement

just did it thanks :)

delos wrote: »
    I'm a little confused here :o

Are the new vouchers with the 8 digits delivered by post or by e-mail? I would have assumed that they would be e-mailed out but the "please allow 7 working days for deleivery" sounds like they are going in the post....
    I got my 8 digit code within 20 minutes by email

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Can I buy club card vouchers, it'd be great to get half price gas by preloading my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭ablelocks

does anyone know if the vouchers can be used where payment is made by direct debit?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mudxfxa

Do I have to get one 5 euro tesco voucher to avail this offer? Will 3x1 euro tesco voucher or 5x1 euro tesco voucher work?

• Advertisement

mudxfxa wrote: »
    Do I have to get one 5 euro tesco voucher to avail this offer? Will 3x1 euro tesco voucher or 5x1 euro tesco voucher work?
    You can redeem vouchers of any value, doesnt have to be an even five or ten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

ablelocks wrote: »
    does anyone know if the vouchers can be used where payment is made by direct debit?

Yes, they'll just amend your direct debit amount before they take it out. DD's can be varied, SO's can not.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Not true, I had one for 4.50 and it gave me and option of 2.50 or 5.00.

vicwatson wrote: »

Not true, I had one for 4.50 and it gave me and option of 2.50 or 5.00.
    True, I was able to choose any amount from 50 cents to five euro and I have already used my voucher which came from a combination of 6 different value tesco rewards.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Interesting how a Semi-State company has aligned itself with a private (and non-Irish) company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

i enteerd all details etc got a bar on the right flashing up but still nothing saying my account was credited ???

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

parsi wrote: »
    Interesting how a Semi-State company has aligned itself with a private (and non-Irish) company.
    It's not that interesting....
    It's run as a commercial entity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Doodah7

parsi wrote: »

How is it interesting?? What's non-Irish about Tesco employing thousands of Irish people, paying Irish taxes, purchasing millions of euro worth of Irish products and Irish services?

faolteam wrote: »
    i enteerd all details etc got a bar on the right flashing up but still nothing saying my account was credited ???
    its taken off your next bill... https://www.bordgaisenergyrewards.ie/faq/#faq-20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Apogee

Give it a couple of days, then log in again to your Bord Gais account and click 'View transactions' - you should see a credit for the amount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

where can you email the 12 digit codes to get the 8 digit code back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I didn't get any 8 character code by email, just tried to call but not open on Sunday, do they really have to make it so bloody complicated, if im finding it difficult you can only imagine old age pensioners who want to avail of this offer they wouldn't have the foggiest idea where to begin,it's absolutely ridiculous.

So now i have €10.50 worth of vouchers which are about to expire soon unless used and i can't redeem them against Bord Gais bill because ive no 8 character code so will just have to use them to buy groceries instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

jonnny68 wrote: »
    I didn't get any 8 character code by email, just tried to call but not open on Sunday, do they really have to make it so bloody complicated, if im finding it difficult you can only imagine old age pensioners who want to avail of this offer they wouldn't have the foggiest idea where to begin,it's absolutely ridiculous.

So now i have €10.50 worth of vouchers which are about to expire soon unless used and i can't redeem them against Bord Gais bill because ive no 8 character code so will just have to use them to buy groceries instead.
    If you phone Tesco club card they will roll your current vouchers on to your next statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

ROVER wrote: »
    If you phone Tesco club card they will roll your current vouchers on to your next statement.

Will call them tomorrow to see if they can shed some light on this, just been to a Tesco now and customer service hadn't a clue either:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TamTaRam

its taken off your next bill... https://www.bordgaisenergyrewards.ie/faq/#faq-20

Well, maybe not taken off your next bill. I redeemed the vouchers in November 2012, paid 2 bills since then (Direct Debit) in full amount.
    I don't understand why it takes so much time to actually pay the bill with Tesco vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

TamTaRam wrote: »
    Well, maybe not taken off your next bill. I redeemed the vouchers in November 2012, paid 2 bills since then (Direct Debit) in full amount.
    I don't understand why it takes so much time to actually pay the bill with Tesco vouchers.

I have put in 20, 20, 10,10,20 vouchers did the first two in june next one august and last two december, im still checking my online bills and still no reference to it been debited

any recommendations, does this take 6 months or something to clear ????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

ted1 wrote: »
    Can I buy club card vouchers, it'd be great to get half price gas by preloading my account.

Yes, by shopping in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭nitros7

I have put in 20, 20, 10,10,20 vouchers did the first two in june next one august and last two december, im still checking my online bills and still no reference to it been debited

any recommendations, does this take 6 months or something to clear ????

No Shouldn't take that long. It happened to me the first time and I rang Board Gais Rewards @ 1850 632 632 they sorted it out straight away. No problems since :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭gipi

The reduction from the vouchers isn't shown separately on the bills - the only way to know what's been deducted is to add up all the component parts of the bill (usage, PSO, carbon tax, VAT, etc) and compare it to the final amount due.

I was in touch with Bord Gais about this just before Christmas (having been completely bamboozled by the previous bill which also included price increases), and they told me that their billing system can't show the Tesco deductions separately yet, but that they're working on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 OneQ

I see a credit on my bill for each Tesco voucher redeemed so easy enough to keep track they are being applied.

Advertisement