Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An immense "Thank You" to a modern day Superman.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Pedro K wrote: »
    In a mcdonalds on Saturday just gone?

Yeah, I wasn't there but I heard about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Facebook eh - I told ye all it was the root of all evil :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Ush1 wrote: »
    Pedro K wrote: »
    In a mcdonalds on Saturday just gone?

Yeah, I wasn't there but I heard about it.
    Ah. I think I know the lad too so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Confront him. Be a man about it and you'll have a bit more self respect for yourself, even that dick that beat you up will respect you more so than if you do nothing or hide.
    Tell your group of friends too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Brendog wrote: »
    he started ranting about how i started on him on facebook?
    Keep in mind that if you hit him, he'll report you, and you'll be the "bad guy"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

the_syco wrote: »
    Keep in mind that if you hit him, he'll report you, and you'll be the "bad guy"...

Also bear in mind, chicks dig bad guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

You're still friends with him on Facebook?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

The only way out of this is if you tell all your friends that he tried to hold your hand and kiss you while you walked home.

You said "no", so he kicked the crap out of you.

Then burn his house down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

Hey Brendog, your location shows you live in "danger Zone", ever think of relocating?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Sounds like he was building up resentment against you for some reason. Quite often there are people in circle of 'friends' who may not like you that much but don't much but don't want to make an issue of it for the sake of the gang. I know there were people I hung out with who I didn't particularly like but as they were friends of friends and in any case it was just my prejudice and not their fault. I certainly wasn't going to beat the crap out of any of them, not least because I would lose that fight.

But you never really know what men think of you sometimes for the simple reason that we're not women and feel no need to express our feelings. In a previous job there were several of us who often met up after work for a few drinks. It was all very easygoing. But suddenly one of the guys turned a bit unfriendly. I wasn't that bothered really. Eventually my best friend in the group found out why. They other guy a bit younger than me and apparently looked up to me a bit, which was a surprise for one. He should have higher standards! Later he felt I had somehow insulted him in some way and he became annoyed at me. All of which I was oblivious too needless to say.

So there I was in trouble with someone and all I'd done was be friendly with everyone around me. Then I felt bad like I'd done something wrong.

But at least he didn't try to beat me up for it.

It sounds something like that with the OP's friend. He was probably building up a resentment for a while and then some throwaway comment with drink involved probably set him off.

There are two ways of dealing with it of course. One is to meet him and discuss your feelings on the issue. Ask for an apology and listen to his explanation for his violent and unacceptable behaviour. He will undoubtedly say sorry and promise never to repeat. Then you can hug and shed a tear or two...........................billox...........if you were women you might. But you're not women. You're blokes. So the best option is to confront him somewhere safe and tell him he's a psycho and tell him he's effin' lucky you're not pressing charges for assault and if it wasn't for the taxi driver he could be facing more serious charges. He might apologise but most likely he'll blame you for the whole thing. Even if he does apologise he can no longer be trusted.

You're also going to have to consider how to deal with meeting him again. Frankly I'd blank him and if you're well in with the group get him frozen out. On the other hand it might turn out no one likes you and he was just the official spokesman as it were.

But I'd avoid him thats for sure. I would also report him for assault. This is not playground stuff. He's dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Elaborate revenge needed here.

If he's attacked someone before report him, it'll stand a good chance of being taken seriously.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

If he lives so close, go down to him now and confront (restrain from violence if you are going to report it) the fool. He sounds like one of those tards who shouldn't drink but do none the less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I operate under the assumption that everyone in my life wishes me harm at all times. I am always primed and ready to defend myself.

Just last week I was visiting my mother. She was making dinner. She pulled a knife from a block standing just a bit too close to me and I clothes-lined her to the floor.

That's what she gets for sudden moves (and for raising me as a survivalist nutcase).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Best revenge in this case would be to report him to the Gardai. He will get a record and will not be allowed into the US :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I'd definitely unfriend him anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

phill106 wrote: »
    I'd definitely unfriend him anyway...

That'll show him. But wait a week or two beforehand...revenge is a dish best served cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Erm what time we going to his house, I've got my flaming torch and pitchfork at the ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

The OP has vanished. Maybe Brendog didn't get away. The assailant could have started this thread to throw people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Hmmm..strange story op, this guy youve known for years must have been a hell of a lot of stupid to visciously assault somebody he knows well and what more ,who lives very close by?Why not call the gardai op? If you know his face and his address itd be very easy for the gardai to catch him and arrest him. Some parts of your story just dont match up :P Theres so many plotholes it sort of makes me think youre lying but I dont know why you'd lie about this, so Ill take it youre not lying:P Give us more info op! we need to know! Did he rob you?How do you know him, and if hes a scumbag why was he at your friends going away and whyd you walk home with him? id you say something hurtful to him?did he hate you in the past for something you did?Did he just run off when the taxi driver arrived,did you fight back at all? we need answers pronto :pac: Drunk people, sure rarely even drunken scumbags attack people for no reason especially somebody they know for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

mattjack wrote: »
    Erm what time we going to his house, I've got my flaming torch and pitchfork at the ready.

Ach, You always have that fecking thing ready... Got your pillowcases with the eyes cut into them too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

nope. No info missing. The guy is always acting the "hard man" which doesn't bother me but he started ranting about how i started on him on facebook? I just kind of laughed it off and he pushed me. I told him to calm down and he just started hitting. . . Haven't a clue what to do now because he only lives a few doors down the road and usually pass him in the street so i don't know if i should confront him or what?

What do you mean you don't know what to do??? I'll give ya a few steps...

1. Look up number for local Garda Station
    2. Pick up phone
    3. Key in numbers for said Garda Station
    4. Press call
    5. Tell the nice Gard what happened and ask if he'd mind coming up to take a statement
    6. Take photographs of all your injuries, and make sure they get a copy for evidence

DONE!!! And none of this ratting, snitching, telling tales shite, he fucking well assaulted you and deserves to be brought to task for it!

So now you know what to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Ach, You always have that fecking thing ready... Got your pillowcases with the eyes cut into them too?

OK ok.... Jeez. some people............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Sorry to keep you all waiting. The guy randomly text me today and said, "Omg i just remembered I'm sorry pal I dunno what I was doin are you ok?"
    I asked him what his ****ing problem was because he just flipped out.

He told me he was ****ed on sniff and didn't know what he was doing. He said he would make it up to me.

Just told him to forget about it because I didn't want anything to do with him. Honestly. Doing drugs and battering supposed friends? No one wants to know people like that.

Anyway thanks for all the support and advice. Nothing like resolving life problems with complete strangers.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Sorry to keep you all waiting. The guy randomly text me today and said, "Omg i just remembered I'm sorry pal I dunno what I was doin are you ok?"
    I asked him what his ****ing problem was because he just flipped out.

He told me he was ****ed on sniff and didn't know what he was doing. He said he would make it up to me.

Just told him to forget about it because I didn't want anything to do with him. Honestly. Doing drugs and battering supposed friends? No one wants to know people like that.

Anyway thanks for all the support and advice. Nothing like resolving life problems with complete strangers.:D

Make it up to you? Like a nice romantic night in, just the two of you, flowers, choccies, maybe a bottle of champers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Vicious attack by someone who starts a text message with "OMG"..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

What is sniff?
    Coke?

Fcuking psycho whoever he is.
    You're right - just keep your distance from him in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

He sounds like a guy who is suffering a lot of inner turmoil and has had a really bad past not to mention troubled present. You would do well to forgive him for it but to certainly keep your distance in the future. Leave it at that. dont go around mouthing it to your mates and making your quarrel public as this man seems unpredictable and there is no knowing what he will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

He sounds like a guy who is suffering a lot of inner turmoil and has had a really bad past not to mention troubled present.

What?!
    Just sounds like whatever he took didn't agree with him to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Brendog, sort this thing out once and for all, do not leave it go on, he goes to the US, comes back on hols and its still simmering between ye. Call to his home, let him see what he has done, if you think he is genuinely sorry and mortified by it, move on. If you think he doesn't give a shíte call the guards, he can't get away with randomly beating some one up, blaming drink /drugs and sending a text. If he was man enough he should have called to your house, you have the upper hand here, victim, bruising and the possibility of him getting refused access to the US. Do not let this go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

What?!
    Just sounds like whatever he took didn't agree with him to me!
    Aye, you don't need a troubled past to be a dickhead on coke

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement