Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An immense "Thank You" to a modern day Superman.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

What part of America is he going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Yeah, people don't beat up people they don't know for no reason. Why don't you give us the real story?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

mackeire wrote: »
    What part of America is he going to?
    I know the guy heading to America, couldn't have been him who did it. Must have been someone else out with them for the night.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

What's all this reporting **** about
    This is Ireland u don't report it that's wastin time
    You find a way to get this prick back find out where he's goin next weekend and catch him on his own
    Then post up what happened :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Point out on the doll where you touched him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

Ring Joe Duffy, far more effective than the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Happened me before. Guy i sorta knew for a couple of years (i worked with his girlfriend) just punched me square in the face without so much as a word of warning as we walked around a corner in temple bar, busted my nose and damn near knocked me out cold. Turns out i'd been boinking his missus though, so i probably deserved it!
    Have you been up to no good OP? Have you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Ten years for assault?

You don't know Ireland ;)

"assault of a boardsie" mandatory 10 years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Let's not beat about the bush, some people are just utter fcuking psychos on the beer. That's reason enough.

A few years back, was out for a few drinks and a girl commented I have a cute nose (yeah I'm such a ****ing hard stud with my lickle girlie nose). Anyway was walking home with one of the lads when we said we should have a play fight. Not taking him seriously, I found myself on the ground with him pushing his palm with full force into my nose trying to break it. Suffice it to say, he was removed from my social circle with immediate effect. The crazy fcuker.

OP call the guards, report him. If it wasnt for the taxi driver, you mightn't be posting today on boards or ever. What about the next guy he decides to attack, when there is no one there to help him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Let's not beat about the bush, some people are just utter fcuking psychos on the beer. That's reason enough.

A few years back, was out for a few drinks and a girl commented I have a cute nose (yeah I'm such a ****ing hard stud with my lickle girlie nose). Anyway was walking home with one of the lads when we said we should have a play fight. Not taking him seriously, I found myself on the ground with him pushing his palm with full force into my nose trying to break it. Suffice it to say, he was removed from my social circle with immediate effect. The crazy fcuker.

OP call the guards, report him. If it wasnt for the taxi driver, you mightn't be posting today on boards or ever. What about the next guy he decides to attack, when there is no one there to help him?

He obviously had a think for yer one who commented on your pretty boy snout. It's totally bananas but unrequited passions and booze general end up in fisticuffs if one of the people involved is a big enough ar€ehole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

OP, I think we'd all agree that you need to return to this thread immediately and give us a full and honest account of everything that transpired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

galwayrush wrote: »
    You met The Citizen.:cool:

you sure? it looks more like he met Taximan... the fearless taxi driver with his awesome powers at knowing something about everything and his inherit weakness to deregulated psv licenses which drain his power at gaining knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

Not taking him seriously, I found myself on the ground with him pushing his palm with full force into my nose trying to break it.

That's pretty sadistic:S

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Happened me before. Guy i sorta knew for a couple of years (i worked with his girlfriend) just punched me square in the face without so much as a word of warning as we walked around a corner in temple bar, busted my nose and damn near knocked me out cold. Turns out i'd been boinking his missus though, so i probably deserved it!

:confused: Did you not realise you were having regular sex with somebody???

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

After a night out a few years back, I was chatting to a few friends outside the pub, while a few others of the group had already crossed the road and were standing on the other side, not looking at us, but waiting for us. We've all known each other years, had had a very pleasant evening, when out of the blue one of the guys I was talking to suddenly said "Look at <him>. Standing there, looking down his nose at me. I'm going to kill him." He just went mental, went to take off across the road after our other friend, who wasn't even looking in our direction, and was oblivious to what was happening.

The rest of us grabbed the guy who'd gone mental, and held him back, but he was kicking out like a demon trying to get at the guy across the road. Thankfully no-one was hurt, and he calmed down and ran off home, but sometimes people do seem to just go nuts out of nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Full story or GTFO:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Some people can get very aggressive when sufficiently drunk though - and need little to nothing to bring out that aggression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Dudess wrote: »
    Some people can get very aggressive when sufficiently drunk though - and need little to nothing to bring out that aggression.

True, but generally not when you know the person and you're dandering home having a chat. That smells like a crime of passion, probably extremely misguided.

Anyway, OP, we need your testimony here, there's a kangaroo court in session !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Was there Whiskey involved?

A few years back a friend of mine said a Tree was saying things about his family. He wanted to 'claim' the tree. Yes, a Tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

kfallon wrote: »

maybe he was doing it wrong and taking the rohypnol himself instead of spiking the guy's missus ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

You find a way to get this prick back find out where he's goin next weekend and catch him on his own

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

brendog!?! what happened? why did your buddy do this? hope you're alright anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Always the last one to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I hate to point this out but superman was a journalist not a taxi driver. The taxi driver was probably just looking for a way to feel someone up inappropriately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Reeks of bullsh¡t this story, no offence OP. Shameless promotion of taxi drivers as the Mother Theresa's of all Mother Theresa's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

What did you say to him?

I did;). But apparently i wasn't alone in that realisation!
    The guy was, and by all accounts still is, an asshole of the highest order, but i put my hand up and admit i got what i deserved on that occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I did;). But apparently i wasn't alone in that realisation!
    The guy was, and by all accounts still is, an asshole of the highest order, but i put my hand up and admit i got what i deserved on that occasion.

Jaysus she must have had a gee like a horses collar :pac:

Jaysus she must have had a gee like a horses collar :pac:

Well, by the time i was finished....... Maybe that's why he was so angry?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

MagicSean wrote: »

Thanks for that mate ha

Advertisement