Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yakuza 5 reveal planned for next week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Damn, even if they get released here it will be digital wont it....hrm, how am I gonna grind these up and inject them straight into my veins now??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Taiko no Tatsujin to feature in the game!!!111!!!

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/8/3229093/segas-next-yakuza-to-feature-playable-taiko-drum-master

I'd totally put that 'take my money' futurama image here if it wasn't so overused!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Coming out December the 6th in Nippon, probably December 2014 for us ;)

Brief description of the Taiko minigame: http://kotaku.com/5944850/today-i-played-taiko-no-tatsujin-with-virtual-gangsters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Virtua fighter 2 will be playable in yakuza 5 1p and 2 p

New engine looks glorious

Taiko no Tatsujin and a ramen making mini-game? http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/10/yakuza-5-has-ramen-making-and-snowball-fight-mini-games/

This game is truly looking like the definitive Japan simulator! If they get accurate JRail jingles in there no-one will ever need to go the country again :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not sure I can go back to Yakuza after playing through Sleeping Dogs. Seemed to do everything that Yakuza had been trying to do, but better.

Haven't played Dead Souls though - worth getting?

A snowball fight mini game ??? :O

GAME OF THE YEAR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

A snowball fight mini game ??? :O

GAME OF THE YEAR

There a "yellow snow" weapon upgrade available?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    There a "yellow snow" weapon upgrade available?
    Sounds more like a South Park game :p

• Advertisement

Played the demo there. The new engine is a tad disappointing - only a minor step-up visually. The water effects particularly must be the worst to have graced a PS3 game in the longest time.

The game isn't a massive departure from before, although overall seems to be an improvement. The combat (the game, oddly, seamlessly transitions into fights but not out) is even more brutal than usual - one heat move has you grind an opponent's face repeatedly against the ground. It's nastier than it sounds. Random battles, alas, are no less annoying than they were before, especially after the freer exploration of Dead Souls outside the zombie bits. Club Sega is a definite improvement. There is indeed a Taiko no Tatsujin demo - the gameplay is accurate although alas all the recognisable sounds a TnT cabinet have been removed :( The crane games are as accurately infuriating as ever, and Virtua Fighter 2 is present and correct.

This is still very much a Yakuza game, for better and worse - should please fans, although unlikely to win many new converts.

I must go back and finish Yakuza 4, though at this stage I imagine ill be starting it again. I have both 4 and Dead Souls sat beside my PS3 for the past year and a bit and at this stage it's mocking me. Think I'll have to clear a few weeks and get immersed.

I must go back and finish Yakuza 4, though at this stage I imagine ill be starting it again. I have both 4 and Dead Souls sat beside my PS3 for the past year and a bit and at this stage it's mocking me. Think I'll have to clear a few weeks and get immersed.

I highly recommend beating both games immensely :D

It took a while but the good people over at sega and sony are releasing the 5th installment of one of my favourite franchises Yakuza 5 to the west at summer 2015

Wow just wow I am so happy :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jeez took long enough to come over didn't? I have to finish 3,4 and the undead first though :o

Jeez took long enough to come over didn't? I have to finish 3,4 and the undead first though :o

DO IT!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

exactly 2 years to the day from release to announcement. Hell of an anniversary present :D

While we await Yakuza 5, Japan looks forward to having Takeshi ****ing Kitano appear in the next game:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Well the game's up on the PSN store but it says Disc Only even though it's digital only. Can't purchase it. :rolleyes:

it should be up within the next couple of weeks, the localisation is complete, they sent it off to sony and if it passes QA it'll go up, if not it might be a few more weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Has anyone put time into this? Without giving spoilers away, I have just started Akiyama's segment but the last two subplots were such a chore to get through. Does the story pick up for anyone who has played it? The end of Haruka's subplot showed a glimmer of excitement though.

I kind of wish they would go back to solely focussing on Kazuma like in Yakuza 1-3. It feels like each game's story is becoming increasingly and needlessly stretched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ I finished it and liked it quite a bit but the whole hunting thing felt incredibly stiff and outdated. I get they wanted to show that character's struggle but I feel there could've been much better ways to do that.

Yakuza 6 focuses on Kazuma primarily AFAIK, with Majima being playable I think. Don't think we're getting that one in the west, though.

Yakuza 6 focuses on Kazuma primarily AFAIK, with Majima being playable I think. Don't think we're getting that one in the west, though.

That would be great so fingers crossed for a western release at some stage but...

Yakuza 5 content:
    Now I know Majima survives in 5 after news of his 'death'! Not to worry though, I kind of knew they wouldn't just let him leave with a simple news headline. He would have to go out in a blaze of glory.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Has anyone put time into this? Without giving spoilers away, I have just started Akiyama's segment but the last two subplots were such a chore to get through. Does the story pick up for anyone who has played it? The end of Haruka's subplot showed a glimmer of excitement though.

I kind of wish they would go back to solely focussing on Kazuma like in Yakuza 1-3. It feels like each game's story is becoming increasingly and needlessly stretched.

I have 100% completed it, the story pretty much starts to pick up right where you are now but dont expect it to be fast paced still, there's a lot to go

Sieghardt wrote: »
    I have 100% completed it, the story pretty much starts to pick up right where you are now but dont expect it to be fast paced still, there's a lot to go

That's good to hear. I generally like the slow pacing of Yakuza games once the story keeps moving, rather than picking what skirt and high heels to wear. :eek:

Edit: The last sentence refers to an in-game character task you have to complete, not one of my own personal hobbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

What's the craic with this game. Is yakuza 6 coming out soon? Can I buy it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

cursai wrote: »
    What's the craic with this game. Is yakuza 6 coming out soon? Can I buy it here?
    Yakuza 0 (a prequel to the main series) is out in January 2017. Then a remake of Yakuza 1 is coming out summer 2017. Yakuza 6 (which came out last week in Japan) is coming here in 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So is this Yakuza malarky any good? I played it ages back, a demo I think. 0 sounds like a laugh from what I've read and packed with things to do so interested to see more about it.

Advertisement