Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@Dayz/Arma 2 server

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TOMFOOLIGANS

Isnt IE1 still on the old patch? I can only get into IE2 at the moment.

Probably for the best: lots of folks reporting major issues with 1.7.2: stuff like equipping a different (camo/ghillie) skin deleting your inventory, infected spotting you from ~100m+, that sort of thing. They're already working on a hotfix, it might be worth waiting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

Yeah i picked up a gillie suit only to find all my stuff disappeared.. and no gillie suit model :P

I tend to not re spawn on the same spot as what i logged off at too.

When I hear that fly's buzzing sound indicating a player corpse, i never find one, like the models are glitched.

Also its pretty damn impossible to find weapons anywhere.

As for infected spotting from crazy ranges, im not sure whats normal as i only started playing DayZ when this new patch came out so its hard to judge but i think its enough to say that other survivors are generally the least of my worries.

Yeah i picked up a gillie suit only to find all my stuff disappeared.. and no gillie suit model :P

I tend to not re spawn on the same spot as what i logged off at too.

When I hear that fly's buzzing sound indicating a player corpse, i never find one, like the models are glitched.

Also its pretty damn impossible to find weapons anywhere.

As for infected spotting from crazy ranges, im not sure whats normal as i only started playing DayZ when this new patch came out so its hard to judge but i think its enough to say that other survivors are generally the least of my worries.

Up until recently an experienced player could crawl prone past them within about 5-10m. They've definitely changed the aggro range, intentional or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Lads what just happened? I was playing on the server for about 3 hours or so, only with a hatchet. I was starving and thirsty searching every small village (avoiding big towns). There was nothing but empty cans and bottles. Finally I came up to a corpse (I didn't kill), and when I checked its gear I'd hit the jackpot. AKM with mags, blood bags, drinks, watter bottle, big bag with a toolkit, and other really cool stuff I can't remember. Never seen any of this. In the middle of searching I was kicked, something about battleye not responding. Is this a coincidence? When I logged back in (to another server) I was left with just the AKM and mags, nothing else that I'd put in my bag. I've played a couple of hours on other servers since yesterday and I've been grand. Such bad timing if it was a coincidence :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Lads what just happened? I was playing on the server for about 3 hours or so, only with a hatchet. I was starving and thirsty searching every small village (avoiding big towns). There was nothing but empty cans and bottles. Finally I came up to a corpse (I didn't kill), and when I checked its gear I'd hit the jackpot. AKM with mags, blood bags, drinks, watter bottle, big bag with a toolkit, and other really cool stuff I can't remember. Never seen any of this. In the middle of searching I was kicked, something about battleye not responding. Is this a coincidence? When I logged back in (to another server) I was left with just the AKM and mags, nothing else that I'd put in my bag. I've played a couple of hours on other servers since yesterday and I've been grand. Such bad timing if it was a coincidence :(

The server sends info to the hive gradually, so the first things you picked up (the akm and the mags) would have been sent to the hive and successfully reached it, but then when you picked up the drink, it started sending to the hive but before you reached it you got kicked for battle eye not responding and it never reached the hive. So it takes about 10-15 seconds for stuff to properly save, if you find something make sure you wait this long before logging out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

The server sends info to the hive gradually, so the first things you picked up (the akm and the mags) would have been sent to the hive and successfully reached it, but then when you picked up the drink, it started sending to the hive but before you reached it you got kicked for battle eye not responding and it never reached the hive. So it takes about 10-15 seconds for stuff to properly save, if you find something make sure you wait this long before logging out.

Didn't know that. I just found it odd that when I got lucky I very quickly got unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭MichealKenny

Hey guys, I am fairly new to DayZ and I only played on the server for a little bit but anyway, my friend was kicked out when the server was full to let someone else in, I know this is a joint effort and I just want to inform you that this is happening so you can see who is doing it, I am getting a new graphics card soon so I will be able to play more and I'm sure this server (IE1 btw) will become my DayZ home and I will more than likely make a recurring donation to help you guys out. I am not trying to bash on anyone here and if you all do this then fire away but it seems you have all agreed not to and someone is doing it anyway, that is the reason for my post, just to inform you, all the best -Micheal.

Hey guys, I am fairly new to DayZ and I only played on the server for a little bit but anyway, my friend was kicked out when the server was full to let someone else in, I know this is a joint effort and I just want to inform you that this is happening so you can see who is doing it, I am getting a new graphics card soon so I will be able to play more and I'm sure this server (IE1 btw) will become my DayZ home and I will more than likely make a recurring donation to help you guys out. I am not trying to bash on anyone here and if you all do this then fire away but it seems you have all agreed not to and someone is doing it anyway, that is the reason for my post, just to inform you, all the best -Micheal.

I got kicked a few times today as well. Not BattleEye kicks, though I've been getting them on other servers. I don't know if someone thought I was server hopping or disconnecting in combat because I got a couple of those connection lost for 50+ seconds issues, but I then got two or three server kicks when I was in play. Ended up losing my M14 as a consequence as I was in the process of digging through my tent at the time. Not much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

There was a change made to enable extra checking through battleye and it seems to have been kicking a lot of people saying files didn't match the server side. The check has been disabled again now on IE1. Also to update people I got the email below from DayZ admins over night:
    Since the introduction of of regularcheck, server IO performance has taken a huge hit. If you are running multiple instances off of your server, this problem will be amplified. The best solution to the problem is to upgrade your server with SSDs. Larges sizes are not needed, so this can be done on a budget.

In the worst case scenario regularcheck can be turned off by changing the line to “regularcheck = "";.” Deleting your regularcheck line will not turn off regular checks.

BIS is working on addressing these issues and future updates may include a solution for the excessive IO usage.

Additionally, the standard configuration files have been updated with new Battle Eye script detection signatures, many new hacks should be prevented. This also enables better logging of executed scripts.

The IE1 server already has an SSD but IE2 doesn't as it's a VM running on IE1 so I have updated IE1 to allow 70 slots and shut down IE2, well see how that goes for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i take it nobody plays anymore due to hackers? there's one on IE1 currently killing everyone on the server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 beanzoo

adnans wrote: »
    i take it nobody plays anymore due to hackers? there's one on IE1 currently killing everyone on the server.

yep absolutely love dayz but have not played for a week or so now because my charter is like a week old has 400 plus zombies killed and very good gear but last time I checked I was a cow in some part of the map I did not recognise shame but ARMA 2 was designed to be able to create missions so it is too easy for the kids to script for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Private HIVE servers imminent. This gives admins much more power to find and ban hackers.

Advertisement