Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How has your life turned out?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Well ok...I guess you proved your point that you could never have succeeded as a psychologist/ "neuro psychologist", because you fail to actually listen and consider other opinions. ;)

Have you some agenda here?
    Seriously, you seem to be getting a tad on the personal side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I now know what I want to do and am doing it. Professionally, personally and financially I'm in a good place. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Well ok...I guess you proved your point that you could never have succeeded as a psychologist/ "neuro psychologist", because you fail to actually listen and consider other opinions. ;)

Flutterflye posted a personal and honest reply to the OP's question - why don't you lay off her a bit and stop being spiteful for no good reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

As far as I can see I was merely having a debate about attitude here, but I am delighted to see that my opponent is incapable of defending herself and has to summon her demons to fend for her cause. Thank you so much for helping me out,

I am off to bed now to actually acquire something for society in the morning, apart from lamenting about my extreme fertility.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Sometimes despite making a choice to have children you may have slight wistfulness for the dreams you put on hold and as time develops it can sometimes be hard to get back to the place you wanted to be.

So I don't get why you think Flutterby was saying she was regretting her children, she probably, like most women who put their children before career, may just feel that she has so much more to offer and feels a little discontent that the opportunities to do so are not there when you go back looking for them after taking time out for Children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,055 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its never too late. I left school at 16 with no qualifications to speak of. A family later I turned 50 in college and am now about to retire from teaching. In another 15 years I will be 80, maybe at that stage I will be thinking of sitting by the fire, but not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Grobbelaar

I think I'm doing pretty well. I lived in a small island in the Indian Ocean for a spell, I worked/lived in Barcelona for almost a year and have seen Thailand ( was always on my list of things to do)

I'm living with a lovely girl who is fantastic. I perform for a living and have played places that I never thought I'd get to. When I was younger I had fierce confidence issues when speking to groups of people, my worst nightmare was to be picked to read for english class so I never really expected to be up on stage performing to big groups of people.

I get plenty of time to play sports, concentrate on playing GAA and the gym so I often think I'm one very lucky fella.

I turn 30 next year and I think the main thing that I've learnt is to not over think the small things, try not to be overly harsh on yourself too. I would say hold on to your dreams, try you best to acheive them and if you do fantastic if not at least you gave it your best shot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Currently 22 and way off track to what I want to actually achieve. I feel like if I don't take action soon I'm going to have serious regrets, which I don't want in life. ****ing commitments are holding me back and they are valuable too so I've some big decisions ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

My life is better than your vacation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

I am off to bed now to actually acquire something for society in the morning, apart from lamenting about my extreme fertility.

Do us all a favour and dont wake up because your attitude stinks. Sometimes it doesnt matter what you do if God wants you pregnant he will find a way to make it happen no matter how much you try to prevent it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Fiona wrote: »
    Do us all a favour and dont wake up because your attitude stinks. Sometimes it doesnt matter what you do if God wants you pregnant he will find a way to make it happen no matter how much you try to prevent it.

Mary!!? MARY!? IS THAT YOU!?

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Mary!!? MARY!? IS THAT YOU!?

Haha i aint no bible basher! I am child free by choice and fully support a womans right to choose whether a pregnancy goes to full term or not but lets all agree no form of contraception is 100% so if a woman is super fertile ya know what let her have a moan about it if she wants and not be made feel guilty by another woman who may not be so fortunate. Now back on topic please!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Fiona wrote: »
    Haha i aint no bible basher! I am child free by choice and fully support a womans right to choose whether a pregnancy goes to full term or not but lets all agree no form of contraception is 100% so if a woman is super fertile ya know what let her have a moan about it if she wants and not be made feel guilty by another woman who may not be so fortunate. Now back on topic please!

I hear ya, those damn pesky babies trying to live, who do they think they are, don't they know I'm meant to be going to Majorca this summer with my girlfriends. How am I meant to get laid when I have a baby bump :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Dear Diary,

My life is a dark abyss. Sadness confounds my thoughts.

I'm a hermit, a loner. I'm immersed daily in smothering bemoaning thoughts.

Not many are aware of my existence. I'm a non-person.

That's how my life has turned out.

The End.

Oh yes, I forgot God's input. How could I in this holier than holy society. I am surprised this card wasn't pulled earlier.

Oh yes, I forgot God's input. How could I in this holier than holy society. I am surprised this card wasn't pulled earlier.

I don't actually believe in God myself I just said it as a figure of speech.

I'll rephrase it better.

If the ***** in the pregnancy department want you up the pole regardless of what precautions you have taken then tough.

Thanks for the rephrasing, sounds much better already.
    I acknowledge that even with precautions taken a pregnancy may occur, but not several times in a row, though I think I heard this claim somewhere before...what was it called again? A yes, the Jeremy Kyle show.

Advertisement