Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JDS V Mir

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Really like Struve but why would you want him to mix it with Cain yet? He is getting better and filling his frame, improving all the time, no need to rush him up the ranks just yet.

Cain wouldn't leave an easy sub and his GNP would would take him out 9 times out of 10, or maybe all 10 times :) and Stuve isn't going to shoot on Cain is he? Bad match up for SS just yet imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭p to the e

Depending on the healing time I can see the Hunt vs. Struve fight being on again. I think Struve has become resident gate keeper for the HW division. He has some versatile Jiu Jitsu for a HW but his stand up game (primarily his jab) needs to improve if he is to even go near the likes of Cain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Struve is no title contender and won't be for 2 or 3 years depending on how he fills out and builds on his stand up. A faster more powerful explosive and 15 lbs heavier 7 foot Struve with even better BJJ is going to be a serious handful for anyone bar the very top guys... they'll dread fighting him but its rare that fighters IMO get that much quicker no matter what they do and I doubt he'll ever get genuinely explosive so anyone like Cain who fears nobody will just bring the fight to him and put him down and gorilla drum his head in. Major respect for that overhook set up the other night though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Link
    The full UFC 146 payouts included:

Junior Dos Santos: $200,000 (no win bonus)
    def. Frank Mir: $200,000

Cain Velasquez: $200,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus)
    def. Antonio Silva: $70,000

Roy Nelson: $40,000 (includes $20,00 win bonus)
    def. Dave Herman: $21,000

Stipe Miocic: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
    def. Shane Del Rosario: $20,000

Stefan Struve: $58,000 (includes $29,000 win bonus)
    def. Lavar Johnson: $26,000

Darren Elkins: $28,000 (includes $14,000 win bonus)
    def. Diego Brandao: $15,000

Jamie Varner: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
    def. Edson Barboza: $18,000

C.B. Dollaway: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)
    def. Jason "Mayhem" Miller: $45,000

Dan Hardy: $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus)
    def. Duane "Bang" Ludwig: $18,000

Paul Sass: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
    def. Jacob Volkmann: $20,000

Glover Teixeira: $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus)
    def. Kyle Kingsbury: $12,000

Mike Brown: $52,000 (includes $26,000 win bonus)
    def. Daniel Pineda: $10,000

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Very surprised by Struve's payout. Pretty high compared to others like Nelson, but maybe Nelson is still in the clutches of the TUF contract terms!

• Advertisement

There's a few in there that I raised an eye brow about, one being that JDS got the same as Mir yet when Lesnar lost to Overeem he got twice that with no bonus (IIRC). If memory serves me right, even Overeem got more than 250k pre bonus...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

There's a few in there that I raised an eye brow about, one being that JDS got the same as Mir yet when Lesnar lost to Overeem he got twice that with no bonus (IIRC). If memory serves me right, even Overeem got more than 250k pre bonus...

JDS is still gaining fans and probably still on an older contract.
    Lesnar is a money machine.
    Overeem was strikeforce, K1 & Dream champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I can see why Jason Miller was cut, $45k with a 0-3 record in the UFC (0-2 before the fight).

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Very surprised by Struve's payout. Pretty high compared to others like Nelson, but maybe Nelson is still in the clutches of the TUF contract terms!

Jesus Christ!

this is actually getting SPOOKY!

You just have it in for the guy, do you realise that was his ELEVENTH fight in the UFC and his 29th as a professional. Not bad for a 24 year old.

$58,000 doesn't seem that high for a guy in the UFC that long.

What's also creepy is this little fan club you have that thank your every post, no matter how inane.

Dean09 I'm looking at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

jayteecork wrote: »
    Jesus Christ!

You just have it in for the guy, do you realise that was his ELEVENTH fight in the UFC. $58,000 doesn't seem that high for a guy in the UFC that long.

What's also creepy is this little fan club you have that thank your every post, no matter how inane.

What is your problem?

Over the course of the last week you have been deliberately trying to start an argument. The majority of posters in here can have a reasonable discussion regardless of a difference of opinion. But for some reason you seem to have a chip on your shoulder.
    You had an opinion and myself and a few others disagreed with it. Get over it.

• Advertisement

Dean09 wrote: »
    What is your problem?

Over the course of the last week you have been deliberately trying to start an argument. The majority of posters in here can have a reasonable discussion regardless of a difference of opinion. But for some reason you seem to have a chip on your shoulder.
    You had an opinion and myself and a few others disagreed with it. Get over it.

an argument on an internet forum?

GOD FORBID!

and what is my problem? Stuffins is obviously trying to get me wound up by his overwhelming criticism of struve, most of which is totally undeserved.
    And you back him up constantly.
    It's getting pretty weird at this stage.

GOD FORBID!

and what is my problem? Stuffins is obviously trying to get me wound up by his overwhelming criticism of struve, most of which is totally undeserved.

Doesn't matter if it's an internet forum or not. The reason I post here and not anywhere else is because most people here are good craic and everyone generally gets along with one another even if we don't see eye to eye on certain things. It's a great place for discussion while avoiding the likes of the idiots that post on Sherdog etc.
    If I wanted a flame war I'd post there but I'd prefer to have a grown up discussion.

And I only backed up what he said because I agreed with it. If I didn't agree I'd say so, and I have done in the past.
    I think you'll find that if you said something that I agreed with I'd back you up too.

Doesn't matter if it's an internet forum or not. The reason I post here and not anywhere else is because most people here are good craic and everyone generally gets along with one another even if we don't see eye to eye on certain things. It's a great place for discussion while avoiding the likes of the idiots that post on Sherdog etc.
    If I wanted a flame war I'd post there but I'd prefer to have a grown up discussion.

Stuffins commenting that a guy in his 11th UFC making 58K is too much.

Crazy talk, I think he's after losing his marbles to be honest.

All of your opinions are wrong :pac:

Now, stop clogging the forum with non UFC related posts :)

Back on topic - JDS is amazing #bromance

All of your opinions are wrong :pac:

Now, stop clogging the forum with non UFC related posts :)

Back on topic - JDS is amazing #bromance

Finally a man with a bit of sense! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Jesus Christ!

You just have it in for the guy, do you realise that was his ELEVENTH fight in the UFC and his 29th as a professional. Not bad for a 24 year old.

$58,000 doesn't seem that high for a guy in the UFC that long.

Dont see how he has it in for SS. Im a big Struve fan but hes nowhere near a number 1 contender in my eyes, he takes too many shots for a start and doesnt have amazing power. He has a super submission game and great range but he needs to take on the likes of a Mir or the like before he gets to JDS. I mean how would he beat JDS? Sub, cant see JDS grappling or getting taken down and he is a far superior striker so for me it will need more experience and technique before hes in the upper echelons.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

5055032357_69d1d1be72_z.jpg

Struve as a top contender is quite the reach. Some which Struve has, but fails to utilise. He gets backed up against the cage an awful lot and tends to leave his sizeable head and chin out there. He also doesn't seem to be up to much on the wrestling side of things. Is Cain fought him, he would take him down and the fight would go much the same as the fight with Bigfoot went this past weekend and Bigfoot has far greater grappling pedigree than Struve. So Jaytee, stop being such a f**kin langer, will ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

GOD FORBID!

Another of Stuffin's cronies.

You lot remind me of those losers from the Cobra Kai dojo in the Karate Kid for some reason.

Stuffins is obviously trying to get me wound up by his overwhelming criticism of struve
    I like Stefan Struve. He's young and very talented. Could be a future World Champ if he lives up to his potential.

• Advertisement

Stuffins that's a ninja edit.

IIRC I was listing out the names of fighters so as to prove that the HW is now a competitive division.

You quoted my post and said something like "I was kind of agreeing with you until you mentioned Stefan Struve" - awful thing to say about such a talented fighter.

Stuffins that's a ninja edit.

IIRC I was listing out the names of fighters so as to prove that the HW is now a competitive division.

You quoted my post and said something like "I was kind of agreeing with you until you mentioned Stefan Struve" - awful thing to say about such a talented fighter.

It is is it?

I think you'll find you're mistaken. I think you'll find the post is from this thread. I posted it yesterday at 03:40.

You can tell because that's what the time stamp on the post says.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think somebody has a crush on Struve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

I don't usually weigh in on threads like this, but just to clarify: the guys from Cobra Kai were NOT losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Clive wrote: »
    I don't usually weigh in on threads like this, but just to clarify: the guys from Cobra Kai were NOT losers.

yeah i thought they won most of the tournaments and it was only daniel who threw a spanner in the works.

I think we need to let the stuffins-struve-troll thingy go

Clive wrote: »
    Post of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

Sweep the leg!

Anyway....I don't think Struve is ready to be a champion yet. He has a potential, but so far he's yet to beat any of the fighters who are hovering nearer the top.
    I think if he's going to be a contender, he needs to beat Werdum at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Another of Stuffin's cronies.

Cronie?

The 1980's called, they want their insult back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

Cronie?

The 1980's called, they want their insult back :pac:

I've always considered myself more of a goon really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Lad's end your debate-Mrstuffins does not rate Struve as high as you do and that's a valid opinion, Leave it at that as it is turning into trolling

Jayteecork, I have thanked a few of his comments and am not in any fan club so lay off your silly games of trying to make out yopur been ganged up on.

To all, calling people troll's is back seat modding and will get warnings, infractions etc..

Now let's get back on topic lads

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Advertisement