Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Are LA Galaxy tonight the same type of banker material as Santos Laguna a few days ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,897 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lass any thoughts on Monaco?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Barcelona v Real Madrid
    Over 3.5 Goals 13/8

Head to Head Stats Barcelona v Real Madrid last 6 Matches

Barcelona 1-2 Real Madrid
    Barcelona 2-2 Real Madrid

Real Madrid 1-2 Barcelona
    Real Madrid 1-3 Barcelona

Barcelona 3-2 Real Madrid
    Real Madrid 2-2 Barcelona

boom great second half :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Headshot wrote: »
    Lass any thoughts on Monaco?

On paper Monaco should win, they have a much better team, but last year Arles-Avignon were hard to beat, they played very defensive football with 5 at the back and it looks like they still do since they've only conceded 2 goals in 5 games so far... not sure how they're going to approach this game or if they're missing players as they haven't updated their website.

I'd try unders, it's priced as much as a Monaco win or maybe Arles not to score @ 2.00

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Not much in the Dutch 1st division (Jupiler league) that i fancy other than a De Graafschap win @1.83 vs Helmond.
    Apparently it started at 2.05
    Helmond are one of the stronger teams but De Graaschap at home is a tough place to go for most of the teams in the jupiler league. Cant see them spoil a lot of points at home this season.

Eredivisie:
    RKC had a nice start of the season with a win at home vs PSV and a draw at ADO, conceding the equaliser in injury time giving them a gf/ga of 5-4 after 2 matches.

Roda is able to score a goal with Malki (25 goals last season, 1 in 2 matches this season)

I Like the @1.75 for a RKC win.
    Dont know if the win/match goals combo is set to over2,5 or 3,5 but if it is the former, that might be a nice one: RKC&over2,5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Have the odds on Dortmund dropped somethin fierce overnight? Tis generally 1.33 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

borussia dortmund to win
    bolton to win or draw
    lyon to win or draw

evens £50

early kick offs

monaco to win
    hertha berlin to win

11/10

I've gone big on this bet:
    Under 2.5 in Hapoel Kiryat Shmona vs BATE Borisov @ 1.60

I watched the first leg and BATE completely dominated Hapoel, they had ~70% possession and could've won by a bigger margin but they always try to pass the ball into the net :pac: Now that they've won 2-0 they can play more relaxed in Israel and do what they do best - tiki taka. I don't think the heat will be a problem as they played in Macedonia in the scorching heat and dominated the whole game and got what they needed - a 0-0 draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions:
    AJ Auxerre v Stade Lavallois
    AJ Auxerre: Ramos (1/0 d), Acapandié (3/0 d), Haddad (1/0 m), Bourgeois (2/0 f), Kapo (3/2 f), Haller (2/0 f)
    Stade Lavallois: Badiane (0/0 f), Gamboa (3/1 m), Adéoti (2/0 d), Ciaravino (1/0 m)
    pick X2

Jihlava v Sigma Olomouc
    Jihlava: Karlík, Tlusty (both doubtful), Gabriel, Obert, Mešanovič
    Sigma Olomouc: Zlámal, Klesnil, Dreksa
    pick X2

Jagiellonia v Gornik Zabrze
    Jagiellonia: Frankowski
    Gornik Zabrze: Magiera, Kwiek, Zachara, Olkowski
    pick 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Quick question, do you purely back teams based on who isnt playing? Liverpools team tonight and Inters were always going to be far stronger than the opposition in both cases, is it long odds value you are looking at? Not having a go just interested as i see your bets here a lot.

Such kind of info often use to be useful...

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Looking at the German Div 1, anyone think that the odds are a little one-sided for the Hertha v Jahn Regensburg game?

4/9 for Hertha and 5/1 for Jahn.

Hertha have 1 point from their opening 2 games, and Jahn Regensburg have won their only match.

Surely there is some value in Jahn Regensburg +2 @ 1/2?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Fancy Sunderland tomorrow, backed them a rake of times last season and won plenty off them. They are 5to6 in places at home to Reading, I don't know if new signing Fletcher will be available to play. Southampton at home to Wigan look interesting as well.

Have gone with what looks like a very good value double tonight. Waterford United to beat Mervue at home, and Metz to beat Luzenac at home (Metz have 3 wins out of 3, Luzenac are rock bottom with 1 point and the worst defense.)

Evens.

Fizman wrote: »
    Looking at the German Div 1, anyone think that the odds are a little one-sided for the Hertha v Jahn Regensburg game?

4/9 for Hertha and 5/1 for Jahn.

Hertha have 1 point from their opening 2 games, and Jahn Regensburg have won their only match.

Surely there is some value in Jahn Regensburg +2 @ 1/2?

Hertha was kicked out the DFB pokal last weekend. They really will have to show up for this one.
    Last season they were Bundesliga.
    Regensburg is a promoted side who played on monday for the DFB pokal against Bayern so probably had to run their socks off.
    Only explanation i can think of.

looking at the new assist market on boyle sports eden hazard assited 5 goals in 3 games like the look of him to do again against newcastle

eden hazard first assist 6/1

eden hazard anytime assist 9/4

decent prices

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Marty09

Trying 3 aways as treble
    Any thoughts?

Peterboro v Leeds 11/8

Colchester v Sheff Untd 5/4

Inverness CT V Celtic 8/15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Something of interest for tonight possibly in the CONCAF CL

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/08/24/nc-america/concacaf-champions-league/los-angeles-galaxy/asociacion-deportiva-isidro-metapan/1300122/

I'd say if you can get any half decent odds on overs go for it, I can't get any odds on Ladbrokes yet so hope there's some in play betting. As far as Galaxy are concerned their main front men are all available, their form has also picked up a lot recently.. Meanwhile the Isidro Metapán 1st choice Goalkeeper just broke his leg last week, while both teams are liable to score and concede a few.

Ended 5-2 to LA :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Why didn't I follow you :(

BBTS was something like @2.25 :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Lyon
    Bolton v Forest - BTS

3/1 double. 50 euro on.

Heading to the Hertha Berlin match tonight so will be having a bet on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Marty09 wrote: »
    Trying 3 aways as treble
    Any thoughts?

Peterboro v Leeds 11/8

Colchester v Sheff Untd 5/4

Inverness CT V Celtic 8/15
    Celtic may be worth avoiding as they have the 2nd leg of their champions league qualifier Wednesday. Kayal and Ledley have joined the injury list and I can't see Lennon risking anymore injuries. Whatever team he puts out should be good enough to get the win but @8/15 it's not worth the gamble. Celtic gave always struggled up in Inverness even though the stats don't back it up most of the games are tight affairs.

Ahhhhh. PaddyPower down.

Ajaccio win or draw (vs Valenciennes) @ 1.83

Ajaccio are in good form, they won away to Nice and drew with P$G. Valenciennes are a very average team who don't lose very often at home. Last season, Ajaccio beat Valenciennes twice and Ajaccio's coach was the coach of Brest last season and Brest drew 0-0 away to Valenciennes.

West Brom win or draw (vs Spurs) @ 2.60

They beat Pool 3-0 and Spurs' manager is AVB...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Marty09

Fitzcal wrote: »
    Celtic may be worth avoiding as they have the 2nd leg of their champions league qualifier Wednesday. Kayal and Ledley have joined the injury list and I can't see Lennon risking anymore injuries. Whatever team he puts out should be good enough to get the win but @8/15 it's not worth the gamble. Celtic gave always struggled up in Inverness even though the stats don't back it up most of the games are tight affairs.

Was thinking similar about them too, always a bit dodgy on away bets that tend to look ok.
    Last weeks last minute draw at Ross County is typical example.

West Brom win or draw (vs Spurs) @ 2.60

They beat Pool 3-0 and Spurs' manager is AVB...

I'd be careful with that.

The 3-0 was a mainly down to a crazy 15 mins where there was a long range screamer, two penalties and one red card. The shape of the game after that was lost as a result. Up until WBs first goal, Pool were the better team.

Spurs were also the better team for the majority of the Newcastle match.

Thanks for that.
    Wouldnt have noticed that match otherwise.
    Over 4 and over 3,5 in 2 separate accumulators are thanking you too :p

inforfun wrote: »

Roda is able to score a goal with Malki (25 goals last season, 1 in 2 matches this season)
    Malki @2.6 any time.
    On it.

interesting stat.

Last year the scottish div 3 had 61% of games over 2.5 goals.

7/10 so far have been overs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Anyone else really fancy Lyon against Evian tonight, They have won the first 3 games of the season, where as Evian has lost both, Granted Lyon are away, I just think 21/20 is to good to turn down, heres hoping im right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

For me the bet of the day is Werder +2 AH at Borussia Dortmund - 1.675 at bet365.com (didn't check other bookies) looks like a great value during opening day of the season. Werder +1.5 AH odds are 2.1, also worth considering.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement