Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It looks like we are going around in circles here. Can you all please agree to disagree on this? The direction this discussion is going is not going to change anyones mind or opinion.

Can you keep this on the subject of Eminem please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It looks like we are going around in circles here. Can you all please agree to disagree on this? The direction this discussion is going is not going to change anyones mind or opinion.

Can you keep this on the subject of Eminem please.

i agree. but it seems that my opinions get dismisssed and slagged off while others opinions they try and come across as facts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

you cant compare ludacris to immortal technique(bet u dont even know him) for example.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

He is Immortal Technique not some UAE Female rapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

He is Immortal Technique not some UAE Female rapper.

United Arab Emirates? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

United Arab Emirates? :confused:

Yeah, random country.

Probably not grammatically correct, but yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

No its not. They are both hip hop artists and therefore can be compared. By your definition, you cant compare ludacris to immortal technique(bet u dont even know him) for example.
    And just what do you base that assumption on?
    Sorry but your wrong. various people here said dark twistes fanastasy is a "masterpiece" whilst recoery is not lol. if that is a masterpiece then surely its comparable to illmatic which is a masterpiece. get it?[/QUOTE]
    i agree. but it seems that my opinions get dismisssed and slagged off while others opinions they try and come across as facts

Contradicting yourself sunshine.

It's a discussion forum and everyone is entitled to an opinion. A little less condescending would be nice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Do I have to write in bold to be heard? I'm not going to go through the last 6 or so post and infract everyone, so instead:

MOD WARNING - Any more off topic discussion is a ban of random length. And I mean anything that is not about Eminem and its ban city.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Was only talking about this with a mate of mine last night in the car, he had the Slim Shady LP on when he picked me up, listened to As The World Turns and Role Model, absolute genius...then later in the night when he was dropping me home the radio was on and what comes, Lighters with Bruno Mars...if this thread wasn't here already I probably would have started it today..first time I've listened to SSLP in a while and now I can't bear the thought of listening to any of his recent stuff (with a couple of exceptions)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cathall

I like his newer stuff more than his older stuff as he raps about better more inspirational things I think he is a ledgend in rap do

• Advertisement

cathall wrote: »
    I like his newer stuff more than his older stuff as he raps about better more inspirational things I think he is a ledgend in rap do
    +1
    i like both old and new eminem. i liek recover and put that as one of his best albums due to teh fact that he started rapping about otehr stuff besides the same "i slept with britney, lady gagga,<insert latest gratest female artist>, "i want to kill kim" etc etc.

he has matured a hell of a lot

+1
    i like both old and new eminem. i liek recover and put that as one of his best albums due to teh fact that he started rapping about otehr stuff besides the same "i slept with britney, lady gagga,<insert latest gratest female artist>, "i want to kill kim" etc etc.

he has matured a hell of a lot

If you have listened to any of his early work you'd know they're not the only topics he rapped about, listen to the SSLP, the MMLP and Infinite, 3 different albums with a wide variety of topics throughout them.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    If you have listened to any of his early work you'd know they're not the only topics he rapped about, listen to the SSLP, the MMLP and Infinite, 3 different albums with a wide variety of topics throughout them.

Yea i have listened to those mate. Regardless. Eminem is the same bracket as Nas. simple as that.

Eminem is awsome. fantastic rapper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Where would you consider the split from old to new though?
    Something like this methinks:

EARLY
    Infinite (1996)
    OLD
    The Slim Shady LP (1999)
    The Marshall Mathers LP (2000)
    The Eminem Show (2002)
    Encore (2004)
    NEW
    Relapse (2009)
    Recovery (2010)

In my humble opinion his old stuff is far better. The first 3 albums I have listed in the 'old' category I could literally listen to all day, all the way through, but Relapse and Recovery have a couple of stinkers. Even though I have Encore in the old section I didn't really like that album as it was the start of his off stage problems and as a friend of mine said, he spent more time whining about being famous and referencing his daughter more than anything else. He was definitely hungrier on the first 3 albums (excluding Infinite here) and everything was fresh and raw.

I would say he has matured but it doesn't make for better rhymes imo. :o And in fairness even though Relapse features the return of the Slim Shady style violent raps it's not done in a funny way anymore, some of those tracks are just twisted! :eek:

If you took it as a 3 v 3 situation I think I know what 3 I'd vote for!
    Slim Shady LP Encore
    Marshall Mathers LP v Relapse
    Eminem Show Recovery

Has to be the first 3 for me, look at these songs across all 3... My Name Is, Guilty Conscience, 97 Bonnie & Clyde, Just Don't Give a ****, Stan, The Way I Am, The Real Slim Shady, Bitch Please II, White America, Business, Cleanin' Out My Closet, Square Dance, Without Me, Sing for the Moment, Superman, Till' I Collapse...

can anyone name 16 tracks from the last 3 albums that would beat those in a head to head? I'm not trying to be a d!ck about this, if you believe in 16 tracks enough then name them and maybe I'll change my mind! :D

Recovery hints at a return to form though and I think the next album will be class, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aaronc2013

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Smokey2442

Love Em- his songs are half crazy, half poetry. Everything he says is true.
    He also helps keep me calm! :cool:

Who's going to see him in Slane this year? Can't wait xD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Where would you consider the split from old to new though?
    Something like this methinks:

EARLY
    Infinite (1996)
    OLD
    The Slim Shady LP (1999)
    The Marshall Mathers LP (2000)
    The Eminem Show (2002)
    Encore (2004)
    NEW
    Relapse (2009)
    Recovery (2010)

In my humble opinion his old stuff is far better. The first 3 albums I have listed in the 'old' category I could literally listen to all day, all the way through, but Relapse and Recovery have a couple of stinkers. Even though I have Encore in the old section I didn't really like that album as it was the start of his off stage problems and as a friend of mine said, he spent more time whining about being famous and referencing his daughter more than anything else. He was definitely hungrier on the first 3 albums (excluding Infinite here) and everything was fresh and raw.

I would say he has matured but it doesn't make for better rhymes imo. :o And in fairness even though Relapse features the return of the Slim Shady style violent raps it's not done in a funny way anymore, some of those tracks are just twisted! :eek:

If you took it as a 3 v 3 situation I think I know what 3 I'd vote for!
    Slim Shady LP Encore
    Marshall Mathers LP v Relapse
    Eminem Show Recovery

Has to be the first 3 for me, look at these songs across all 3... My Name Is, Guilty Conscience, 97 Bonnie & Clyde, Just Don't Give a ****, Stan, The Way I Am, The Real Slim Shady, Bitch Please II, White America, Business, Cleanin' Out My Closet, Square Dance, Without Me, Sing for the Moment, Superman, Till' I Collapse...

can anyone name 16 tracks from the last 3 albums that would beat those in a head to head? I'm not trying to be a d!ck about this, if you believe in 16 tracks enough then name them and maybe I'll change my mind! :D

Recovery hints at a return to form though and I think the next album will be class, fingers crossed!

I don't like how he delivers his bars in his new raps. Uses a weird accent. Overdubs too much. Too much shouting. He sounds rigid and mechanical. The beats are horrible. He's never had very good beat choices was better off when Dre was overseeing his projects and seeing that they stayed musical.

He's never had very good beat choices was better off when Dre was overseeing his projects and seeing that they stayed musical.

That goes hand in hand with em being a fairly bad producer as it is, can only think of one beat he's made that I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

True dat. He's ruined Yelawolf & Slaughterhouse shoehorning them into his production aesthetic as well. Certainly didn't help with their sales. Should have just let them be themselves.

Em is not a good producer. he is capable of making one decent beat per year, that is all.

Did he make the beats on his last album because if he did, thats em's best work as the beats where great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    That goes hand in hand with em being a fairly bad producer as it is, can only think of one beat he's made that I like.

Moment of Clarity for me. Love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Im not a fan of post marshal mathers, but to be fair his producing isnt as bad as you think, i know he has loads and loads of shiote, but to be fair he has a good ear.

Heres some of his production work.

Eminem - The Slim Shady EP
    "Intro" (Slim Shady)
    "Low Down, Dirty" (Produced With Mr.Porter)
    "Just the Two of Us" (co-produced by Eminem)
    "Guilty Conscience" (Produced With Dr. Dre)
    "If I Had"
    "97' Bonnie & Clyde"
    "My Fault"
    "Cum on Everybody"
    "Just Don't Give a ****"
    "As the World Turns"
    "I'm Shady"
    "Bad Meets Evil"
    "Still Don't Give a ****"
    "Bad Meets Evil" - Non album track

Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP
    "The Way I Am"
    "Drug Ballad" (Produced With Bass Brothers)
    "Stan" (co-produced by Eminem)
    "Under The Influence" (Produced With Bass Brothers)
    "Marshall Mathers" (Produced With Bass Brothers)
    "Criminal" (Produced With Bass Brothers)
    "The Kids" (Produced With Bass Brothers)

Jay-Z - The Blueprint
    "Renegade"

Nas - God's Son
    "The Cross"

Eminem - The Eminem Show
    "Curtains Up"
    "White America" (co-produced by J.Bass)
    "Cleanin' Out My Closet" (co-produced by J.Bass)
    "Square Dance"
    "Soldier"
    "The Kiss"
    "Say Goodbye Hollywood"
    "Drips"
    "Without Me"
    "Sing for the Moment" (co-produced by J.Bass)
    "Superman" (co-produced by J.Bass)
    "Hailie's Song"
    "When the Music Stops" (produced with Mr. Porter)
    "'Till I Collapse"
    "Curtains Close"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

TheBza wrote: »
    Im not a fan of post marshal mathers, but to be fair his producing isnt as bad as you think, i know he has loads and loads of shiote, but to be fair he has a good ear.

Heres some of his production work.

Eminem - The Slim Shady EP
    "Intro" (Slim Shady)
    "Low Down, Dirty" (Produced With Mr.Porter)
    "Just the Two of Us" (co-produced by Eminem)
    "Guilty Conscience" (Produced With Dr. Dre)
    "If I Had"
    "97' Bonnie & Clyde"
    "My Fault"
    "Cum on Everybody"
    "Just Don't Give a ****"
    "As the World Turns"
    "I'm Shady"
    "Bad Meets Evil"
    "Still Don't Give a ****"
    "Bad Meets Evil" - Non album track

Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP
    "The Way I Am"
    "Drug Ballad" (Produced With Bass Brothers)
    "Stan" (co-produced by Eminem)
    "Under The Influence" (Produced With Bass Brothers)
    "Marshall Mathers" (Produced With Bass Brothers)
    "Criminal" (Produced With Bass Brothers)
    "The Kids" (Produced With Bass Brothers)

Jay-Z - The Blueprint
    "Renegade"

Nas - God's Son
    "The Cross"

Eminem - The Eminem Show
    "Curtains Up"
    "White America" (co-produced by J.Bass)
    "Cleanin' Out My Closet" (co-produced by J.Bass)
    "Square Dance"
    "Soldier"
    "The Kiss"
    "Say Goodbye Hollywood"
    "Drips"
    "Without Me"
    "Sing for the Moment" (co-produced by J.Bass)
    "Superman" (co-produced by J.Bass)
    "Hailie's Song"
    "When the Music Stops" (produced with Mr. Porter)
    "'Till I Collapse"
    "Curtains Close"

He also co-produced Lose Yourself with Luis Resto, which in fairness won an oscar and is a dope song!

Seems people here got poor taste in production work to think that eminem is one of the worse producers ever and how Timbo is an average producer...

come on people!!!! :)

Seems people here got poor taste in production work to think that eminem is one of the worse producers ever and how Timbo is an average producer...

come on people!!!! :)
    Nobody said eminem is one of the worst producers ever, he's just not good man. And I think I'm the only person here that doesn't like timbaland, everybody else does :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Not the biggest Timbaland fan, but he can be very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Shady Promotions twitter account tweeted that there was new Eminem music being released July 9th.

cant wait

Advertisement