Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Khan V Peterson may be off

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

walshb wrote: »
    I cannot see Marquez being a risk at all. Style or not, too small, and Khan is too fast and too fit. Juan's style of counter punching won't work against a clearly bigger and faster fighter. Khan would do damage to Juan I feel.

I'll put it this way I completely underestimated Marquez against Manny, and strategically he was excellent that night, Khan might have all the physical advantages but Marquez has the boxing intellect and experience to make it a very difficult night for Amir.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,021 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I'll put it this way I completely underestimated Marquez against Manny, and strategically he was excellent that night, Khan might have all the physical advantages but Marquez has the boxing intellect and experience to make it a very difficult night for Amir.

Thing is, I agree that technically Marquez is very good, balanced etc, but against a man with that size, and wicked speed, and an engine, and who will catch and hurt Juan, no, I cannot see anything but a clear Khan win. Khan is very tricky to outbox. I have never seen him outboxed. He lost, but never outboxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

walshb wrote: »
    Thing is, I agree that technically Marquez is very good, balanced etc, but against a man with that size, and wicked speed, and an engine, and who will catch and hurt Juan, no, I cannot see anything but a clear Khan win. Khan is very tricky to outbox. I have never seen him outboxed. He lost, but never outboxed.

True, but he's never fought someone as technically talented as Marquez either, the likes of Maidana, Kotelnik, Judah may all be solid enough boxers but Marquez is a big step up in class on a fair few levels.

Freddie Roach said that Amir starts well in sparring against Manny but Manny always seems to take control in the latter rounds, I could see Amir starting well, but making it difficult for himself, trying to engage and almost show off how tough he is when the tried and tested, speed from range could do enough.

Just think that as far as a boxing brain Marquez is a different class altogether.

Advertisement