Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The NOPE Thread *Not for the Squeamish*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-36781296

Because what makes more sense than meeting a stranger in a motel for "amateur testicle surgery"?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

6168_b884.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I'm sorry I don't have a photo or video… this is my own personal nope :(

I take my dog for a walk around a particular country lane every day. This lane winds around some farms and is practically one tractor wide. Last week I came by a dead badger, it's head squished by the side of the road, near the hedge.

It was quite disgusting. With its eyeball popped out. Teeth all broken up. And it was raining. I was hoping that one of the farmers would come and scoop it up and throw it away before it got too ripe.

Alas, it was not to be. Every day I'd go for my walk, hoping it would be gone. And every day, there it was, looking back at me with it's popped out eye and busted up mouth. Now stinking to high heaven. As I walked past it a mass of swarming flys would get disturbed and buzz about.

Then a couple of days ago the hedges were trimmed and I would have thought the dead badger would have been disposed of. NOPE!

It was now lying in the god damned middle of the road!! I mean WTF?!?!? :eek:

Now even more squished, it's guts now hanging out and the stench was too much, I had to hold my breath as I walked past.

Now that it was in the middle of the road it kept getting run over by tractors and cars. What kind of sick ****s live there, that they'd rather run over road kill every day than get rid of it?

And there it lies. All mangled to **** and stench that would bring tears to your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

^^^

Same thing happened to me last month ... but with a dead ground hog.

I put it in a garbage bag and dropped it off at the town dump.

Problem solved.

^^^

Same thing happened to me last month ... but with a dead ground hog.

I put it in a garbage bag and dropped it off at the town dump.

Problem solved.

I was thinking down the same lines but I only walk there with my dog, so that's an impossibility. Plus it's so disgustingly mangled and stinking now, I wouldn't touch it with a stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

mad muffin wrote: »
    I was thinking down the same lines but I only walk there with my dog, so that's an impossibility. Plus it's so disgustingly mangled and stinking now, I wouldn't touch it with a stick.

You always take two plastic bags with you when you walk your dog, right?

Little Red Hen solution!
    Next time, early in the decay process, glove your hand with one bag, lift roadkill by the tail, discus style, throw it into the hedgerow - problem solved!:D

GrumpyMe wrote: »

Little Red Hen solution!
    Next time, early in the decay process, glove your hand with one bag, lift roadkill by the tail, discus style, throw it into the hedgerow - problem solved!:D

That's what smart people do. People like me think… won't someone get rid of this already!:pac::D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Little Red Hen solution!

Throwing plastic bags into a hedge....seriously???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

A small shovel will do the trick. Can double up as a walking stick.

sydthebeat wrote: »

The dead badger juices would break that little poo bag down toot-sweet :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Little Red Hen solution!
    Next time, early in the decay process, glove your hand with one bag, lift roadkill by the tail, discus style, throw it into the hedgerow - problem solved!biggrin.png

The "it" in the quote is the dead animal - the plastic bag stays on your hand!

The bags I had in mind would be big enough to "clean up" after a dog not plastic sacks. Some are biodegrade so they wouldn't be a problem anyway even if they did accompany the corpse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Good news everyone! Dead badger Steve, or roadkill Steve to his friends, has moved on.

The council must have come along sometime yesterday to fill in all the potholes in the lane. They must have told him to move along, as they were getting a lot of complaints of his unholy stench upsetting people :pac:

So he's moved on to pastures new :D

Good news everyone! Dead badger Steve, or roadkill Steve to his friends, has moved on.

The council must have come along sometime yesterday to fill in all the potholes in the lane. They must have told him to move along, as they were getting a lot of complaints of his unholy stench upsetting people :pac:

So he's moved on to pastures new :D

Probably in one of the newly covered potholes

Probably in one of the newly covered potholes

Ha! :D

I imagine when that pothole cracks open it will be like day of the living dead badger :pac:

Ha! :D

I imagine when that pothole cracks open it will be like day of the living dead badger :pac:

First thing to appear will be the eyeball.

46291.jpg

First thing to appear will be the eyeball.

46291.jpg

That is an uncanny resemblance :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Don't worry. The fish is dead. It's moving because the nerves are reacting to the salt/soy sauce. Still a disgusting dish though and I wouldn't eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Reportedly, the word McChicken is trending online at the moment, for reasons given in that report. I haven't looked for that video, but I was exposed to a short excerpt on Twitter, and it is the very essence of Nope.

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/770189994975690752

https://twitter.com/UnitedgamerzHQ/status/770057519196676097

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

joaquin-phoenix-shock-signs.gif

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

chocksaway wrote: »
    what the absolute f*ck

100.gif

101.gif

100.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

A different type of nope , to clear the palette.

3344_5f96_960.jpeg

Something gentle to ease back into the swing of things

3352_7657_500.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Oh my God, that hoarder episode is mental. There was something similar on the US version years ago and they had to move the lady out to a new house, such were the unsanitory conditions.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

85128145.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

tgnOgA8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Everything in this thread:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/52CqN

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

tgnOgA8.jpg

Him? He's gorgeous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

You know, I didn't go to school in Ireland, so I missed all this ... :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement