Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The NOPE Thread *Not for the Squeamish*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Yakuza wrote: »
    Caving, the sport that just screams "Nope".

This poor bloke died exploring an unknown cave system.

Jesus, hard to breathe just reading that.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

What the HELL is the appeal of caving?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Toots wrote: »
    What the HELL is the appeal of caving?

If you read this blog, a cave diver called Artur Koslowski explains what drives him to explore (in his case) underwater caves. Part of it is getting past the underwater bit to another above water cave that nobody has ever seen before.

Unfortunately, Artur drowned doing what he loved in a cave outside Gort in September 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Normal caving...... maaaybe understandable.

Underwater caving.... why why why why......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Guy wrecks his ankle jumping on a trampoline

Linked because of gore: http://i.imgur.com/72wdx5h.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭KNS

Arm wrestling gone wrong. I think it's the sound that makes it worse. They're two professional rugby league players as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The Nutty Putty cave article also had this:

"Josh Jones said that once he first realized his brother was stuck, his first instinct was to pray. Those in the cave offered what he called a "series of prayers" before making the decision to call 911 around 9:30 p.m."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

anybody in here like bananas :eek:

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

razorblunt wrote: »
    The Nutty Putty cave article also had this:

"Josh Jones said that once he first realized his brother was stuck, his first instinct was to pray. Those in the cave offered what he called a "series of prayers" before making the decision to call 911 around 9:30 p.m."

This just beggars belief. How long did they spend praying before calling it in? Who knows if they'd called for help sooner there might have been a different outcome.

Although, reading a follow up article it says his body is still in there, so it might not have made any difference at all.
    But a pre-Thanksgiving outing to the cave left John, 26, trapped. He died after spending 27 hours in a small opening in the cave, unable to be extricated by rescuers. His remains are entombed there still.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i was down in dunmore cave a month back and the guide there was telling me that the death rate for cave divers is 25% !!!!!

25%

youd have a better chance surviving bubonic plague

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

sydthebeat wrote: »
    i was down in dunmore cave a month back and the guide there was telling me that the death rate for cave divers is 25% !!!!!

25%

youd have a better chance surviving bubonic plague

It is dangerous, certainly, but 25% is bull5hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Toots wrote: »
    This just beggars belief. How long did they spend praying before calling it in? Who knows if they'd called for help sooner there might have been a different outcome.

Although, reading a follow up article it says his body is still in there, so it might not have made any difference at all.

You would think that now he's dead they wouldnt worry about breaking his legs to get him out. Pity for his family.

razorblunt wrote: »
    You would think that now he's dead they wouldnt worry about breaking his legs to get him out. Pity for his family.

Another article on it said that the recovery process would be too risky for the rescuers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

^^ That has to be fake? As in surely those liquids aren't what they're purported to be...?

Think I have a winner here...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Matta Harri

Poor puppy :(

Poor tapeworms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Congratulations, that was one of the most revolting things I've ever seen. I wouldn't mind but it looks like the pup comes back to nose around them and maybe consume the bloody things again. A vomity smilie is needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

John Cena of WWE fame suffered a badly broken nose after a knee from his opponent in a match last night. Aftermath:

004_RAW_07272015jg_0005-1346874580.jpg

^^ Looks like a typical broken nose... Not terribly 'nope' although I'm sure it smarted when it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

^^ Looks like a typical broken nose... Not terribly 'nope' although I'm sure it smarted when it happened.

Yeah, two palms and two seconds.. Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

nope-212-08012015.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    John Cena of WWE fame suffered a badly broken nose after a knee from his opponent in a match last night. Aftermath:

004_RAW_07272015jg_0005-1346874580.jpg

wonder will he get it fixed or leave it be ala Mike tindall
    http://images.newsvend.info/131071-177800-large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Sure, leap from pillar to pillar on a high-rise building...
    This one is a two-fer; wobbly-cam motion sickness and height vertigo all rolled into one for your entertainment and delight...

gzFUqAi.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Kid's back after operation to remove a massive tumor

oS4oSZ1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

More a badge of bravery for the little man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I know some people find this nope so that's why I'm posting it.

Personally, I find this very hhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

cliff diving ehhhhh :eek:

skip to 1.25 for a POV

HOLY CRAP :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement