Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The NOPE Thread *Not for the Squeamish*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Damien360

bnt wrote: »
    You know, I didn't go to school in Ireland, so I missed all this ... :eek:

Don't remember that. Hell we didn't get a sex education. Mother handed me a book and told me to read it.

The only video we saw in school was about AIDS. It had loads of videos of peoples Bell ends coming with it appearing very yellow. No instruction on condoms of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Back with our regularly-scheduled programming, the Journal of Acute Medicine published an article entitled "Scrotum incarceration with nine galvanized iron rings: An unusual case report". There are "before", "during" and "after" pictures on the "images" tab. Ow. Hydraulic bolt cutters were required.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Finn Harps player Kevin McHugh had a wee bit of an accident yesterday:

https://twitter.com/KevinMcHugh10/status/783709147552448512

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

too nopey not to share :

I changed a couples boiler back in Jan from gravity sytem to sealed combination.

I was up in the loft removing the cold water storage tank, when I found this...a very dead rat in the [attic tank].

They'd been brushing their teeth and bathing with the fella for a long time.

I vacumed him up, he was like sludge.

pic of same dearly departed :

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

gctest50 wrote: »
    too nopey not to share :

pic of same dearly departed :
    *vomit smilie*

The only thing worse than that, is the case where the girl fell into a water tank in a hotel and the guests started complaining about the water smelling and tasting funny. She wasn't found for a week :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

bnt wrote: »
    You know, I didn't go to school in Ireland, so I missed all this ... :eek:

She starts off... "in the first of our sessions....". I tough she was going to do live demonstration :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Great white shark breaks into cage with cage diver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

I'll just leave this here .....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

sYuDZNG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

tumblr_oganp3NQEJ1qasthro4_1280.jpg

Mod note: This is sooo much better suited to the Nope thread that I'm going to move it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

373697.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

373763.jpg

Don't know if this is true or has been filtered or whatever, but if it's true, it's scary.

1374043_529512093797443_1522156840_n.jpg?oh=02a5fd51298a0f899dbd86e0f114ef4e&oe=58B57F9F

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

^^^
    Both dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    ^^^
    Both dead.

^^^^ one likely a lot younger than the other. Said as someone who gave themselves smoking induced asthma. The asthma can be pretty bad at times and I've ended up in A&E but at least it wasn't lung cancer or emphasima, which is pretty much a painful drawn out death sentence. It's no joke gasping for air and not being able to breath. It fells like you are being suffocated.

'Never again', said he.

dog-being-sick.jpg

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

^^
    That's why you never give a dog chocolate. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Toots wrote: »
    ^^
    That's why you never give a dog chocolate. :(
    True. Might have sneaked a chocolate cake while no one was looking. The dog was probably given something like ipecac.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Just a heads-up to any dog owners. ^^^That dog's vomiting would have been induced to get it out of its system before it killed him/her^^^

They don't vomit natural after chocolate ingestion and enough chocolate can leave them very sick or kill them. It depends on the volume of chocolate relative to the dogs size. The type of chocolate influences, cooking chocolate is much more dangerous for them. Take care of your pooch!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

ecFNkZI.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

osarusan wrote: »

uRpYxLt.jpg

Perhaps it was this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Dairy Milk Vegemite?! NOPE!

rong on every level.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Marmite brought out a choccy bar a few years back, the after taste..my god it was horrible. and i love the stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Marmite / vegimite

giphy.gif

A Russian fisherman has been tweeting pictures of the deep sea creatures he's been catching ...

fisherman-posts-deep-sea-creatures-roman-fedorstov-russia-18-585a596ad4b00__700.jpg

(more)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    ^^^
    Both dead.

Actually, those displays are normally pig lungs, not human lungs...though yes, both still dead! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Actually, those displays are normally pig lungs, not human lungs...though yes, both still dead! :D
    But that would mean the pig on the right would have to have been over 18 years old to buy cigarettes :confused:

Advertisement