Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

BKC wrote: »
    Gamestop, yeah. I didn't know how much it cost though. I just asked to pre-order it and paid my €5.

Its down as 63 on the gamestop website
    Symths have it for 65 minus the adidas dlc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is the ultimate edition worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Loved in the older pes, when you could pick three teams and get a mix of players from each.

Would love to see this in Fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Luap wrote: »
    Loved in the older pes, when you could pick three teams and get a mix of players from each.

Would love to see this in Fifa.

Random Select Match.

Me and a few mates went for a trip down memory lane with PES 6 recently and were blown away with how much fun that mode was. If that was in FIFA it would be so much fun as local multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Random Select Match.

Me and a few mates went for a trip down memory lane with PES 6 recently and were blown away with how much fun that mode was. If that was in FIFA it would be so much fun as local multiplayer.

They don't make em like they used too.

Also really liked the Pes store, where you could buy different things with money you got from career.

Edit: Does the new Pes have this?

• Advertisement

It doesn't have Random Select Match, no. It has a PES store I think, but again it aint like back in the day when you could have your whole team riding on ostriches!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Same for me, never give a crap about how much I pay for FIFA as I end up playing it for 11 months every year, something no other game comes close to for me.

It all depends on how early I can get the game, but this year I am going with the season ticket. I know it's money-whoring by EA but FIFA a week early? Good god yes. Also I play Madden, NHL and really want to try their new NBA game aswell as whatever they put on Season ticket like NCAA etc. So it's worth it for me.

As for FIFA 13, the career mode does sound great, it was better in 12 but still needs work so hopefully I can play more than 2 seasons without feeling bored. But really I am most delighted with the mini-games and crossbar challenge/head tennis etc. I can't tell you how much time is spend doing nothing in the arena when the lads are around, finally something to fill that void.

Just asked Gamesnash what the story is. I'll let you know how I get on, if you decide against the season ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It doesn't have Random Select Match, no. It has a PES store I think, but again it aint like back in the day when you could have your whole team riding on ostriches!

Sigh. The push towards "realism". I remember when FIFA used to allow you turn on a rainbow trail that followed the ball or have funky bounces and aliens. The good old days (when epic matches of indoor soccer featured).

🤪

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Guys anyone thinking of preordering check out the more the merrier offer Gamesnash are running.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056720877

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeh I just ordered mine. I usually go with Gamesnash. Top blokes and very reliable about getting the games to you on release day.

• Advertisement

A look at FIFA 13's Skill Games (essentially replacing the arena)

🤪

Axwell wrote: »
    Guys anyone thinking of preordering check out the more the merrier offer Gamesnash are running.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056720877

Cheers

Ordered mine with them and picked express delivery.

Heard of people saying on boards that their order sometimes arrives the day before release.

Here is hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Really liking the look of the new arena and hopefully they will install something like that in Career mode as a "training session"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Just ordered via Gamesnash, forgot to add my username to the order #fail

miralize wrote: »
    Just ordered via Gamesnash, forgot to add my username to the order #fail

If you PM Pat, he'll sort it out for you I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Already sent a request to change it! All sorted now! :)

Mario Balotelli's Hulk pose will feature as a celebration:

I also covered this, but there's a segment towards the end about a possible new skill pass.

🤪

Not gonna lie, I am pumped for those skill games. Always wanted things like crossbar challenge to kill the time between games, instead of just trying to pull off Rabona's. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

OOOOOOOOOOOmygodomygodomygod.

Can't wait.

Did anyone else take note from the video that dinking the ball looks improved over previous FIFA's?.
    In one challenge, the player is chipping them from close inside the box.

Have to say they're a waste of time since that FIFA when everyone used to do them(08, 09?).

Sometimes I try them when I'm 4/5 nil up. They either travel about 4 yards or else if you do get it over the keeper the elevation kills the forward momentum and they don't carry far enough.

They did however add an alternative in the WC game that some people still haven't copped onto.
    In that if you have enough space between yourself and the keeper and he's outside his box, if you finesse the shot it usually just blows by him.
    However if you're too close to goal or he gets at you too quick, you need to flick it around him then.

• Advertisement

They've finally put being in Europe in your first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

They've finally put being in Europe in your first season.
    Excellent and it makes CM a lot more realistic than it was before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Some more info Career Mode i saw on the FIFA forums
    All from Nicolas Van Hoorde, who just had a four hour playthrough of CM and Be a Pro.
    Follow him @NicolasVH

Career Mode #FIFA13

- There are a few more sliders in audio settings. Not 100% sure, but you can now set volume imported chants and 'voices players'. All other settings seem pretty much the same.

- Have been asked this. Saudi Pro League and Polski League are in.

- Here's a BIG one: you can now play in European competitions from the first season in Career mode. No play-off games for season 1, straight to groupstage. Both Champions' Cup and Euro League. Good enough. Also, you can let the CPU pick the teams (randomize) or just pick the teams yourself, so you can replicate the groups from real life!

- New option before starting CM: set financial strictness. This is a percentage that decides how much from a outgoing transfer you get.

- Started CM with Chelsea. Got a bid of 37 million EUR for Mata from Man City. Counter-offered 57. They got back with 49. I accepted.

- Haha, new option when creating your manager. Outfit-style: training, suit or 'shirt and tie'. Can also choose color.for all those wondering where RVP is going. #FIFA13 decided he's going to Bayern for 34 million EUR. 283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif

- Wanted list for transfers is a nice addition.

- Menus are much more responsive. Visual style is mainly the same, but it's much smarter presented. Less going back/forth in menus.

- I can confirm that your created manager will be visible during matches. You can also see your teammates warm up during a game. Nice touches. And yes, the managers move. New sub cutscenes. Yes, the managers seem to celebrate/react dissapointed after a goal. 3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif

- Still limited to 3 subs in friendlies. 9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif

- Also noticing much more noise from the crowd. Especially when alone on goal or before/after a shot. Much more atmosphere.

- Changes in gameplay are much more subtle than last year. But that's fine. It's a much better game than #FIFA12.

- New cutscene before first compeition game. Photographers take team photo. Again a nice little touch. Also captains shaking hands.

- You can hand in a request to the board to receive more transfer budget. It comes with a price though. I requested extra money but had to commit to achieving an League Cup AND FA Cup win. I asked for 50 million EUR extra. Got rejected by board.

- skill games really remind my of #TopSpin / #VirtuaTennis minigames. 3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif

- New goalkeeper animations spotted. Looks good

- Fourth official holds up board during sub cutscenes.

- What can you say about player growth/youth academy as of yet? @zackforeman No changes on the foreground. But I'm believed that the system in the background has been improved. #FIFA13 #YouthSystem

- Commentary in CM menus! They talk about next week games and talk short about the game you just played/simmed.

- No changes in Transfer Deadline Day.

- Haha, news message that Mata is injured off-pitch. Media reporting he was caught shopping and his shoe lace got caught in elevator and fell. Mata himself claims he got the injury falling over a step in his home. WTF. 283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif

- Both Belgium and Norway have shown interest in hiring me as national coach.

Doesn't quite have the same effect...

636276847.jpg?key=1600900&Expires=1344841585&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=NwuqXC7pTarJppSydAlsnhpmNraFiDu9dDbI9H6WMoyolh0gE1YJmvcXXMB1vKK0A4T3YdhiLdEM2ggtfQW~JN4ZN9hxmltchVi4CVpW1X~1NL2L7Y-Cu-vGK9AcV543v6f-4i~zzDb6x1okfxeEpr~FIMb0wyISoKldERs2Elo_

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well lads, I'm a bit of a noob to fifa. I got fifa 11 a couple of months back for 3 euro and loving it even though I don't really watch soccer. Last fifa before that was fifa 94! Anyway, I have preordered fifa 13 off gamesnash but had a question about career mode.

In 11, I'm playing with Southhampton in div 2 I think. It's all going fine steadily building my player but my team is crap and I can't seem to request a transfer. I started a new career with Liverpool but only played every one in 4 games because I was so bad. I was told to play as player-manager so I can just put myself on but I wouldn't have a clue of transfers or anything like.

Can anyone suggest the best way to start a career in 13 (based off your knowledge from 12 I spose)? Can you request transfers now or do better teams get an interest in you?

Also, being called to played for your country sounds class but I have only read about this when you were asked to manage the country. Can anyone confirm you can get called to play for a country as well?

Thanks!

PRETTY sure you can get an international call up.

FIFA 13 will be the first that will allow you to move mid-season. Unfortunately you're stuck til end of season now.

Unfortunately you won't be able to do Player-Manager in 13. It's either Manager or Player, nothing in between. They've said that you won't jump into the starting 11 of squads, so this avoids players picking themselves all the time. So really depends on if you want to play Virtual Pro or not. Player mode also avoids the difficulty of scouting, signing and spotting players. You can become a manager when your playing career comes to an end though.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Excellent, thanks Sabre. This def makes it easier to choose, will be going with player mode. Only thing left is to decide what team and league I'll start in.

New trailer should be out today, or at least very soon. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Whens the demo out?

• Advertisement

45 days until this is released. Not that I'm counting or anything..

Advertisement