Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 37 Match Day Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

more postive changes, how ? :confused:... berbatov was brought on for rooney who was dreadful and tbh looked tired, he was the only striker on the bench aswell so it obviously made sense. Clev was brought on for scholes and rafael because of an injury to rio which more than likely kept nani on the bench. Nothing more positive could of been done the decision to leave nani or giggs on the bench was a tactical one because the 3 points were the most important thing today for united.

there's one more round of games to go and although its not likely city will slip up , it isnt by any means impossible either. City have slipped up once already this season so to win today and go into the final game of the season level on points is a lifeline that couldnt be sacrificed by careless changes i.e nani instead of rafael for rio.

The game plan changed with the City result. They went out to score as many as possible. Leaving Hernandez on when he was struggling to string together a few passes was a mistake. Taking Rooney off ahead of him wasn't a positive move.

I fail to see how Nani wasn't involved. Fair enough the injuries late on played a part but he is far more of a goal threat than most out there. Carrick was almost playing as a striker for a few minutes at the end such was United's desire to score as many as possible.

Anyway it's done now. Swansea are brutal away from home. They capitulate. They were there for the taking but United didn't go for it. If the City result had been different then you can be sure that they would have knocked a load past them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

carlcon wrote: »
    Although my only close opponent in the €5000 prize pool (3k for winner, 1k for 2nd) is also having a stinker this week, so I'll be a good 30 points ahead with a week to go. I can start looking at holiday brochures this week instead. :p

What league is this and how does one go about getting into such a league next year? Juicy prizepool, what was the entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

KevIRL wrote: »
    carlcon wrote: »
    Although my only close opponent in the €5000 prize pool (3k for winner, 1k for 2nd) is also having a stinker this week, so I'll be a good 30 points ahead with a week to go. I can start looking at holiday brochures this week instead. :p

What league is this and how does one go about getting into such a league next year? Juicy prizepool, what was the entry?

I second that question!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

I'm Top of the boards league at last!! :) For the moment that is as I have no players left to play this gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

manual_man wrote: »
    I second that question!

thirded!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

51 for the week with Terry to play. 4th in the Boards league, although its tight at the top with three of us on the same points.

I'm getting a nosebleed here. At least I shouldn't have time now to capitulate and free fall down the table with only a week left!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Lemlin wrote: »
    51 for the week with Terry to play. 4th in the Boards league, although its tight at the top with three of us on the same points.

I'm getting a nosebleed here. At least I shouldn't have time now to capitulate and free fall down the table with only a week left!

I'm one of those three! ;) Delighted with the position. Don't think either of the top two spots are achievable now, but it'll be interesting to see if anyone can claim the third spot on their own...

Go for broke lads. Take a points hit if you have to. Get someone in no one else has. Captain him. Torres. No one remembers second place!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

So my lead over my opponent has gone from 64 a few weeks back, to 25 going into this week, to 5 points going into the final week. I still have Terry tonight to play but he's still due BP's from Petrov (hopefully not 3) so that figure could go up or down.

Cannot believe how much my team has imploded in the last few weeks, I'm not even entirely sure where I've gone wrong. Tevez was a bad choice but Ben Arfa and Siggy have massively under performed. I've been raped by injuries in defence and on top of this managed to get 4 captain choices in a row spectacularly wrong.

Hopefully I can hang on for one more week, would be gutted to lose a €1k league I've led for six months on the last day of the season.

SkySter wrote: »
    I'm one of those three! ;) Delighted with the position. Don't think either of the top two spots are achievable now, but it'll be interesting to see if anyone can claim the third spot on their own...

My new enemy :D Which team are you? I'm the Cavan Commandos. Terry left to play. Have you many left to play?

If I can finish top five I'll be happy, was down around 50th at Xmas and jumped up into the top 20 before slowly making top ten and now top five.

• Advertisement

Go for broke lads. Take a points hit if you have to. Get someone in no one else has. Captain him. Torres. No one remembers second place!!

We're fighting for third :D

I don't do points hit unless absolutely necessary. While all around me were losing the head and taking numerous hits in the double gameweek, I took one 4 pint hit to get in Pienaar and Terry.

That hit was only taken because BAE got injured as well.

It worked out well in the end.

roryc wrote: »
    Hopefully I can hang on for one more week, would be gutted to lose a €1k league I've led for six months on the last day of the season.

Is that the Buskers league? Do you have to be present in the pub on the last day of the season to claim the prize?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

C'mon Shaun Maloney. 1 goal from you and I'll have a chance of winning some money on the final day.

We're fighting for third :D

I don't do points hit unless absolutely necessary. While all around me were losing the head and taking numerous hits in the double gameweek, I took one 4 pint hit to get in Pienaar and Terry.

That hit was only taken because BAE got injured as well.

It worked out well in the end.

Haha. I'd be all or nothing. 2nd is as good to me as 9th!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Need Moses to have a queit game. I identified him as a massive differential this gw but couldn't bring him in. My rival did :p

43 plus bonus with Terry to play. Rival has 41 to play.

I brought in Hernandez on a free instead of Rooney for a hit. While I was technically correct, I didn't expect such a poor return from both players.

What's crazy is that one guy who was mid table has gome bonkers over the last month and is now 8 points off second! Took risks on Petrov and YaYa who have proven to be incredible differentials.

I think both players will be about 35-45 behind be with one game to go. I think it's a matter of taking no risks in the final week. Maybe take a 4 point hit to bring in the top 2 players for the gw and ride it out.

Is that the Buskers league? Do you have to be present in the pub on the last day of the season to claim the prize?

Yep. Was planning a weekend back in Ireland anyway as I havent been back in 6 months, so booked it for that weekend.

I was assuming 1st prize would cover the cost of my trip with a lot left over but I may now be claiming a shameful 2nd or 3rd (based on my league position for the last few months).

Not to worry, its all free money eh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Will BP's not be up today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

Where are those magical BP's

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

My new enemy :D Which team are you? I'm the Cavan Commandos. Terry left to play. Have you many left to play?

If I can finish top five I'll be happy, was down around 50th at Xmas and jumped up into the top 20 before slowly making top ten and now top five.

WAG Magnets. No more players to play this week so you might well be out on your own in third going into GW38..

I just might have to take roryc's advice and go for broke next week I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

SkySter wrote: »

Might as well complete the trio but unlike you 2 I'm officially third, at least until they sort the bonus points out:D.

Rooney as captain failed big time. Hope RVP doesn't get the 3 bonus points but if ade can get them for scoring twice despite being useless then rvp will surely get them.

I'm in a great battle in the boards pay league with 19TIMES(thankfully not looking like 20:)) and looks like there will be nothing in it going into the last day of the season. Thanks again to mirwillbeback for setting it up.

A moses hat-trick would be appreciated. Blackburn deserve to go down for that performance against spurs alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

44 points do far with Enrique to play(hopefully)

Petrov hopefully will bag 3BP. Might be asking too much for Rooney to get 3 as I had him as captain.

EA PPI not being calculated till tomorrow so no BPs till then according to the FF Scout

44 points do far with Enrique to play(hopefully)

Petrov hopefully will bag 3BP. Might be asking too much for Rooney to get 3 as I had him as captain.

I f**king hope neither get any, especially Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Earlier in the season, I was hosting an event in a semi-popular Dublin bar. I was talking to the manager (or owner? I'm not sure, someone "up high".) and the topic of FPL came up because they had their own league going with a €500 prize. He suggested I should join it. So I did. This was roughly in week 6-8 though, so that didn't please some people when a newbie joined and went straight to the top.

He got in touch and said a couple had complained so it'd be better for him if I dropped out, but to apologise for my troubles he emailed me a little program to download, which was actually like an FPL app that his friend made, where he kept track of a few dozen team scores. So I entered my team number, and just like that I was part of a 40-something person league with a bunch of hotel/bar owners with more money than brains. I entered about 8th in that league, so there were no complaints. That's when form kicked in and I pretty much blew all but one of them away.

TL;DR: You don't go about joining. You piss people off, get lucky, and get in for free. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Why do they track the scores off site when the FPL site does it perfectly well itself?

seems bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

As far as I know, the guy who designed it is an amateur programmer who does things like that as a hobby. So it was more for him, I guess. It automatically calculates the top weekly scores of the season, the monthly winners, and things like that; showing them all in the one very basic looking display, so it's actually pretty handy.

It also means they had full control over everything, from adding/removing people, or in one case (that I know of) including a guy who only made his team in week 3, so they added the average scores (-10) from week 1 and 2 to his score total to keep him involved.

Considering the money involved, it's been all very laid back. Like I said the other day, the one guy in competition with me is more concerned about going away on holiday this week than winning the extra €2000 (he's guarenteed at least 2nd). I can only assume most of these guys are loaded, knowing a few of them own bar/hotel chains.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Moses to be sent off please

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

He has a yellow already. Thank god I decided against taking a 4-pointer to get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I want to see red!!! NOW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Al-Habsi definitely due a few bonus points for not chickening out of this one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement