Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

haye v chisora

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

You'd probably be bored with this fight too if you viewed it on its merits . You probably don't put any blame on Haye for being boring against Vladmair . However,the promoters and media will build up Haye again for this anticipated event , and they will include enough WWE type entertainemt in and around the fight to distract people from the actual boxing
    Again, all a bit of an irrelevant dig. What big fights don't have a build up, laser show etc? You want them to fight in a cave with the lights off? Sure, neither of them are the best ever, but it's an awfully convincing grudge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Again, all a bit of an irrelevant dig. What big fights don't have a build up, laser show etc? You want them to fight in a cave with the lights off? Sure, neither of them are the best ever, but it's an awfully convincing grudge.

This isn't a big fight. It is a freak show as already described

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭corny

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Oh right so you can say who is and isnt a casual fan then, i never said i was a fan of haye so you can save the sanctimonius shiite for somebody else. I never claimed he was the second coming of tyson or anything close to that either i simply stated that in the current heavyweight division he can be exciting its that simple.

People are so focused on trying to score points on here at times its ****ing pathetic.

You shouldn't get upset that people call you on the fact you labelled David Haye 'an exciting heavyweight' and said 'he always comes to fight'. Thats simply not true and on a public forum people are entitled to say you're wrong. Up to you if you want to state your case.

Outside the ring Jayob is right he's done a fabulous job convincing the masses he's all action and good luck to him its made him a rich man. Inside the ring though he's not interested in proving he's the best, he's negative, very careful and has never proven he has real power at HW. For me, without the circus he's a dime a dozen at the weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

corny wrote: »
    You shouldn't get upset that people call you on the fact you labelled David Haye 'an exciting heavyweight' and said 'he always comes to fight'. Thats simply not true and on a public forum people are entitled to say you're wrong. Up to you if you want to state your case.

Outside the ring Jayob is right he's done a fabulous job convincing the masses he's all action and good luck to him its made him a rich man. Inside the ring though he's not interested in proving he's the best, he's negative, very careful and has never proven he has real power at HW. For me, without the circus he's a dime a dozen at the weight.

Hang on a second who is annoyed..me? get off that crack.

your entitled to your opinion as am i but you or nobody on here can state that im wrong and call it fact, everything is subjective.

Im not some fan of haye but i can see that he can be exciting when put up against the current crop of heavyweights, granted his last fight was dire but against fighters like chisora were he can open up and use his speed he has the ability look exciting. If there is something so wrong about saying that then whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,705 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Haye can be exciting in the speed/explosive sense, but he does so little most of the time, and lacks the stamina for sustained attacks, that mostly he can be less than exciting. Sure, when he lets go, connects and opens up one can get a wee bit excited, but couldn't we say that about man many fighters?

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Haye can be exciting in the speed/explosive sense, but he does so little most of the time, and lacks the stamina for sustained attacks, that mostly he can be less than exciting. Sure, when he lets go, connects and opens up one can get a wee bit excited, but couldn't we say that about man many fighters?

Fair points well made.

walshb wrote: »

The issue is not what he's capable of but what he shows in ring. He'll never open up against a halfway decent opponent at heavyweight. He has so many physical advantages that could make him a very dangerous fighter but the fact is the overriding instinct he shows in the ring is self-preservation and that will never lead to what the majority would call an exciting fight.

but i can see that he can be exciting when put up against the current crop of heavyweights

Fair enough but just one question. What gives you this insight? It can't be on the evidence of his fights at heavyweight can it?

Thats two questions i know:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

This is a strange one for me. Is Haye trying to get back on the Heavyweight circuit fighting Chisora as a stepping stone to another title shot? or is it just a one off fight.? He will most likely win and go on to fight someone like Boytsov or Helenius

Fair enough but just one question. What gives you this insight? It can't be on the evidence of his fights at heavyweight can it?

Thats two questions i know:)

What insight? chat to somebody else im not interested in answering your loaded questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

What insight? chat to somebody else im not interested in answering your loaded questions.

Look Haye has not had 1 exciting heavyweight fight, he had a few at cruiser alright but none at heavy and most have been awful spectacles in reality with him just doing the bare minimum..

Your statement was wrong any way you try to butter it.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    Look Haye has not had 1 exciting heavyweight fight, he had a few at cruiser alright but none at heavy and most have been awful spectacles in reality with him just doing the bare minimum..

Your statement was wrong any way you try to butter it.

Fair enough if people think my statement was wrong but if you think im gonna sit here and take snide comments off people you can think again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

If you say something stupid/false or wrong on a forum, people are gonna pull you up over it.

The reason it's gotten to a "snide" level (I don't really believe it has but whatever) is you stubbornly stuck to your guns despite appearing to be incorrect without having any necessary counter points.

Let it go...

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Go Tobban

The only way I'll enjoy this fight is if a double knock out happens

2 despicable humans

if you think im gonna sit here and take snide comments off people you can think again.

Would you spare us the righteousness please. No one said anything even mildly offensive to you.

You said 'but i can see that he can be exciting'. Thats an insight i don't have. I was asking you to justify (you've completely failed in this btw) what you said, not an unreasonable request on a forum where ideas and opinions are shared.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now but playing the wounded soldier while 'ignoring the reality of the situation' (your words to me originally:eek:) isn't convincing.

• Site Banned Posts: 116 ✭✭DERPY HOOFS

There are people out there that see boxing as something that should be banned like dog fighting and bull fighting etc so people like Chisora and Haye that behave like this are helping their cause.I like boxing myself and think they should show more respect.I love to see boxers punch the hell out of each other and at the final bell hug and kiss and respect each other as sports men.

Would you spare us the righteousness please. No one said anything even mildly offensive to you.

You said 'but i can see that he can be exciting'. Thats an insight i don't have. I was asking you to justify (you've completely failed in this btw) what you said, not an unreasonable request on a forum where ideas and opinions are shared.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now but playing the wounded soldier while 'ignoring the reality of the situation' (your words to me originally:eek:) isn't convincing.

I dont have to justify a thing to you pal.

The easily upset on the web are always the most aggressive. Funny that. Almost the opposite of the real world.

You won't or you can't?;)

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    The easily upset on the web are always the most aggressive. Funny that. Almost the opposite of the real world.

Lol what the **** are you on about...offering pearls of wisdom over the web..lol.

• Advertisement

You won't or you can't?;)

Can you read? i said i dont have to.

im happy to drop it anytime you like by the way..you think im wrong..grand.

Can you read? i said i dont have to.

I know what you said and yes i can read. It doesn't preclude my question though genius.

I suspect you'll have a not so smart retort with nothing to do with the topic so i'll leave the last word and the failed sarcasm to you.

Lol what the **** are you on about...offering pearls of wisdom over the web..lol.
    Dude, you're the guy who needs to edit your posts because you hadn't figured out first time around that I wasn't actually agreeing with you. Maybe if you calmed down a bit you'd make less howlers? Just a friendly suggestion.

Warren responds to BBBOC..20,000 tickets sold already according to this report.

http://www.sportinglife.com/boxing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=boxing/12/05/12/BOXING_Warren.html&BID=543

Frank Warren has written to boxing bosses seeking clarity over any possible consequences of his role in the forthcoming fight between Dereck Chisora and David Haye.
    The British Boxing Board of Control have claimed that any licence holder involved in the bout - including the promoter, managers, seconds and other fighters - will be deemed to have broken the terms of their membership and be immediately stripped of it.
    Their stance is because of the controversial background to the July 14 fight.
    Chisora lost his licence following an out-of-the-ring brawl with Haye in Munich in February, and with Haye technically retired and without a licence, both men went to the Luxembourg Boxing Federation to be sanctioned to fight.
    As Chisora's manager, Warren would fall into the category of those who could be punished by the BBBofC, so he has contacted their general secretary, Robert Smith, to challenge their stance.
    He has offered a number of reasons why he believes the validity of the fight or his role in it should not be called into question, and in his letter says: "I require written confirmation that you will not seek to take away my licence if I remain Dereck Chisora's manager."
    He goes on to add: "I write to make two complaints.
    "The first is there are no substantive grounds to revoke my licence and the second is that you have not properly complied with any procedural requirements.
    "Under rule 4.12 of your own Rules and Regulations, as a licence holder I can participate (a) in or be at a promotion which is licensed by the BBBofC; or (b) in or at a Promotion organised by a Federation, Commission, Association or Controlling Authority affiliated to, or recognised by the BBBofC.
    "The Federation Luxembourgoise De Boxe is a Federation affiliated to and recognised by the Board. Both are affiliated to the EBU (European Boxing Union). As that Federation is sanctioning the Haye v Chisora fight, my participation is not a breach of your rules."
    Warren goes on to list a number of reasons why the fight will not be bringing boxing into disrepute, including:

"It cannot be because the fight is unlicensed, because it is licensed by a Federation older than the Board, affiliated to the EBU and which has the same medical provisions, testing, safety provisions and insurance as the Board."

"It cannot be because David Haye is fighting and is not licensed by the Board. If this were the case, you would object to almost every fight taking place overseas. Indeed, I note that the Board has not complained that the WBA is bringing the sport into disrepute, despite that organisation licensing (Floyd) Mayweather's fight even though he has a conviction for domestic violence."

"It cannot be because Dereck Chisora is not licensed by the Board, for the reasons above. Also, if the Board did consider that Mr Chisora should not fight again, it would have banned him for life. Instead it withdrew his licence but invited him to apply for a licence with the Board or with another sanctioning body when he wished to do so."
    Warren went on to say: "My concern is that by issuing the threat contained in your press release you are trying to stop me from being involved in a legitimate and lawful fight governed by another Federation and to interfere with my freedom to work and to earn a living."
    Chisora's appeal against the stripping of his licence will be heard in July. He will have been out of the ring for six months since his points defeat to Vitali Klitschko in February.
    Haye has not fought since his loss to Wladimir Klitschko last July. He retired in October and had initially said he would only return to the ring to fight one of the Ukrainian brothers.
    But his press conference fight with Chisora following the latter's defeat to Vitali Klitschko, which saw punches thrown and a tripod wielded, sparked a new rivalry that has lured the 31-year-old back into the ring.
    Ticket sales in the region of 20,000 have already been reported for Haye v Chisora.

@corny
    This guy hasn't even figured out yet that he's recommending our posts.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

More flak for this farce

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2012/steve-farhood-slams-haye-v-chisora

seems warren has got a fall guy to keep him in the clear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Would'nt be surprised to see Chisora come out overweight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/7847104/Chisora-comes-under-attack

More trouble for Chisora coming into this fight. The man just can't stay out of trouble for five minutes, it's ridiculous and hilarious in equal measure.

I still hope he wins the fight though, i really don't want Haye mouthing about having another crack at a Klitschko.

TBH a double knock out would be best for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

barney4001 wrote: »
    More flak for this farce

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2012/steve-farhood-slams-haye-v-chisora

seems warren has got a fall guy to keep him in the clear

his brother I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,705 ✭✭✭✭walshb

If Haye boxes clever, moves his feet and throws his usual 10-20 punche a rd he should win. That is how poor Chisora is.

Advertisement