Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

haye v chisora

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

bush league two-bob chancers. a disgrace from top to bottom.promoters to luxembourg authorities to fighters.no contrition,no class . once again the almighty dollar rules. the world is a gutter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

I'll be rooting for Chisora in this one.

At least he put it up to a Klitschklo all be it Vitali had a supposed shoulder problem.

I think David is trying to worm his way into getting a shot at at Vitali by taking this fight. I hope Chisora knocks him out and puts an end to this loud mouth once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kyle123

i cant help but feel it was all a set up from the beginning. just seems like it. make them arch enemies and then have a fight to end it all and decide the better man. looking forward to it and should be a good fight but just seems scripted to me lol

• Site Banned Posts: 116 ✭✭DERPY HOOFS

The way they have gone on at the press conferance on Sky is very bad with a fence between them ffs.They cant even control themselves.And Chisora just claimed Haye pulled a knife at him in a restaurant??I am sick of Haye talking rubbish b4 a fight.He is a disgrace.
    They have no respect for the law no respect for boxing and no respect for themselves.If they were any good they would not need to talk **** b4 a fight to sell tickets.As the Klitsco manager said its a freak show.I will just look at the welterweights as they are exciting.The heavyweights are not worth watching.

Why cant Chisora talk he just umbles weird stuff trying to sound hard.When he talks his face shows me somthing differant to what he is saying.If i was 17 stone i reckon i could take him on ha ha

• Site Banned Posts: 116 ✭✭DERPY HOOFS

kyle123 wrote: »
    i cant help but feel it was all a set up from the beginning. just seems like it. make them arch enemies and then have a fight to end it all and decide the better man. looking forward to it and should be a good fight but just seems scripted to me lol
    I agree.I knew Haye would not retire.I wont pay to see this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I would not pay for any more Haye fights after the last one, what a timid surrender.

And that fool Booth calling the ref a disgrace as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

we should take a moral stand and close this thread, as if they don't even exist. that'll teach em' to disrespect the sport :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Strip away all the BS and its a decent heavyweight fight, im gonna watch it. Boxing is about money.. plain and simple and this fight was always gonna happen.

The people on here saying they wont watch are telling porkies and they know it.

Not saying its right..but its the reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

This is all about making money nothing else,Warren seen the £ signs bringing boxing into the gutter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Haye is close to retirement but surely ****ing around the BBBC when you've plenty of years ahead of you in your career is a big mistake for Chisora...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭corny

Haye is close to retirement but surely ****ing around the BBBC when you've plenty of years ahead of you in your career is a big mistake for Chisora...

Make haye while the sun shines.:D
    Jaysoose wrote: »
    Strip away all the BS and its a decent heavyweight fight, im gonna watch it. Boxing is about money.. plain and simple and this fight was always gonna happen.

The people on here saying they wont watch are telling porkies and they know it.

Not saying its right..but its the reality.

Is it really though?

Strip away the bull**** and you have a relatively inexperienced fighter on a losing streak and a sham who never comes to fight or put on a show.

All this fight has is the bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kyle123

kinda off subject but i just seen haye is mento fight vitali on 31st of dec 2012? so much for retirement lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

They're turning boxing into the WWE, especially seeing them sitting there at the press conference seperated by a fence.

I know where my money's going... Haye by suplex in the 10th

corny wrote: »
    Make haye while the sun shines.:D

Is it really though?

Strip away the bull**** and you have a relatively inexperienced fighter on a losing streak and a sham who never comes to fight or put on a show.

All this fight has is the bull****.

Cant agree with this assessment at all, haye fought scared against wlad but apart from that he has always come to fight and is an exciting heavyweight behind it all, chisora gave vitali a decent fight and obviously when motivated can peform.

Dont let your personal opinion cloud the reality of the situation, it could be a decent fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭corny

Cant agree with this assessment at all, haye fought scared against wlad but apart from that he has always come to fight and is an exciting heavyweight behind it all, chisora gave vitali a decent fight and obviously when motivated can peform.

Dont let your personal opinion cloud the reality of the situation, it could be a decent fight.

Where did you get that from?:confused: At heavyweight? Your reality must differ from mine then so because

Haye V Valuev was an awful spectacle.
    Haye V Ruiz was a joke it was so one sided.
    Haye V Fraudley took him three rounds to throw a punch.
    Haye V Klitschko he did his best to make it a dull affair.

Make no mistake Haye is here for the paycheck and entertaining the masses is his lowest priority. I've no real dislike of him either, don't know the man, but you're blind if you can't recognise he's a spoofer.

Chisora might come to put on a show but he'll bring his own brand of nastiness boxing could do without. He'll probably be more likely to cause anarchy than he is to create a good clean fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i hate the way Chisora keeps wearing a Bandana around his face trying to be tough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

MD1990 wrote: »
    i hate the way Chisora keeps wearing a Bandana around his face trying to be tough

if this was the case every scummer in Dublin would wear a bandana, it could be cause he is ugly

Where did you get that from?:confused: At heavyweight? Your reality must differ from mine then so because

Obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

if this was the case every scummer in Dublin would wear a bandana, it could be cause he is ugly

Its cos he's all gangsta and sheit, bro.

It would be more correct to say Haye was an interesting cruiserweight...

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

Haye V Valuev was an awful spectacle.
    Haye V Ruiz was a joke it was so one sided.
    Haye V Fraudley took him three rounds to throw a punch.
    Haye V Klitschko he did his best to make it a dull affair.

Agreed

Haye v Valuev, Harrison and Klitschko where Haye doing the bare minimum and where non spectator events

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Have you watched David Haye fight at heavyweight? :confused:

Haye attracts casual fans who seem to know damn all about boxing (which is a virtue in itself) but on the flipside they seem to think he is the second coming of Mike Tyson.
    Its like the crowd who gave him a shot at beating Wlad, they had never actually seen Wlad fight.
    And to have a punchers chance, Haye would need to actually find the balls to throw some punches.

Haye has done a masterful job at convincing casual fans in their masses that he is an all action, hard punching, fast, exciting heavyweight.

The reality is alot different

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Have you watched David Haye fight at heavyweight? :confused:

Haye attracts casual fans who seem to know damn all about boxing (which is a virtue in itself) but on the flipside they seem to think he is the second coming of Mike Tyson.
    Its like the crowd who gave him a shot at beating Wlad, they had never actually seen Wlad fight.
    And to have a punchers chance, Haye would need to actually find the balls to throw some punches.

Haye has done a masterful job at convincing casual fans in their masses that he is an all action, hard punching, fast, exciting heavyweight.

The reality is alot different

Oh right so you can say who is and isnt a casual fan then, i never said i was a fan of haye so you can save the sanctimonius shiite for somebody else. I never claimed he was the second coming of tyson or anything close to that either i simply stated that in the current heavyweight division he can be exciting its that simple.

People are so focused on trying to score points on here at times its ****ing pathetic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

It's supposedly attached to a Ricky Burns and Mitchell card so I'd definitely watch it. Strip away the bull**** and hype and it'd be a mildly interesting boxing match.
    Agree. A bit of a clueless thug, but I actually admired Chisora's zero respect approach to the Klitschkos. Haye will destroy him though I reckon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Haye v Valuev, Harrison and Klitschko where Haye doing the bare minimum and where non spectator events
    Hardly a useful criticism when Vlad and Vitali have been boring everybody to tears with boxing by percentage for 10 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Quick question for you's. Seen a quote from the BBBoC earlier basically saying anyone that participates, is seen as giving up their memberships. Does that only apply to the 2 fighters or does it go further than that? Promoters, trainers etc and if so could that have a knock on effect for other fighters involved with the promoters and trainers.

Sorry if it's already been answered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Hardly a useful criticism when Vlad and Vitali have been boring everybody to tears with boxing by percentage for 10 years now.

You'd probably be bored with this fight too if you viewed it on its merits . You probably don't put any blame on Haye for being boring against Vladmair . However,the promoters and media will build up Haye again for this anticipated event , and they will include enough WWE type entertainemt in and around the fight to distract people from the actual boxing

Advertisement