Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

haye v chisora

Options
  • 04-05-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

meant to be announced soon according to dan rafael

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
    Been told @frankwarren_tv is trying to finalize @dellboychisora vs #Toe Haye to announce it Tuesday. #boxing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I thought Chisora was banned, or is this been sanctioned outside of Britain?

Double KO FTW

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Oh, what a surprise, never seen this coming :rolleyes:

A complete and utter waste of time for all concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The sad thing is they will sell a PPV because they are British, the media will build it up to be some way relevant.

Wouldn't bother my arse watching it but you would hope there could be some form of double KO as has been said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭coronaextra

Am I the only one who thinks this could be an entertaining fight (for Heavyweight)? :D

I think they will be well matched and plenty of "histroy" thrown in.

Its going to sell well anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Two loud mouths with very little to offer.

Boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Am the only one who thinks this could be an entertaining fight (for Heavyweight)! :D

I think they will be well matched and plenty of "histroy" thrown in.

Its going to sell well anyway.

It's supposedly attached to a Ricky Burns and Mitchell card so I'd definitely watch it. Strip away the bull**** and hype and it'd be a mildly interesting boxing match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

with very little to offer.

Boring.

don't think so, Chisora actually put it up to Kilt (a fact that is often overlooked due to the after fight shi7te). He's young by heavyweight standards.

This fight will be trash tv all over and many will eagerly wait it

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

I think its a great fight. Chisora to me was super impressive against Klit. Based on that performance I actually think he troubles Haye and I'd back him at what I'd say would be high enough odds. Hope it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd rather watch two drunks have a row over a spilt pint. They're two nothing fighters hyped to the moon and back by Sky but neither has accomplished anything of note. It speaks to the complete lack of heavyweight challengers that those two were even allowed near a title fight.

Sure why not go the whole hog and have the winner fight Audley?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

don't think so, Chisora actually put it up to Kilt (a fact that is often overlooked due to the after fight shi7te). He's young by heavyweight standards.

Aww come on now, he never troubled Vitali once. Vitali barely had to break a sweat to beat him. It was like watching Madrid play Crawley Town. There was nothing Chisora could have done to even worry Vitali, such is the gulf in class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

Was Vitali not carrying a shoulder injury against Chisora that prevented him from jabbing?

Don't know if ill be watching this one, it's the first fight I can think of where I want to see both fighters loose

If haye wins then they will look at chisora's performance against vitali and use it to show how Haye would definitely beat vitali

If Chisora wins then a guy who lost to Tyson Fury will be built up as a young superstar that only needs to beat a few bums before being good enough to take on and beat Wlad

Actually, there's no way I'm watching it

Of course I'd watch it but would not expect too much.

As an undercard fight it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

July 14th in Upton Park. Fight sanctioned by the Luxembourg boxing board-what a joke!

link

July 14th in Upton Park. Fight sanctioned by the Luxembourg boxing board-what a joke!

link

Kinda funny! So basically the British board have no real power

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

cowzerp wrote: »
    Kinda funny! So basically the British board have no real power

Well because they didnt ban him no. Its a bit of a joke tbh.

ah well il enjoy it anyway i suppose, hopefully chisora loses then shoots david haye and gets locked up. Double Whammy.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

It's a shame it's on Boxnation. I won't be subscribing no matter what the build up is like. I'm sure it will be insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I think ARD in Germany are picking this fight up too, a lot of German interest in it.

It's a shame it's on Boxnation. I won't be subscribing no matter what the build up is like. I'm sure it will be insane.

I don't get this Boxnation issue-it's a very good station and we're lucky to have a station dedicated to Boxing that actually gets the fights people want-12.50 and we got Mayweather v Cotto and Mosley v Alvarez, then the rest of the month on top of that with some good Boxing on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I d'ont think Haye would win that fight. He does'nt throw enough punches and is not brave enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

cowzerp wrote: »
    I don't get this Boxnation issue-it's a very good station and we're lucky to have a station dedicated to Boxing that actually gets the fights people want-12.50 and we got Mayweather v Cotto and Mosley v Alvarez, then the rest of the month on top of that with some good Boxing on too.

Agreed on this, Boxnation is brilliant for getting the big fights to the people, I'm sick of having to watch these fights on streams (Korea). When I get home I'll definitely pay the subscription, definitely worth the price for a night of boxing, some cans and the lads round. It may not be HBO, but it's definitely better than nothing!

As far as Haye and Chisora go, I'm a boxing fan, and in the last few years I've seen some many great fights cancelled or postponed or never occur at all. So I'll gladly watch this...

Haye's a decent boxer but a bit of a tosser, same can be said for Chisora.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to see a fight that will be competitive, somewhat aggressive and hugely built up. If we didn't watch a fight because one or both of the fighters was a jerk we wouldn't see many fights :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

What a farce...
    So any fighter need not worry about doing something outrageous and having his license removed as there are so many other boxing bodies who will sanction a fight.

Double knockout here would be the best outcome....but neither are good enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

coup1917 wrote: »
    What a farce...
    So any fighter need not worry about doing something outrageous and having his license removed as there are so many other boxing bodies who will sanction a fight.

Double knockout here would be the best outcome....but neither are good enough..

Love Boxing, always have. But this is shameful.

David Haye does not love the sport, he has zero respect for boxing fans.

Chisora I really believe is a street thug, he'd be locked up if he wasn't a boxer. Those ITK in boxing circles in the UK know this guy is a bad character and has done some things that are bang out of order, things that would not be known to the public at large. And i'm not just talking about beating his gfriend.

The fact that both of these guys are allowed to profit on the back of an act of thuggery and opportunism is nothing short of disgraceful. Its just bad for boxing, makes a mockery of the sport. To say "its great to see the best fights happening" is also making more out of these 2 guys than there should be. Chisora is a non event, Tyson Fury beat him FFS and he went the distance with an ageing Vitali. He is not even the second best heavyweight in Britain, so to say he deserves this for any reason other than his antics in Munich is just baseless.

Haye appeals to those casual fans who have no idea about boxing. The same crew who claim the Klitschko's are bad for the division, when in essence these guys have class and dignity that you could only dream of from a world heavyweight champion.

Haye is a circus act he is not a fighter. Chisora belongs in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 The Goosey Gander

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Love Boxing, always have. But this is shameful.

David Haye does not love the sport, he has zero respect for boxing fans.

Chisora I really believe is a street thug, he'd be locked up if he wasn't a boxer. Those ITK in boxing circles in the UK know this guy is a bad character and has done some things that are bang out of order, things that would not be known to the public at large. And i'm not just talking about beating his gfriend.

The fact that both of these guys are allowed to profit on the back of an act of thuggery and opportunism is nothing short of disgraceful. Its just bad for boxing, makes a mockery of the sport. To say "its great to see the best fights happening" is also making more out of these 2 guys than there should be. Chisora is a non event, Tyson Fury beat him FFS and he went the distance with an ageing Vitali. He is not even the second best heavyweight in Britain, so to say he deserves this for any reason other than his antics in Munich is just baseless.

Haye appeals to those casual fans who have no idea about boxing. The same crew who claim the Klitschko's are bad for the division, when in essence these guys have class and dignity that you could only dream of from a world heavyweight champion.

Haye is a circus act he is not a fighter. Chisora belongs in prison.

Well said.could not agree more..

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

I've tried to defend Haye in the past but my god he's some toss pot. The two of them don't deserve to fight again. Shameful form both camps and another huge build up to what will be a $hit fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

this is incredibly stupid from Haye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

MD1990 wrote: »
    this is incredibly stupid from Haye

What a dick!! Reporter handled it very good and got a few sly digs in too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Haye is a sack of shít but I'm up for him in this one.

Chisora's just a fúcking scummer!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What does the Luxembourgish federation get out of granting this fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭clubwelly

It's terrible that it's goin to be licensed under another country's boxing code but I'll watch this fight no doubt.

They shud have been made formally apologuise to each other, to the fans and to the public. The British Board have done themselves no favours by deferring the appeal hearing but recon Warren wud have gone ahead with fight either way.
    Have they announced any possible undercard fights? Hoping for Kevin Mitchell vrs Ricky Burns that's def a much better fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭corny

link

Disgraceful they (Chisora anyway) can circumvent the decision of the BBBC so easily and whats even more disgraceful is Chisoras flagrant disregard for the ban he should be serving. Shows he has absolutely no remorse for his actions.

Think i'm gonna make a point not to watch this. Haye is so transparently manipulative that i don't think i could live with myself if i made him 12.50 richer.:)

Advertisement