Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Meetup Thread!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭stevexo

I have recently moved to Cork with work and unfortunately know no-one here...I was wondering if your still meeting up at all? Please could you let me know either way...Thanks...:)

The trick here is to organise something and people will let you know if they will come. If you sit back and wait for something, no one will bother.
    so ur new to cork, what do you want to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GalwayChelle

to be honest i just fancy going out for a few drinks and somewhere in town like...I dont really know anywhere to go and all i feel like my life is at the moment work and home...very sad i know!!! Thats not usually me at all...thanks for mailing me back so quick btw...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GalwayChelle

ps think might have private messaged you by mistake long time since i used this yolk! sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

I have recently moved to Cork with work and unfortunately know no-one here...I was wondering if your still meeting up at all? Please could you let me know either way...Thanks...:)

Hi GalwayChelle welcome to cork :) If anyone organises something I'd be up for going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Hi GalwayChelle welcome to cork :) If anyone organises something I'd be up for going :)

There's a Thread going about some people heading to the Oktoberfest...

That's if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I'll second that. Bored off my t|ts since my two best friends left Cork.

Tonight or any Saturday night is good for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

grenache wrote: »
    I'll second that. Bored off my t|ts since my two best friends left Cork.

Tonight or any Saturday night is good for me.
    Sorry to hear that. Add me to the whole going out thing if you don't mind too much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

I'm thinking of heading into Oktoberfest Beag this evening with a mate for a few hours. As is always the case tho, the more the merrier. If anyone is interested in heading in, let me know and I can meet ye outside or something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Hey guys, I know loads of people are heading out tomorrow night but I'm just wondering is anyone around Saturday to head to the cinema or out for some drinks??

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I know loads of people are heading out tomorrow night but I'm just wondering is anyone around Saturday to head to the cinema or out for some drinks??

i might be doing drinks in midleton if thats not too far?

• Advertisement

stevexo wrote: »
    i might be doing drinks in midleton if thats not too far?

a bit too far I think! a taxi would cost me a bomb, thanks anyway Steve :)

nursemar88 wrote: »

a bit too far I think! a taxi would cost me a bomb, thanks anyway Steve :)
    Theres a spare bed and a giant bean bag there :)

stevexo wrote: »
    Theres a spare bed and a giant bean bag there :)
    Thanks a mil Steve but no thanks, just want to go back to my own bed! :) thanks anyways :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

nursemar88 if there is a meetup in Midleton on Saturday night I'd happily give you a lift there and back (not drinking much these days so 1 night a week is enough for me).

So stevexo ... is there a midleton meet sat night?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sandra dunne

hi
    im only new to boards so maybe im on the wrong thread ,,

anyways ive just moved to cork and im trying to meet new friends for chats coffee shopping and a maybe a good nite out on the town lol
    any ideas or groups any one could recommend ??
    thanks

hi
    im only new to boards so maybe im on the wrong thread ,,

anyways ive just moved to cork and im trying to meet new friends for chats coffee shopping and a maybe a good nite out on the town lol
    any ideas or groups any one could recommend ??
    thanks

Hi Sandra,,

The Cork Group meet up every month or so here.

Not sure if there's one due this month,but you could contact KingTut,as he's the King that runs them.

You could also contact some of the people on here.. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056824148

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sandra dunne

thats great thanks for ue help

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ruserious

Where do people go for these drinks in the city? Favourite places would be Franciscan well and the Sextant. Miles apart though.

ruserious wrote: »
    Where do people go for these drinks in the city? Favourite places would be Franciscan well and the Sextant. Miles apart though.

The venue varies with each meetup...Although the same place has been paid a visit on more than one occasion. But it would want to be a very good venue for the Group to go there more than once.

The best thing is that it's not just drinks...The Group meet up for a meal and drinks too. Not every time though.

Great nights out,,I have to say.

Thanks. Is there a general age group to these outings??

• Advertisement

Thanks. Is there a general age group to these outings??

I'd say most are in 20's to mid 30's......That's until We came along..:D

I'll just have to keep an eye on here so. Early 20's. (But older mind :) )

I'll just have to keep an eye on here so. Early 20's. (But older mind :) )

Opposite here....

20's mind but actually older...;)

Keep an eye on the Threads here for the next meetup,,or you could also drop KingTut a pm.

In fact,I think KingTut is very busy with work,,so I'll have to find out who is going to arrange the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

MrFrisp wrote: »
    In fact,I think KingTut is very busy with work,,so I'll have to find out who is going to arrange the next one.

kingtut is never too busy to meetup :)

kingtut wrote: »
    kingtut is never too busy to meetup :)

Get it sorted so Chief... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 unieque

Hi just back in Cork and looking to meet new people. Have ye any more events planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 chloe90

i'mlooking to meet new people when do you guys meet up ?

We are actually meeting up tomorrow night..

It's not a "Boards.ie" but still run by the fantastic KingTut..

There's a link here.. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056902519

Hi All

I'm from Cork in my 30's and 've hit the age where all my friends are either married or married with children. I'm looking to meet new single people. PM me if interested or just reply to thread to show your interest!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Amy 28 wrote: »
    Hi All

I'm from Cork in my 30's and 've hit the age where all my friends are either married or married with children. I'm looking to meet new single people. PM me if interested or just reply to thread to show your interest!!!

We haven't had any boards.ie meetups since the powers that be moved everything over to Meetup.com under the name "Meetups in Cork". It's a very mixed group. You missed the pool tournament yesterday :( But there will be lots more coming up :)

Advertisement