Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

womens groups in cork

Options
  • 04-12-2012 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

just wondering is there any womens groups in cork for women in their 20 and 30 to join? at the age where a lot of my friends are settled or moved away so miss having the girlie nights out, etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

just wondering is there any womens groups in cork for women in their 20 and 30 to join? at the age where a lot of my friends are settled or moved away so miss having the girlie nights out, etc

How about forming your own one? ;)

Just an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭sporina

we should defo organise something in the new year; there is another thread similar to this on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

sporina wrote: »
    we should defo organise something in the new year; there is another thread similar to this on here.

ok will try and and start one in the new year, im sure there are other 20/30 women out there who find a lot of their friends are settled and starting families so arent around as often. if anyone is interested pm me and and will sort something in jan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭angeline

Count me in too. The last of my single female friends has gotten married and most are on to their third or fourth child so I'd defo be on for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 sandra dunne

hi .. im looking for the same thing .. just moved down here so a bit friendless at the mo lol :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

glad im not the only one there. Best friends has three kids so havent seen her in months, and all my other friends are elsewhere..Makes for great nights in

right so will try to arrange something in the next wk or two pm with with suggestions

MrFrisp wrote: »
    Looks like you two Ladies should be getting in touch with each other.

at a risk of offense, why are you in this thread?

sporina wrote: »
    at a risk of offense, why are you in this thread?

As a person trying to help others....After all,,it's still the "Cork" Forum,,and not the Ladies Lounge.

• Advertisement

As a person trying to help others....After all,,it's still the "Cork" Forum,,and not the Ladies Lounge.

at times its doesnt come across as helping

at times its doesnt come across as helping

So what does it come across as??

It seems I've done something wrong now..

the title of the thread is women's groups in cork - seems a bit strange that a guy would be in here. there are plenty of other ways with which you could use your good nature - more appropriately too.. no offense

Take a chill pill girls...

Lesson learned..

I won't be offering help in here again.

So what does it come across as??

It seems I've done something wrong now..

as a bit of a smart ass taking the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nbnb

hi, as far as I know there are no specific ladies group, there is the leeside macra who are a mixed social group in cork city and meetup.com have a cork base which is quite good for going along to social events, i would be interested in a female social group however if someone was interested also in arranging same? Nikki

And why would I want to do that then? Have I done it somewhere else before?

No I have not.

Very true, that idea never entered my mind!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

Ha, Ha. Had to laugh at this one. Is this not an open, public forum where anyone can read or post?

I wonder if the roles were reversed and MrFrisp made such a comment about a lady, would he be accused of being sexist, bigoted etc.

Just wondering.

:D

• Advertisement

i wasnt starting anything just an example of how things can come across on a forum like this. it maybe an open forum but a guy commenting on previous post here can be interputted a number of ways

i wasnt starting anything just an example of how things can come across on a forum like this. it maybe an open forum but a guy commenting on previous post here can be interputted a number of ways

Agreed..

As I already said...Lesson learned..

I won't be trying to help like that again.

Chill folks, bit of a misunderstanding, no harm done, you'd only be wasting time going over it.

cool now back to the point of the thread, ill pm those who said they would be iinterested and will try to sort out coffee or somthing for us to get to met

Great, look forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

Hey. has the meetup been sorted yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Hiya, wouldn't mind getting involved. It sounds like it could be fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hebejam

right so will try to arrange something in the next wk or two pm with with suggestions

This sounds great, is there much interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

I'm definitely up for meeting anonymous strangers from a message board who needlessly attacked another person who was trying to help in the very thread where they agreed to meet up. Typical catty woman behaviour...

Find a group of lads. It's a lot less arduous and bitchy to talk to them and they generally don't get pregnant. Plus there's no conversational holds barred and you might be invited for a game of ball.

• Advertisement

ok thinking of taking down the thread now. it was a genuine thread no one was attacking anyone, a bit disapointed if people think that and the last comment wasnt needed as i thought the air was clear
    if any of the girls that said they would be interested in the idea, please feel free to work away to take over the organisation

Advertisement