Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Work, what has that to do with anything... I can't understand your objection... But report away if thine eye offends thee

Already did. You never heard the phrase "work safe/Not work safe"?

Would you like that on your screen if your boss walks by? Add in the people who might be eating, it being, you know, lunchtime.

Irresponsible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Thank god he didn't come across the budgie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Is that the sound of the ban hammer?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Beyond The Pale

I'm sure you can work it out yourself...

The picture was completely inappropriate...

Are you being serious... as I think this maybe a storm in a tea-cup... it was a prosthetic fish-man not unlike the caller from 1973.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Suzie4 wrote: »
    if you are in work ,maybe you should be working..just a thought.
    ..if you have the time to be on here and listening and reporting other people,maybe your priorities are a bit off..

And people with a zillion sock puppet accounts probably have priorities a bit off. Or too much time on their hands. But I digress...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Can we just give out about Bord Na Mona here instead?

No problem doing that.

Here in the West of Ireland the government are deploying the Air Corps to take photographs of people cutting their own turf as they have done for centuries in their own small bogs with the intention of procecuting them.

Meanwhile, state owned Bord na Mona can rip up thousands of square miles of land causing irrepairable environmental damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Joe really is an oaf..trying to catch this guy out on the most trivial points..some seriously poor broadcasting going on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Did I just hear a budgie chirping in the background?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

Oh for the love of god, what sh1te are will listening too.

syklops wrote: »

Would you like that on your screen if your boss walks by? Add in the people who might be eating, it being, you know, lunchtime.

Irresponsible.

This is totally ridiculous if you're in work: work that way everything will be 'safe' otherwise roll with the punches... seriously...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

syklops wrote: »

Irresponsible.

let it go will you skylops...go loosen your tie or something will you..

can we get back to dead budbgies and mobile phones..

"God rest him"

Nice one Joe, seeing as spilling his guts on Liveline probably contributed to him getting killed...

if you are in work ,maybe you should be working..just a thought.
    ..if you have the time to be on here and listening and reporting other people,maybe your priorities are a bit off..

Not that I have to explain myself to you, I regularly work 60 to 70 hours in a week. I work in a reactive role. Often times there is nothing to do, but I must cover the shift. When the sh*t hits the fan I react to it. Sometimes this is 5 minutes before my shift ends, sometimes its in the middle of liveline.

If you have an issue with that report my posts, or go email my boss. Otherwise wind your neck in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

• Registered Users Posts: 13,728 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

On QI last night, over 3 million people in prison in the USA, mainly because of the Three Strikes Law

this fella got 25 years for stealing video tapes because he had two previous strikes

On November 4, 1995, Leandro Andrade stole five videotapes from a K-Mart store in Ontario, California. Two weeks later, he stole four videotapes from a different K-Mart store in Montclair, California. Andrade had been in and out of state and federal prisons since 1982, Under California's three strikes law, any felony can serve as the third "strike" and thereby expose the defendant to a mandatory sentence of 25 years to life in prison.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

And people with a zillion sock puppet accounts probably have priorities a bit off. Or too much time on their hands. But I digress...

:confused::confused::confused:

Texas-death-chamber-007.jpg

We need a few of these Joe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I find the sympathy towards prisoners and their rights nauseating... It really is horrible what those left wing crowds have done to the country..

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

"They didn't live long enough to become mentally ill"

Interesting way of looking at it.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

This thread has gone to hell...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Why is a Gardai life more valuable than any other murder victim?

a suppository up the bum, bon jovi line 1, break-een a leg-een, brent pope plugged it, clint doc & uncle bob, gday, god bless, gortnawho??, got aids from me water!, he was molestored joe, heroin addict line ....

can we all get back to the issues at hand please..

dvcireland wrote: »
    On QI last night, over 3 million people in prison in the USA, mainly because of the Three Strikes Law

this fella got 25 years for stealing video tapes because he had two previous strikes

On November 4, 1995, Leandro Andrade stole five videotapes from a K-Mart store in Ontario, California. Two weeks later, he stole four videotapes from a different K-Mart store in Montclair, California. Andrade had been in and out of state and federal prisons since 1982, Under California's three strikes law, any felony can serve as the third "strike" and thereby expose the defendant to a mandatory sentence of 25 years to life in prison.

Yeah but how stupid would you have to be to 2 strikes into your 3 strike allowance, and then go and steal videotapes from k-mart?

Lol at Joe:

"Members of the IRA, er I mean, the Leadership of Sinn Fein"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'd say whoever it was, he was more dangerous after this prison guard came across him..

:confused::confused::confused:

Well there's a litany of things to be said here on of them might be that wonderful quote from Edward III ...

Beyond repulse of wit or cure of Art.
    Now, in the Sun alone it doth not lie,
    With light to take light from a mortal eye;
    For here two day stars that mine eyes would see
    More than the Sun steals mine own light from me,

• Registered Users Posts: 29,072 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Joe is like a terrier digging for tittle-tattle from prisons - gutter "journalism" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Joe is not getting the answers he wants

are you a danger to yourself ...?

is your toilet a danger to all of us ?

if you had money what dangerous thing would you do if you had a horse and a barge pole?

le la rat wrote: »
    Why is a Gardai life more valuable than any other murder victim?
    It's not that their lives are more valuable, but they are the guardians of the peace and if they are being threatened then you can argue society is breaking down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Tell me, of all the prisons in the country, which one would be best to hold Fry's Model Railway?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement