Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which pubs in city centre do good pints of guinness?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Brokentime wrote: »
    2nd this one.

McDaids Guinness is great; I've tumbled out of that place a few times after one too many (and they're shaggin' delicious, can you blame me?). Great location, too.

After that, I heard a few people say Chaplins, and I agree. Brogans is fairly good, as is Peter's Pub and The Lotts.

Cant take your post serious after this lol
    Peters Pub is one of the worst guinness in Dublin i've ever had. Great pub, just not for stout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

Slattsy wrote: »
    Cant take your post serious after this lol
    Peters Pub is one of the worst guinness in Dublin i've ever had. Great pub, just not for stout.

Never had a bad one or five in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Yes, chaplins has a good pint allright, as long as you don't mind drinking with a crowd that's at least 50% gardai from the massive station that's directly across the road. Still, though, all the more chance of a lock-in i suppose ;-)

i forgot about chaplins, its so long since i was in the place. its a great boozer

the last time i was there was with someone off boards

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

Everyone mentioning the same old traditional Dublin pubs (Stag's, Toner's Kehoe's, Long Hall, etc). Reality is most of them do ok pints. OP presumably trying to find those one or two bars that do exceptional pints. The kind of place you come across by accident in the middle of nowhere in west cork or somewhere. In my experience, The Clock on Thomas St used to have great pints, as did the 108 in Rathgar (now sadly gone). But most pubs outside Dublin are much more likely to produce a great pint

Ninap wrote: »
    Everyone mentioning the same old traditional Dublin pubs (Stag's, Toner's Kehoe's, Long Hall, etc). Reality is most of them do ok pints. OP presumably trying to find those one or two bars that do exceptional pints. The kind of place you come across by accident in the middle of nowhere in west cork or somewhere. In my experience, The Clock on Thomas St used to have great pints, as did the 108 in Rathgar (now sadly gone). But most pubs outside Dublin are much more likely to produce a great pint

Tried The Clock after a few recommendations.... was terrible.

People are mentioning the sames pubs because chances are they do a great pint.
    The reality is (for example).... The Long Hall does a quality pint. I'll stand by that, as will most people that know a thing or 2 about stout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yep the long hall is quality

for me in dublin:

crossbar and harold house in harolds cross
    the hill and humphreys in ranelagh
    gaffneys in fairview
    pier house in howth
    bachelor inn in town - still a good pint even though its lost its old character

there is loads more thats all i can think of now

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

O'Connells in Portobello has consistently good pints of stout

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

O'connells

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭monkeysarecool

The long hall or the hilltop bar on thomas street near the brewery was really good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

had a pint in mulligans on the advice of this thread

****ing biblical

• Advertisement

had a pint in mulligans on the advice of this thread

****ing biblical

The best around bar none.

Advertisement