Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Is it cloth or half leather? Hard to feckin tell.

It's full leather.

That drivers seat looks torn to **** too looking at those photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It's full leather.

That drivers seat looks torn to **** too looking at those photos.

Nah it's definitely half leather, that's usually part of the Avant Garde spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

CianRyan wrote: »
    Why run 500bhp in a Lupo? Things don't always have to make sense.

Would you rather I be padentic and suggest sticking an SR20DET in a Micra?
    I wouldn't want to do that though, I'd rather a more complete car, the thought of 500bhp running through the front wheels of a chassis that was never designed to run that much power is stupid to me. It might be a laugh at a drag track but that's a mug's game. Not my thing at all.

No Im just wondering why when someone talks about some crazy tuned Lupo would you compare it to a GTR.. I thought I might have missed a connection between the two.

I mean otherwise we can all just randomly compare things. Id rather have a Bentley GT than a Lupo myself or maybe a Maserati GT instead of a Mini. Or maybe a jetpack. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Well I'd a agree with the Maser or a jet pack but jaysus, you wouldn't catch me in one of those Bently's. I know they're great and I appreciate that but ugh, they're so ugly. Haha

Really, I needed something fast, tuned and Jap. An R34 just popped into my head so I went with that, I'd take the R33 I'm that video though. God yes!

Nah it's definitely half leather, that's usually part of the Avant Garde spec.

Any Avantgarde I've come across has been Full leather, infact I sold one with full leather a few years back.

The ad does say Half leather, so presumably it is. Maybe it's an Avantgarde sport.

Edit: Just remember another one and it was full leather also.

• Advertisement

Any Avantgarde I've come across has been Full leather, infact I sold one with full leather a few years back.

The ad does say Half leather, so presumably it is. Maybe it's an Avantgarde sport.

Edit: Just remember another one and it was full leather also.

I only say that because before I bought the MPS, I was looking at C180's and I was after the AG model as the grille and alloys were always better looking. I remember that they were all half leather bar 1. Maybe it's different in the E class though?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I only say that because before I bought the MPS, I was looking at C180's

Sweet jesus, however old-man the MPS felt... a merc! You may as well have bought slippers and a pipe too

Sweet jesus, however old-man the MPS felt... a merc! You may as well have bought slippers and a pipe too

Merc, not rover :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

The equivalent of a 328i or 330i BMW :) I'd know what I buy :D

/M

• Advertisement

Marlow wrote: »
    The equivalent of a 328i or 330i BMW :) I'd know what I buy :D

/M

Yeah, the Merc :pac:

I was looking at the newer model i.e 2008 onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

just used a pay at pump in maxol. card into pump and magic happens.

need this at more stations. so much easier and faster.

now if only there was super unleaded down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

forgot to ask, had a small bump with a curb .... took a tiny chip from the sidewall of the tyre..... not deep whatsoever, only surface,

is it ok ? nct fail ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

So long as you can't see the wires it will be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4037370

Mmmm... Nice car, nice house, one owner....

Oh wait... A towbar... Hmmm, light towing maybe?

Nooo, lol, stables

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4029138

And as well as the driver's seat having the bolster ripped the lights on the passenger side are not flush with the bonnet/bumper like on the driver's side. Who takes pics of a car inside a stables?? Well and good if the car has no towbar but not one that does!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Was surprised this morning at the manners of people on the roads, in heavy fog... People actually turning the foglights off when I was behind them. I thank you all :D

Except for this one pisshat who undertook a load of cars then when infront of me jammed on the brakes.... With yer one foglight too :rolleyes: and despite all the stunts they pulled off, I still got by them when they were stuck in traffic. What did all that get them, all that dangerous driving?? Nothing.

I hope they do that to an unmarked garda car someday, I really hope they do

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're driving a passat, karma will throw them an electrical fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Just a quick Q.

Okay, so someone asked me today. If they where driving under their dads or mothers name, for 2 or 3 years. passed their driving test. would the insurance company give a few quid off, when they switched to their own insurance policy?

My under standing was, that it wouldn't make a difference to the insurance company as, this person wouldn't have no claims bonus, until they have their own insurance policy??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Just a quick Q.

Okay, so someone asked me today. If they where driving under their dads or mothers name, for 2 or 3 years. passed their driving test. would the insurance company give a few quid off, when they switched to their own insurance policy?

My under standing was, that it wouldn't make a difference to the insurance company as, this person wouldn't have no claims bonus, until they have their own insurance policy??

Some places take named driver experience. Usually the company you we're a named driver under.

• Advertisement

OK, stupid question time!

Since I have always used CDs in every car I've owned, I never had a need for AUX inuputs/cables etc.

My current car has an Aux In port and I just want to verify what I need to get in order to play songs from my iPhone? I know it's an Aux cable but is it one that has the same connection as the charger on one end and a normal headphone type jack on the other end? Possibly also a USB connection to charge the phone from the 12V socket beside the Aux In port.

Head phone to head phone 3.5mm...

I have one of those which I connect my PC to my stereo but would that not have radiowave interference in the car?

I have one of those which I connect my PC to my stereo but would that not have radiowave interference in the car?
    Radiowaves? But it transmits the signal over a wire...?

Lovely stuff. Thanks lads ;) I'll let ye know what it's like to have finally joined 21st century ICE :D
    Matt Simis wrote: »
    Radiowaves? But it transmits the signal over a wire...?

True but when I test-drove that R3 RX8, he had a connection like the one I was talking about with the iphone charger on one end connected directly into the back of the OEM stereo and that had quite a bit of interference. It was the type that got louder in conjuction with engine revs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Lovely stuff. Thanks lads ;) I'll let ye know what it's like to have finally joined 21st century ICE :D
    Aux in is only slightly better than the old style "headphone to tape" gizmo! :p

But I have an irrational and unusual hatred of Aux-in, nobody else seems to have such issues with it! :confused:

langdang wrote: »
    Aux in is only slightly better than the old style "headphone to tape" gizmo! :p

But I have an irrational and unusual hatred of Aux-in, nobody else seems to have such issues with it! :confused:

I was just thinking that haha! I have no hatred nor love for it as I'm only going to use for the first time soon.

True but when I test-drove that R3 RX8, he had a connection like the one I was talking about with the iphone charger on one end connected directly into the back of the OEM stereo and that had quite a bit of interference. It was the type that got louder in conjuction with engine revs.
    That would be a ground loop isolation problem, not radiowaves either.. :p
    It gets louder as the interference is tied to operating voltage which is scaling with RPM (due to the alternator).

Matt Simis wrote: »
    That would be a ground loop isolation problem, not radiowaves either.. :p
    It gets louder as the interference is tied to operating voltage which is scaling with RPM (due to the alternator).

Obviously, I don't know much about motor electrics as it's not an area that interests me so I haven't a clue about all this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Obviously, I don't know much about motor electrics as it's not an area that interests me so I haven't a clue about all this :)

What if someone told you they had some really dirty cables in there behind the stereo...

:eek:

The horror!

:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement